• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

50's Primetime Cafe

blitzkrieg048

Bond...James Bond
Anyone Been To The 50's Primetime Cafe Recently? I Went 4 Years Ago And Liked It. It's A Little Pricey But The Atmosphere Is Fun. Good Peanut Butter Shakes Too!

I went there in August 2004 and it was okay. I loved the atmosphere, but it was too expensive for my college budget. All I got was a salad and it was not very good (orange dressing is all they offered). Other than that, I loved the "little brother" waiter and the old memorabilia. :love:

We went last March. I loved the atmosphere, it reminds me of my grandma's house. My kids kept wondering when the characters were coming. :rotfl2:

50's is a must-do dining room for us every trip to the Disney Studios. The atmosphere is a real hoot...

We have been there each time we have visited MGM and my entire family loves the atmosphere. They like being asked what color is the soap in the bathroom and the making of mom and dad eat all their veggies.

It is definitely on our must do list

WE went to 50's Primetime this past November and LOVED it! Our group consisted of 2 families-4 adults/6 kids.
GET THE FRIED CHICKEN!!!!!!! I am a huge cook and have tried many different kinds of food in many places and I am telling you that this fried chicken is the best I have ever had--hubby agreed. If you are not into chicken, our friend got the pot roast and it was extremely tender and very tasty too....it would be my second choice. Both of these entrees had very generous portions. Our friend's wife got the pasta and we were all ill impressed with it....(I shared my chicken with her :) The pasta was kinda bland and it was a small serving compared to our chicken and pot roast. The kids had mac n cheese...it was like homemade and VERY cheesey (warn your kids if they are used to the blue box) 4 out of the 6 kids liked it.
For dessert, we ordered the s'mores and though they sound simple they were truly delicious. The atmosphere was fun and I can't say that it was any more expensive than any other sit-down restaurant in the World. I left feeling that I got my money's worth.....try to check it out!

I was there in Feb/05 and I had the grilled chicken sandwhich and I got to say that its the best chicken sandwhich I have ever had. It was so yummy.

We always go for lunch since its not as much $$

We make it a must do every trip

Well... my DH and I were there in Jan and we are going to give a different review than the others on this tread. We had a very bad experience. Service was very poor and the food was not good. My DH ordered soup which he never received. We waited a long time for our food. When it arrived, we asked for a soda refill which we never received either. The food was cold. I love greenbeans (nice and crisp and not mushy) but my DH's tasted like they were taken from the freezer allowed to thawand then put on a plate stone cold. He said the meatloaf at our local diner at home was much better. My pork was tough and cold. Our waitress never stopped to ask us if everything was okay or we wanted dessert. We finally flagged down the hostess and asked if she would please have our waitress bring our bill.

blitzkrieg048 said:
Anyone Been To The 50's Primetime Cafe Recently? I Went 4 Years Ago And Liked It. It's A Little Pricey But The Atmosphere Is Fun. Good Peanut Butter Shakes Too!

We had a blast! I got in so much trouble, I had to stand in the corner :rotfl: :rotfl: My BIL had to recite "I'm a little Tea Cup" for talking back. The place is a riot!

We LOVE PrimeTime - it's a must do with us. The food is fine - but that's not why we love it. We're taking our DD's German exchange student boyfriend in 2 weeks and I can't wait to take him there. Becca gives him all sorts of grief about how he spreads his elbows out to eat - I told her to just let him get away with it another couple of weeks and let "mom" take care of it!

Sherri - I would be so mad if I had an experience like yours. Sounds like you didn't get to experience any of the fun. I'd really give it another try - that is not the norm.

blitzkrieg048 said:

Went in 03. Food/Price Ratio 8/10. Atmosphere 10/10. Service 10/10. Best overall value at MGM.

We eat here on every trip, and have never had a bad experience. One tip...don't try to hide your broccoli from the chicken pot pie. You will be caught and they will feed it to you "airplane style" in front of everyone in the restaurant. DS and DH got a big kick out of my embarassment! princess: pirate: :earboy2:

We just went there two weeks ago. We're another family who goes every trip. We love the atmosphere and the food. Interestingly, we feel the prices are very reasonable. Guess it depends what you're used to. We've always had great service. Love the Dad's special dessert, it's huge! All four of us share it. Fun place!!

My husband and I went in March of last year and quite honestly this was probably the best meal we had on our vacation. Not only was the food good but the whole atmosphere was so much fun. Our waitress was a hoot and so reminded me of my grandma, it was a great experience...

We've eaten there three times now. 1st time was a blast...we had Cousin CHris and he was a hoot. The food was terrific. Would have given it a 10!! 2nd time...not so terrific. We tried to eat rather early in order to catch Fantasmic that night. If I remember correctly we had PS for several hours before the show started. Our server, a woman, wasn't 'on' for the most part. No different than any other restaurant server. We had to keep asking other servers to go find her if we needed anything. We had told her we were going to Fantasmic that evening, so we didn't want to dilydally over dinner. Seems she didn't grasp that concept. We asked for our check and it took her 25 minutes to get it to us, after many requests for it!!! We got to Fantasmic about 20 minutes before the show started. Seating was incredibly crowded and we got put in handicapped seating intended for 2 and there were three of us.
But, the last time we went last Aug it was very good!!! Our server was a hoot. And the poor people around us were really misbehaving and having to pay the price!!! So, our faith has been restored and my dd and I are going back in June. In fac, I just got off the phone from making PS for that one!!
And we have always loved the food...it is just wonderful. The only time it was iffy was when dh strayed from the normal and tried a steak. I don't think that's one of PT's strong points!!

Hi,

Love it here!!!! It's so much fun & the food is simple but good.

Allison

We were there March 18 and loved it. We were lucky enough to walk in with out a PS and were seated right away.Food was great.We had pot roast (yummy) DS had some kind of sandwich and DD was able to find some vegetarian food here too. The servers were really fun and embarassed DS (22 ) for playing with his food! The decor is great here.DSGF said"this looks just like my Gramma's house" What fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter