4 Days of ADR's The Good and Not So Good!

Thekidsmom

twomickeymaniacsmom
The cast was Myself, DH, DDS (9) and DDS (4)
March 17th- Lunch- Sci-Fi
Great food, and Great Fun! The choco shakes were out of this world and the burgers were cooked to perfection!

Dinner-Concourse Steakhouse
I had the Filet and it was perfectly cooked not burnt but no pink and for some restaurants that is hard to do, but they did it wonderfully DH had the sirloin and he loved it, DH9 had the kids steak and fined every bite (which is a feat in it self, so you know it had to be good) DH4 had onion rings, frenchfries and pizza. He ate a little of everything! Hurray!

March 18th (DH9 B-Day)
Breakfast - Christal Palace
The food was typical Disney breakfast, the characters was great but the restaurant was too crowed, you couldn't move without bumping into someone. They did bring cupcakes for DH9's B-day with a card signed by all the characters, which was a big hit with the kids.

Lunch-The Plaza
I had a grilled cheese and fries, and I have to say it was really good. They do three pieces of bread so the cheese is not so gooy. DH had the cheesesteak and fries. He said it was pretty good too. DH9 had fries and DH4 had mini burgers. Both ate the fries. They brought out a small cake for DH9 B-day, it cut into 4 peices. It was ok, not too the kids liking. It was more of a sponge cake. But it was great fun and make DH9 feel special.

Dinner-Tony's
Well, it started out bad. DS4 was asleep in the stroller and I informed the lady at the podium of this she said it was not a problem. When our name was called the waitress saw the stroller and said that is not going to fit at the table, and wanted us to take him out. Well, as anyone should know if you wake up a sleeping 4 year old you are infor a heep of problems. She told us we would have to wait. After another 15 minutes someone else called our name and low and behold the same thing (that won't fit at the table) but she said to me why didn't you let them know at the podium know about this. That is were I got mad. I tried to be polite because this was DS9's b-day dinner. But I told here I did let them know and she said well maybe it will fit. When we got to the table it fit and then she brought DS9 some glitter for the table. We ordered and our dinner was brought litterally two minutes later. Great huh, not, it was cold. OK don't complain here trying to make this special for DS9. When I arrived at the podium I reminded them about the B-day cake that I ordered two months ago. So as we ordered I reminded the watress and when we were finished with dinner I asked her to bring the cake. Well after 20 minutes and us sitting there like we were waiting for a bus looking at eachother, I asked her again about the cake, she said they had to prepare it. OK, shouldn't this have been done? After another 15 minutes I said to her, OK do they not have the cake? She said it was coming right out. Well two minutes later she walked out with a chocolate Mickey head cake and put it in front of DS9. No candles, no song she had the people in the restaurant blow him a kiss, while DS9 is looking at me like I was nuts! DH9 hates chocolate! I told him I was sorry and would get him another cake later (it was already 8pm). The waitress could tell by the look on our faces that we were not happy. I told her this was not the cake I orderd and she said it was. OK, I know what I ordered and that was not a white cake with primary colors and a mickey face! She left and the manager came over and said I am sorry that you had to wait so long, I said so was I and I am sorry we waited for a cake I didn't order. He said what do you mean that is the only cake they had. I said sorry but this is someone elses cake our was suppose to be WHITE, he apologized and gave DH two fast passes to use THAT DAY and it was 8 o'clock! He said he wouldn't charge me for the cake! Thanks, I didn't order it!

March 19th
Breakfast-Chef Mickey's
Always great! The food was great and the character make sure they see everyone!

Lunch- McDonalds at epcot- I know, but the kids ate!

Dinner- Whispering Canyon
The food and fun was great! Pony rides, people yelling all around us, so my kids fit right in! Our waiter was non-existent! Not only for us but the other table he had. We all had to keep calling other poeple over to our tables.

March- 20th (departure day)
Breakfast-Ohana's
The food was great! As usuall but the characters not so much. The kids were really looking foward to seeing stitch, but everytime he got to the table on either side of us he would turn around and go the other way. After we were almost through with breakfast I told the waitress, she said she would tell the coordinator and he would come over. Ok breakfast is done and we wait another 15 minutes (not easy with a four year old) so I tell the waittress and she once again says she will tell the coordinator. Well we have been there 1hour and 45 minutes now and still no stitch! I tell the waitress we are leaving she said just a minute, when she comes back she say we can walk over to the other side of the restaurant to see him if we want, we decline.

Well that is my dinning reviews, I know they are not too good this time. We have been to DW 6 times in the last 12 months and this was by far the worst dining service we have ever had.

Everything I planned this trip fell a little short. I orderd a baloon arrangement for my DS9 to be put in our room on his b-day and it wasn't delivered untill 7:59pm! (time printed on the card) and the latex baloons had already started to deflate! They did send a plush mickey the next day to make up for it but it seems that some of the people need to take a little more pride in their jobs to keep the magic alive.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Many of them seem to have stemmed from special requests you made in advance. If I may give you some advice: always make sure you get an order/tracking number. Very few ppl at Disney, if any at all, will tell you they can give you a number to track your requests and that all your conversations with them are logged and attached to this number along with the request. If you get an employee who says they dont have such a number, ask to speak to someone else or even better a supervisor. They are incorrect and/or misleading you.

Nothing makes a staff members jaw drop faster then when they have been doubletalking you and making false claims about your request, than when you provide them with this number, and tell them to call guest services and/or check their records and see how badly they screwed up. In their defense, this probem is usualy not the direct fault of the staff members but rather a side effect of Disney becoming very understaffed and hectic at the majority of their eateries. My personal theory is that most requests are never sent in advance to the establishment, or simply the supervisors don't check for special requests until that day, counting on the over-worked and hectic staff to handle it right then and there, but calling several times and presenting your number makes them want to avoid a documented screw up, and more appropriate steps are taken. Again this problem is largely due to Disney restaurants becoming very understaffed in recent years, andthey simply dont have the means or manpower to handle all the numerous requests they get at even a single eatery far in advance anymore.

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear about some of your disappoints. Especially at b day time you think disney would definetely have lots of magic to share. Just curious if your server at whispering canyon was into the antics when he was even there for you? We had a problem with that once and I am hesitant to book it again.

Thanks for your reviews. Sorry about your problems. I was there for my b'day last year (I turned 40). My mom wanted something sent to our room at Wl and had numerous problems and different answers from everyone she talked with. I had a great time anyways.

I am thinking of eating at the Plaze before MVMCP. Did your kids like the mini burgers? I have a picky 9 yr old and thought he might like eating there. Did you try the milkshakes?

I'm sorry that your son's birthday trip wasn't all you had expected. Especially with the poor response you got in connection with items you had specifically ordered and paid for. It's one thing when we don't get the "magic" for free on birthdays, but it's unacceptable when we order and pay in advance for certain items and they still don't get them right and try to tell you that they are.

We were in the world in February for our son's 9th birthday too. The weather was unpleansant (problem #1) and we were on the dining plan but my son was not thrilled with the choices available to him (loved the steak at LeCellier but didn't like the m&c at Kona). We had a birthday dinner planned at Coral Reef, had arranged for the diver months in advance. Because we needed a table near the tank, we waited and waited. Kids were starving (and my 9 yo melts down when he's hungry) so by the time we got to the table, the magic was gone. DH got sick and couldn't eat, ds9 didn't want the lobster bisque he loves, started to cry after seeing the diver and the personalized menu (I think he felt guilty for being upset about waiting), I ended up swapping entrees with him (sorry but the kids grilled chicken breast is inedible) so it was a not great birthday celebration. But if you ask him, he'll tell you he had a great birthday because they don't remember the bad stuff.

= We had a birthday dinner planned at Coral Reef, had arranged for the diver months in advance. Because we needed a table near the tank, ....

How did you arrange a diver? I called to book a reservation and the agent told me she had never heard of that and couldn't help me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter