3rd week Oct?

notrub98

DIS Veteran
I am typically the week before Thanksgiving or week after Thanksgiving kind of visitor because I like the lower crowds. I have also done late Jan/early Feb a few times (including this year) and early May once. But the weeks surrounding Thanksgiving are most typical for us. I have not been in October (except for the nightmare of a Columbus Day weekend trip two years ago) in many years and I know the crowds have increased considerably with Fall breaks and FW. We will not be hitting any parks on Saturday regardless of timing. What should I anticipate for crowds compared to my normal weeks for the third week of October? Are Fall breaks over by then since Columbus Day has passed? I can't go the last week of October because kids don't want to miss Halloween at home.

There is usually a poll here somewhere on when fall breaks are for people's respective areas, but I don't think I've seen it yet. In the South, most seem to fall in the first two weeks of the month. As you said, October really isn't a slow month any longer, but in our experience, once you get on the other side of Columbus Day week, the crowds start to mellow out a bit. Anecdotal, of course, but I would say the 3rd week would be much better than the first two. In fact, we are taking a short trip that very week this year.

We've been the third week of October and didn't find it bad. We've also been the week before Thanksgiving, as well as late September. If you avoid PM EMH, Epcot on weekends, and MK on days they do not have a Halloween party, I doubt you'll find a noticeable difference in crowd level.

It's not Spring Break or Summer crowded, but I would not say it is low crowd. Rope Drop is your best friend. MK is insufferable by noon every day, regardless of the day.

Our Fall Break is always the first two weeks of the month - we go to Disney then and it is always packed. As a result, I would love if it was the third week of October! I think that's a great time to go - you're avoiding most of the Fall Breaks, but you're also not there over Halloween, when it gets crowded for any holiday.

I was there last year around that time, I think October 23-30. Crowds were not bad during the week, larger on weekends. Saturday at MK the day I left was the most crowded I've ever seen. Food & Wine was in full force. Weather was in the 80's, very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter