5 day park hopper w/fastpass+ strategy ? Haven't been since 2012

TnTWalter

DIS Veteran
I see that touringplans do not show plans with hopping...

we have 5 day hoppers...we only hopped our very first visit many moons ago....

We are going when crowds are about 8/10. Last time we went it was like that but used old fast pass system and worked great..did not hop just enjoyed 1 park per day....

Any links to touring plans? or forum threads? I did a search but didn't find much...

It's overwhelming. I feel like a newbie again. thanks for any help.

my kids are teens fyi. we all love disney and are so excited to go back.

Trish

this was moved...but it's a question about hopping and fastpass+ not just fastpass+. sorry if it was in wrong place.

we dont usually hop, but my strategy is to actually make FP+ reservations for later in the day (sometimes easier to find) and hit rope drop and go stand-by for most rides when wait times are short, and then use the FP+ later after lunch. We get hoppers only so that we can make ADRs anywhere and we typically will hop over to Epcot for fireworks sometimes. I don't think there are hopping plans on TP.com. good luck!!

There are park hopping strategies for FP booking in the FP FAQ Addendum at the top of this page.

If you know which rides are your priorities, you'll have a better idea if you need FPs. It also depends on which park you'll be attending in the morning versus the afternoon.

thanks for the help. yes TP does not offer PH plans. I haven't hopped since my very first trip long ago... I like the idea of FP for afternoon and rope drop in morning...maybe we can FP for a different park for afternoon and go to rope drop at another park.

We do it a bit differently. Back when you couldn't get additional fast pass + after your 3 for the day, we made them for later in the day. Now - we do them midmorning for the high demand rides and use the additional ones that we get after those are used up for the midlevel line rides.

For example... I am going in March with one of my children . We also used this strategy on our December trip last month. Our first full day there - we will be at MK before rope drop to eat at BOG. So from 8:45 or so, we will be riding things. At 10 - fast pass for Mine Train. Hop on that then back to riding things without fast passes. Our next passes are for Peter Pan at 11 and Buzz at Noon. We ride without fast passes till near then end of Peter Pan's window, then hop on that. Walk over to Buzz - ride him with the fast pass. Make the next pair of fast passes - which may still be in MK or may be in another park. Then eat lunch. Then - onto whatever fast passes we could get. We continue on doing that - ride what isn't bad without a fast pass, shop, eat, or rest - until the next fast pass that we get comes due.

Edited to add - on our December trip we were able to ride Mine Train 4 times, Peter Pan three times, Ariel twice, Pooh once, Small World once, Buzz twice, Tomorrowland Race cars once, Dumbo once, Barnstormer once, see all 4 characters back in the circus part and ride the people mover before lunch. During the December crowds.

For after lunch we scored fast passes for everything we wanted to do at Hollywood Studios (Toy Story, Tower of Terror, Mermaid Show, Beauty and Beast Show and Star Tours). This strategy has worked well for us on our last few trips.

Ack - I keep editing this. The best way to score fast passes for later in the day when you are in the parks is to look for one person at a time and to get times that overlap - even if not entirely. So this past trip, all three of us would be on our phones looking for Toy story. We got 3 singles that all shared at least a few minutes that overlapped.

Last edited:
We do it a bit differently. Back when you couldn't get additional fast pass + after your 3 for the day, we made them for later in the day. Now - we do them midmorning for the high demand rides and use the additional ones that we get after those are used up for the midlevel line rides.

For example... I am going in March with one of my children . We also used this strategy on our December trip last month. Our first full day there - we will be at MK before rope drop to eat at BOG. So from 8:45 or so, we will be riding things. At 10 - fast pass for Mine Train. Hop on that then back to riding things without fast passes. Our next passes are for Peter Pan at 11 and Buzz at Noon. We ride without fast passes till near then end of Peter Pan's window, then hop on that. Walk over to Buzz - ride him with the fast pass. Make the next pair of fast passes - which may still be in MK or may be in another park. Then eat lunch. Then - onto whatever fast passes we could get. We continue on doing that - ride what isn't bad without a fast pass, shop, eat, or rest - until the next fast pass that we get comes due.

Edited to add - on our December trip we were able to ride Mine Train 4 times, Peter Pan three times, Ariel twice, Pooh once, Small World once, Buzz twice, Tomorrowland Race cars once, Dumbo once, Barnstormer once, see all 4 characters back in the circus part and ride the people mover before lunch. During the December crowds.

For after lunch we scored fast passes for everything we wanted to do at Hollywood Studios (Toy Story, Tower of Terror, Mermaid Show, Beauty and Beast Show and Star Tours). This strategy has worked well for us on our last few trips.

Ack - I keep editing this. The best way to score fast passes for later in the day when you are in the parks is to look for one person at a time and to get times that overlap - even if not entirely. So this past trip, all three of us would be on our phones looking for Toy story. We got 3 singles that all shared at least a few minutes that overlapped.

This is very helpful!! Thank you! We are a family of 4 - heading to WDW in July. The new FP has me completely flustered. We visited DL last summer, but we haven't been to WDW in years and I too feel as if I am learning all over again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter