!5 Month AP Renewal for 12 Month Purchase

Disney_Freak56

DIS Veteran
I have talked to two different Cast Members this morning regarding an AP renewal -- one was a "regular" CM and the other was a DVC Member Services CM. Both told me that the 15-month renewal special for the price of a 12-month renewal was only for Florida residents. I had to tell both of them that was incorrect and both were kind enough to look into this and found that they were both wrong and I was right. They each came back on line after placing me on hold and told me that I was correct. :cool1:

So if a CM tells you that you are not entitled to this, please kindly let them know that they are uninformed and please check and they will find that you are right. :)

It does pay to be persistent! Good job.:goodvibes

Now I only wish Disneyland would make the same offer.Best they ever do is like $10 off a renewal with no break in dates. That doesn't work for me. ;)

Of course with so many APH filling both parks I guess they don't think they need to make any special deals.

When you call Walt Disney World, unless you really know a direct number, you will get one of two offices.

The Disney Reservations Center (DRC) includes Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC), Central Reservations Office (CRO), Disney Dining, and some other lesser known information lines. To the best of my knowledge the DRC locations are in the International Drive area, Tampa, Houston, Salt Lake City and somewhere in North Carolina. There may be more. Some of the people working at the DRC call centers may never have been to either WDW or DL (or both).

The Main Switchboard (407-824-2222) is also where all calls to Disney Resorts go if you are dialing the phone number on the back of your reservations form. Also that is where calls go if you dial the Operator from your room, and possibly even calls to the Front Desk. The Main Switchboard people will, if asked, also identify themselves as Guest Services. They can put you through to any number on WDW.

At both DRC and MS they have access to a computer which has lots of Guest Information and it is very well organized. Actually, all CMs who have access to a terminal, or who even can access "The Hub" from off-site, have access to this Guest Services information. I will often open an extra window when I am responding to people and go into The Hub for the latest official information.

The people at DRC and MS do not deal with upgrades, partially used tickets, or problems related to tickets. They do not know all the rules. The people at DRC can sell unused tickets; the people at MS don't deal with tickets at all.

The people who work in the ticket booths at the Parks or in Guest Relations at the Parks (and this includes TTC, the Water Parks, and GRO in DTD) deal with ticket upgrades and unusual problems on a daily basis. I would not say that someone you talked to on the phone lied to you, but just they were attempting to answer a question when they really did not have an answer.

I don't believe I used the word "lie" -- I'm pretty sure I said Misinformed or something to that effect. I never felt I was being lied to, just knew what I was asking for to be correct and wanted to get what I was asking for. :thumbsup2

It would be great if I lived close enough to handle the purchase of an AP or renewal at a ticket booth on the WDW property, but I'm not. So I have to do the next best thing -- use the phone. ;)

I did try to renew my AP on-line, but for some bizarre reason, I was told my AP did not have a valid #. It sure seemed valid when I came through the turnstyles several times this past year. :cool1:

Anyhow, the point of my original post was to let others know that they could still renew before the end of August and get 15 months for the price of 12. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter