• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

50'S Prime Time or Chefs France

4disneygenerations

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure which to have a 2pm lunch at 50's PTC or a 6-7 pm dinner at Chefs France. We like them both but its been a few years since Chef France. I'm also debating on either Chef France 6-7 pm or Tutu Italia same time. We have never eaten in the Italy restaurants. I think its because we eat a lot of Italian dishes at home. Ive read some good reviews on them both but also so negative, thoughts?

I agree with you about Italian dishes. We eat a lot of really good Italian dishes at home so we have a very difficult time eating Italian food at WDW when there are so many other really good restaurants around the resort. Personally, we would pick Chefs de France over 50's PTC!!

Well I can give at least a little help. We ate at 50's Primetime during the 1st two weeks in June and found it to be as fantastic as ever. The antics were still there (unlike WCC) but the waiter actually asked me quietly before he started if it was OK. All 3 waiters in our area were being very funny. For the food I recommend the fried chicken, coming from the deep south I am a harsh critic of chicken and loved the stuff there. We had 5 people eat the chicken and 1 the pot roast (she liked hers as well). For desert I had the peanut butter chocolate cake but I liked it to much, after 4 bites I gave it away (I watch the calorie thing all the time). We don't tend to eat Italian there because we can get good Italian almost anywhere.

Chefs de France and 50's Prime Time Café are two of our favorite restaurants at WDW. We usually go to both on a typical trip. According to my restaurant tracker, we've gone to each of them 4-5 times over the last few years.

One thing we like about 50's PTC is that it gives us a break from all of the fancy food! :) After a week of high-end restaurants, it's nice to go to a place with comfort food.

Both restaurants were still good on our last trip in 2017.

...We don't tend to eat Italian there because we can get good Italian almost anywhere.
Ditto. We've eaten at dozens of different restaurants at WDW, but have never eaten at a WDW Italian restaurant, for pretty much the same reason.

(On the other hand, we have eaten at every Palo restaurant in the DCL fleet for both brunch and dinner, so that probably makes up for it.)

Last edited:

Chefs de France and 50's Prime Time Café are two of our favorite restaurants at WDW. We usually go to both on a typical trip. According to my restaurant tracker, we've gone to each of them 4-5 times over the last few years.

One thing we like about 50's PTC is that it gives us a break from all of the fancy food! :) After a week of high-end restaurants, it's nice to go to a place with comfort food.

Both restaurants were still good on our last trip in 2017.

Ditto. We've eaten at dozens of different restaurants at WDW, but have never eaten at a WDW Italian restaurant, for pretty much the same reason.

(On the other hand, we have eaten at every Palo restaurant in the DCL fleet for both brunch and dinner, so that probably makes up for it.)
This is us too. Such a hard choice as Chefs De France and 50’s Primetime are two of our favorites. I really love French food though and my family loves the Creme brûlée there. On the other hand my family still talks about the last time we were at 50s PTC.

There is so much good Italian food where we live, that it doesn’t appeal to me at Epcot, I would rather have something different, but i do make an exception for Palo on the cruise ships.

I would say 50’s prime time...

But that’s probably because I do not really like chefs de France :duck:

I don’t hate it, but it’s just ok. I love French food,I was raised on French food and I visit France at least once a year, but this... it’s a pass for me. All the food I’ve eaten there has been underwhelming

I don’t think you can go wrong at either ‘50’s or Chefs. I’d pick the one whose food appealed to me more or who was in the location that worked best with my plans.

Also, I would not choose Tutto over those unless drastic circumstances made me do so!

I don’t think you can go wrong at either ‘50’s or Chefs. I’d pick the one whose food appealed to me more or who was in the location that worked best with my plans.

Also, I would not choose Tutto over those unless drastic circumstances made me do so!
Ditto! 2pm lunch or 6-7pm dinner, deciding factors for us and how we do things: we always have a light breakfast so by 2pm, we would need a good lunch, which would be ride and possibly heat prohibitive (chicken, pot roast delicious but :crazy2: TOT, ARRC, no can do) Dinner, we prefer 8:30, a little vino and we’re done riding and heading back to resort after. And 3rd where do you plan to be!

I like both, although I might give a slight edge to Chefs. I agree that you should choose whichever works with your other plans. I assume the meal period you don’t select will be filled with a counter service option, which is typically a faster meal. So when does a 60-90 minute break work better for you? Lunch at the studios or dinner at Epcot? That’s a question only you can answer.

The Italian restaurants are not bad, but not special.
I prefer Chef de France over 50s Diner. But both are good.
I would really plan to go to which ever one is in the park you will be in and avoid the travel time.

Never been a fan of 50's and have always had good food and experience at Les Chefs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter