4/1/22 Price Increase?

fumanchu2488

Mouseketeer
Do we know what (if any) price increase is coming on April 1? I am looking at a small add-on of 50 points and still undecided between RIV and VGF. By next month I will have all the cash for a one time purchase (rather than doing the down payment and second or third installment with cash) and I will have made my decision on resort.

I am strongly leaning towards just adding on to my RIV contract since I get 2021 points there and 50 points won't go far at VGF by itself for 11 month booking windows.

Nothing official. Prevailing opinions/rumors/guide comments say no price change, just a reduction in incentives. Shouldn't matter for a 50 point add-on since they've not been offering incentives for all that amount. Fingers crossed for you!

Nothing official. Prevailing opinions/rumors/guide comments say no price change, just a reduction in incentives. Shouldn't matter for a 50 point add-on since they've not been offering incentives for all that amount. Fingers crossed for you!

I wonder if there is a price increase coming for CCV? They haven’t touched that one in a year.

The raised the base price of RIV to $207 in February, It would be u heard of for a price increase this soon.

I think we are safe for it to be $207 for both for at least a little while longer, if not until the fall.

And I haven't paid attention long enough... does the next batch of incentives usually come out the very next day, or is there usually a gap where technically nothing is offered?

It depends. If they add an Act fast incentive, that would end and only the other parts remained.

But, normally, new ones come out the next day.

Do incentives typically go down... or might they do another round of fire sales at Aulani? Just curious... I know none of us really knows anything for sure.

The incentives almost never get better and the types of sales they have done, like the Aulani one, are unique.

Now that they have added VGF to being in active sales, I don't think we will see anything like that for a bit

The incentives almost never get better and the types of sales they have done, like the Aulani one, are unique.
I don't think that's fair. Obviously base price only goes up but incentives go up and down without much predicability as far as I can tell.

What is this chart showing? Incentive pricing? Which incentives does it include? Referral for new members? Just curious what goes into this. Thinking of adding some and curious on price.
200pts cost after universal incentives over last 18 months. I haven't included referrals or military/ cast member discounts

I don't think that's fair. Obviously base price only goes up but incentives go up and down without much predicability as far as I can tell.

I have watched them over the years and most often, both price went up and incentives stayed neutral or went down for new resorts because incentives for sold out resorts was unheard of prior to the pandemic

So, it’s been pretty consistent..not saying it’s never happened…that incentives do not get better with time….with the one exception right after sales resumed after closure. Some of the incentives were a bit higher than they has been at the higher levels but I think they were still lower than the initial ones released.

But, I got $19 off my RIV purchase of 175 points in October 2019 and not sure it’s even been better than that.

Last edited:
I have watched them over the years and most often, both price went up and incentives stayed neutral or went down for new resorts because incentives for sold out resorts was unheard of prior to the pandemic

So, it’s been pretty consistent..not saying it’s never happened…that incentives do not get better with time….with the one exception right after sales resumed after closure. Some of the incentives were a bit higher than they has been at the higher levels but I think they were still lower than the initial ones released.

But, I got $19 off my RIV purchase of 175 points in October 2019 and not sure it’s even been better than that.
It hasn't been long enough to establish a true pattern yet, but my reading of their new strategy with sold out resorts seems to be super aggressive with ROFR, and then offer sold-out resort incentives to clear those points back out of inventory once they're holding enough of them. I think that's why we've seen head-scratchers like random incentives at Boardwalk and Bay Lake Tower.

Remember this? This was crazy town, and from my perspective is their most effective strategy at dealing with resale.

1648643225279.png

Disney, if you're reading this, drop a $41 discount at OKW tomorrow and I'll gladly plunk down $48,000.

It hasn't been long enough to establish a true pattern yet, but my reading of their new strategy with sold out resorts seems to be super aggressive with ROFR, and then offer sold-out resort incentives to clear those points back out of inventory once they're holding enough of them. I think that's why we've seen head-scratchers like random incentives at Boardwalk and Bay Lake Tower.

Remember this? This was crazy town, and from my perspective is their most effective strategy at dealing with resale.

View attachment 658623

Disney, if you're reading this, drop a $41 discount at OKW tomorrow and I'll gladly plunk down $48,000.

I think there is plenty of data to support the strategy for nee resorts and not getting a better price as time goes on.

However, if you were referring more to the new strategy of sold out resorts and adding that as the new normal, then yes, I agree we may see those continue.

But, I don’t think we will see those large ones like we have seen with BLT, BWV, and AUL for a while now that they have added VGF points for sale.

Small discounts, maybe.

But, I don’t think we will see those large ones like we have seen with BLT, BWV, and AUL for a while now that they have added VGF points for sale.
Why not? They've always shown a preference for being able to carry at least two resorts at different price points. I think it's a huge selling point to be able to show prospective buyers a $170 contract if they balk at the $190 contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter