5 Night Cruise - What to Expect?

AshleeH

DIS Veteran
I've been researching our cruise next week - I have to go buy clothes later in the week and can't find any guidelines for it. Everything listed is the 3-4 night cruises or the 7+ nights. Will there be a Pirate night? Deck party? Formal night? I have no idea what to take with me for me and my kids!

I can't say for sure what will be on your cruise but when we have done 5 night cruises we have had a pirate night and a dress up optional night.

I can't say for sure what will be on your cruise but when we have done 5 night cruises we have had a pirate night and a dress up optional night.

Thank you! Those were the two things I really wanted to plan for (but didn't want to pack extra if they were guaranteed to not happen).

I would say yes to all. Did you look for Personal Navigators on Disneycruiselineblog?

I didn't even think of the blog, thank you! This is only our second cruise and my husband handled the booking (even though I'm generally the planner), so I'm still learning the ropes for DCL. And my only frame of reference is the Alaskan Cruise, which I know is a little different night time themes than the Bahamas cruises. :)

I've been researching our cruise next week - I have to go buy clothes later in the week and can't find any guidelines for it. Everything listed is the 3-4 night cruises or the 7+ nights. Will there be a Pirate night? Deck party? Formal night? I have no idea what to take with me for me and my kids!

Which ship and where is the cruise? If Alaska (the only one I have seen 5-nights in the summer) it will likely be Frozen or Pixar and not Pirates. They don't have Pirate Night in Alaska.

Regarding dress-up or formal, there is no requirement to dress up. If you're going to Palo there is a dress code.

If Alaska, layers are usually a good idea, but check the weather as it could be warmer than you think.

When we were in our 5 night Halloween on the High Seas cruise, we had an optional dress up night, Halloween night, & pirate night.

I have done multiple 5 day cruises and you end up with the 3 rotational menus, pirate menu and the Til we meet again menu. There is always an optional dress up night (lots of money in those pictures). Five nights are usually out of ports other than Port Canaveral, more information would be forthcoming if we knew the starting port and the type of cruise ex. Western Carribean out of Miami or NYC to San Juan.

I saw there any way to know beforehand what night will be the semi formal night? The reason I ask is I have seen navigators for 5 night trips out of Miami where the semi formal night is night three, not night two. (We want to do Palo on the semi formal night so that is why I ask)

You can call DCL and ask for the dress code for each day. They will be more than happy to give them to you. I do this every time we cruise:flower1:

Your cruise docs should say what each night is and I would.imagime that if your cruise is next week you should already have them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter