5 adults in Disney's Beach Club Villas 1 Bedroom

icydog

DIS Veteran
Hi Experts,

Will Disney allow 5 people (age 14, 15, 17 and two adults) in a BCV one bedroom? If so, can the fifth person use Magical Express and get the Disney Dining Plan?

Thank you,
Marylyn

Yes. It's important to remember that they will not provide a BED for your 5th guest. That's on you.

As a fully registered guest, they are eligible for all on-site privileges. Except the bed.

5 in a BCV 1 BR, no way I would do that. I would go for AK -K or BLT to get a 2nd bathroom, or any 2 BR.
The 2 studios would require an adult, over 18 in each unit. You might look at OKW a 2BR unit there is only 20points more for 7 nights in low season. 1400 Sq Ft vs. 795 at BCV

Yes. All 5 will be registered and be eligible for ME, EMH & receive MBs, etc. Just know that there is a King bed in the master, a queen sleep sofa in the living room and 1 2-room bathroom. (toilet, shower & sink in one room with tub and sink in the).

Someone will have to sleep on the floor using linens & pillow air mattress r that you provide. The DVC resorts do not provide cots or extra bedding. You will get 4 bath towels, 2 mats, 2 hand towels and 4 face cloths. Extra set is $6.

AKV-Kidani & BLT 1 bedrooms have actual sleep space for 5 (have twin sleep chair in addition to the king and queen sleep sofa mentioned above) and they have two full bathrooms.

OKW 1 bedroom has sleep space for 5, but only one 2-room bathroom.

VGF 1 bedroom has one bathroom and a pull down Murphy twin bed that can accommodate a 5th person.

I agree with everyone. It's for someone who wants to rent my points. Ironically she wants the one bedroom for 5 and her sister a studio for 4 people. I told her to rent a two bedroom to give her sleeping for 9. Or rent a Disney's Old Key West one bedroom and studio. She is adamant about not sharing space with her sister.

Just be careful, if it's your points, you will be responsible for any problems, damage... The big risk of renting points that many ignore.

I thought of that. They're trying to cram too many people into a one bedroom and a studio. Unless they change their room choices I will probably back out of this rental.

I thought of that. They're trying to cram too many people into a one bedroom and a studio. Unless they change their room choices I will probably back out of this rental.
It sounds too risky but if you proceed be very clear with documentation and get a solid down payment with a good lead time on the final payment.

She is adamant about not sharing space with her sister.
This would be a huge red flag for me and I would just walk away from the deal. By saying that she has indicated she and her sister do not get along well, yet are taking this big trip together. You are taking the stress of a trip to Disney and judging by their room decisions is on a razor thin budget so double the typical stress. Then you are cramming as many people as possible in to as small of rooms as possible to make sure every personal annoyance is amplified. This is a powder keg just asking to explode and I would not want to take any part of it.

I couldn't imagine trying to share 1 bathroom with 3 teenagers with everyone trying to get ready in the morning.

We have done this several times. It really isn't all that bad. The key is that you can't all want to take a shower in the morning. Some take theirs at night. However, we do prefer AKL for the 2 baths.

If they are going to the parks all day and just using the rooms to sleep, then no problem. If they are staying around the resort a lot, the extra bedroom really helps with attitudes.

BCV is a good resort for the age of the kids who are going. Lots to do and none of it near the rooms so I doubt they will even be there together often to be too annoying. If it is a family I am sure they have stayed in a Hotel room with the 5 and that is much smaller than the 1 bedroom. Just let them know that they can have 5 but there is not a bed to accommodate the 5th person , as stated here by others they will need an air bed or pile up the blankets. However, you need to feel comfortable with your decision to rent your points. Good luck.

This would be a huge red flag for me and I would just walk away from the deal. By saying that she has indicated she and her sister do not get along well, yet are taking this big trip together. You are taking the stress of a trip to Disney and judging by their room decisions is on a razor thin budget so double the typical stress. Then you are cramming as many people as possible in to as small of rooms as possible to make sure every personal annoyance is amplified. This is a powder keg just asking to explode and I would not want to take any part of it.

I'm going to have to disagree with this. I love my sister to death but that doesn't mean I want to share a room with her on vacation if another option is available. There could be many reasons she doesn't want to share a room with her sister. You're making huge assumptions it's because they don't get along. Maybe that's true & maybe it isn't but if a potential renter said I want a separate space from the rest of my family that would not necessarily be a huge red flag to me. Now cramming too many people (although technically allowed) might be.

OP I say go with your gut. If this doesn't feel right to you walk away. You'll find another renter.

Not everyone has issues with sharing a bathroom with the whole family and needing to get to school/work. There are still plenty of families with 3,4,5, kids and they only have one bathroom in their house. This could be their big trip and can't afford anything bigger. We don't know. Look how many families love sharing an rv or tent. Personally, my dh and I will get a one bd for just the two of us, but this family could be fine with it.

Not a DVC owner, but is it possible to book a 2BR lockoff? Then they could lock off if needed to, and share space (and bathrooms) if necessary?

We just got back from staying in a BCV studio with 5 (2 adults and 3 teenagers). The studios actually have beds for 5 now with the murphy bed - so from a strictly sleeping arrangement that might be better. It was VERY tight quarters and we were just there 4 nights, but we managed. We weren't in the room much so it helped it be livable.

When I've rented, we paid 100% once the reservation was confirmed...twice now...I would get all the money well in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter