5 More Days!!!

TiggerInNY

Seize the Day
:hyper:

We have only 5 more days until we leave for WDW!! I don't know who's excited more...the kids or ME? I hope I have everything we need.

I have PHP passes, Disney $, Passporter, clothes are waiting on the table to be packed into suitcases, tenative itinerary, PS are done, directions to timeshare, airplane tickets, car rental reservation, little Playdoh for the plane, bought my two boys (7 & 3) new CD players, disposable ponchos(from Wal-Mart), glowstick necklaces, Wisk tablets for wash.

Is there something that I forgot? Of course I'm not listing EVERYTHING I have ready, but your comments are welcomed. Believe me. Ya know when you've been planning this trip for about a year, and you think it's going to take forever to get here, and then....BOOM...the countdown begins... Your head starts to spin and you think you're forgetting something. And believe me, all my friends are laughing at me cause I have a red 3-ring binder with all my information in it. And I mean EVERYTHING!!! All pertinent papers. But, I'M the one you want to travel with.

So, if there's anyone out there that can add something to my list, please feel free. I'm so excited I can't even type this. You can't believe how many times I had to go back and retype a word.

WWWAAAAHHHOOOOO!!!!

TTFN,
Maria

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Dear Maria,

We just returned last night from 5 days with our extended family of 10 and it was fabulous. I'm an obsessive planner as well--think it's half the fun of the trip--so good for you.

Here are some thoughts--

Water and food - if you can stop and buy some snacks for the parks and definitely water, I would. The bottled water was $2.75 in the parks and it was HOT.

Relax - This one's a hard one for me because i want everything to go well. I did find that it took me 24 hours to really get into the vacation because I was on planning overdrive. Also, it was slightly anticlimatic for me since I'd already been "living the trip" before I got there. Try not to obsess too much!

Photo ID - just in case you aren't a frequent traveler, just a reminder. You and your dh will need a photo id at a couple of checkpoints at the airport (if you're flying). Keep them at the ready and then PUT IT BACK IN A SAFE PLACE. I never used my wallet once at WDW and panicked a bit when we got back to the airport that I might not have it. And then we saw some poor people rummaging ALL through their luggage at MCO--figure they must have misplaced id or tickets. Felt so sorry for them.

Have a fantastic time--you know you will. And as my DS9 said to me last night as I tucked him into his own bed and said "Did you have a good day?"--"Mom, how can you have a bad day at Disney World?":D

You're ready & set to go! Don't worry - you've got it all under control. Like you, when we went two weeks ago, I had everything organized, I thought of everything down to band-aids and bug spray, and also sunscreen sticks to use on cheeks and noses while at the parks.

I dropped the ball AFTER we got to Orlando. Our third day there, we headed out to Universal Studios for the day. We were actually at the park, but still in the parking decks when it hit me - I left our park tickets in the hotel (Courtyard by Marriott, Downtown Disney). They were in a very organized, easy to find place, just not the place they needed to be at the moment. :rolleyes:

Have a most magical trip!!:earsgirl:

Don't forget you camera, batteries, & film or memory (depending on what kind of camera). Take lots of pictures. And when you get there don't forget to watch your kids reactions to everything. It is the best part IMO. Have great trip! We go in 52 days!:Pinkbounc

just wanted to say ...we're on our way.....less than 12 hours to go!!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :
(our family doing the happy dance!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter