3rd Annual We are "NEVER" going to Disney in the summer again"

I was behind a couple of updates. What can I say? Life gets in the way of Dising sometimes!

I didn't know about the Disboards back when I planned our first onsite stay either. Now, I can't live without the Dis.

SUBSCRIBING!!! :banana: I'm absolutely loving the detailed background about your family! I think it's so funny that we were both there for Faye and then almost crossed paths on this last trip! :goodvibes

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my Shutterfly album from this trip.... I find that I can do those MUCH quicker than if I scrapbook them myself and I love instant gratification when it comes to looking at our trip pictures!

I'll be tuning in to see the rest of your report! :)

Welcome kldmom2000! So glad to see you here!

When I left off, we had just met Teena. We arrived at the Beach Club around 11 am, and our room was ready!!! We went upstairs, checked in and were shown to our room.

Room 5631 was incredible!!! It was 4-5 doors away from the Concierge Lounge, and therefore also near the elevator (but not too close). My only request was for a full balcony. About half of the rooms at BC have full balconies or patios. The rest are standing or Juliet balconies, not really enough for even a chair. Since I usually wake up between 4:30 and 5 everyday, I love to have a place to go with a cup of coffee, a book and my camera while I wait for everyone else to get up.

We did indeed get a full balcony and the views were amazing!!! To the left, we had a glimpse of the lake/Boardwalk/Swan and Dolphin Hotels. Looking forward, we could see part of the pool complex. Looking down we could watch the comings and goings to the back entrance of the BC and the beautifully landscaped courtyard.

P7150404-1.jpg

P7170554.jpg

P7150403.jpg

P7130445.jpg

I spent the next 24 hours alternating between two songs...

"I think I'm gonna like it here" from Annie and “Movin' on up” from the Jeffersons (this was quite a change from last year's room)

We spend most of our days at the parks, so we mostly enjoyed the balcony in the morning or in the evening, people-watching with a glass of Amaretto. One night, after we had retired to our room after dinner at Le Cellier, there was a wicked thunderstorm with lots of rain and lightning. We were able to watch Nature’s fireworks from our balcony.

Next up- a few photos from Stormalong Bay

What a great view! I love full balconies - it always makes the day start out calm sitting out and enjoying coffee and just watching the sun rise!

That scrapbook was a wonderful gift. And your view was amazing. My BFF stayed one night at BC and had the full balcony, after seeing it she wished had more than one night there.

Great pics!

What a great view! I love full balconies - it always makes the day start out calm sitting out and enjoying coffee and just watching the sun rise!

This was such a great view! Never boring. In the early morning hours, landscapers were out beautifying the courtyard. During the evenings we were around, we would watch families come and go and I loved seeing the view of the lake and pool at night, all light up (no great photos, though)

We got an interesting view from our balcony this year too, but that info will have to wait!!!

That scrapbook was a wonderful gift. And your view was amazing. My BFF stayed one night at BC and had the full balcony, after seeing it she wished had more than one night there.

Great pics!

I was so happy when I thought of making the photo album. Teena is an absolute gem. I have contacted a lot of people over the past year to let them know about the album, and I have heard from a small proportion- maybe about 20 or 25 families- but I definitely don't blame people for being hesitant to provide photos and/or information to a stranger.

@ OhioDisneyLover

Welcome!!! Looks like you have stayed at the Dolphin a few times. How is it? I remember visiting EPCOT after the Swan and Dolphin were built and thinking how awesome it would be to stay at a resort so close to our favorite park. That is one of the big draws of the Beach Club for us.

Really enjoying this trip report. I will be headed to the BC in 48 days.

First time to the BC? The Beach Club is awesome! The location, the pool, the great CMs. I've "seen" you over at the BC board. So much wonderful info there and lots of warmth and fuzziness (is that a word???)

There are about 9 or 10 DISers at the Beach/Yacht Club who are meeting RIGHT NOW in the Solarium. Teena will be joining them at 6 after work. I think I will head over to the BC board now. A few "regulars" were going to post-in.

I look forward to sharing more about last year's trip and this year's trip to the BC with you.

I will try to work on my Stormalong Bay update in the morning.

First time to the BC? The Beach Club is awesome! The location, the pool, the great CMs. I've "seen" you over at the BC board. So much wonderful info there and lots of warmth and fuzziness (is that a word???)

There are about 9 or 10 DISers at the Beach/Yacht Club who are meeting RIGHT NOW in the Solarium. Teena will be joining them at 6 after work. I think I will head over to the BC board now. A few "regulars" were going to post-in.

I look forward to sharing more about last year's trip and this year's trip to the BC with you.

I will try to work on my Stormalong Bay update in the morning.

This will be my family's second trip to the BC. We went 4 yrs ago and decided we'd never stay anywhere else when we go to disney. Hoping to be able to pay for an upgrade to CL when we get there for this trip since it sounds wonderful. I noticed you are close to boston. I live 20 mins north of boston. I look forward to reading more about your trip.
Jill

No discussion of the Beach Club would be complete without mentioning Stormalong Bay, the 2-acre pool complex. We didn’t even know about SAB when we booked the Beach Club. It was all about location for us. But then as we read more and more about this amazing feature – “Wholey Moley!” Maybe those weren’t the exact words…

P7120288.jpg

P7120317.jpg

A lot of the pool is sand-bottomed and there is a shallow area where young kids can dig, like they are at the beach.

P7120291.jpg

There is a sinking sands area, which is kind of like quick-sand. Your foot sinks into the sand when you put it down. Kind of a weird sensation, but fun.

P7120306.jpg

Then there is the lazy river that takes you under bridges and by the windmill. There are tubes you can rent for $3 per hour or $10 for the day, or you can bring pool noodles from home or buy them there, but we just floated.

P7120289.jpg

P7120294.jpg

Then there is the whirlpool area! We didn’t even know that existed until this year!!! Sorry, no pics of this since we didn't find it in 2009!

Lots of music and activities at the pool all day long. Bingo, scavenger hunt, changing of the guards.

And the Jib Slide!!! You climb up into a pirate ship and go through a twisty tube into the main pool.

P7160304.jpg

P7120298.jpg

P7120303.jpg

P7130727.jpg

I’m actually embarrassed to say we didn’t use the pool very much in either 2009 or this year. Our Disney style is to spend A LOT of time at the parks. Short breaks back in our room before dinner, but the boys are usually content hanging out in the room rather than heading out for a swim.

On our first night last year, Saturday, after our dinner at Cape May Café, Mark and Nate walked over to Mexico for a churro and Ben and I changed into swimsuits for the pool. Unfortunately, there was lightning in the area, so the pool was closed down and we didn’t get a chance to go in.

Monday, we went to EPCOT early opening (8 AM) and stayed until around 1.

We returned to the Beach Club for a swim. Nate and I tried out the slide a couple of times. It was fun. We swam, stuck our feet in the sinking sands, floated in the lazy river. The only negative thing was the pool temperature. It was a little on the warm side for us. Not as refreshing as we wanted it to be. We’re from New England, where an ocean temp of 68 degrees is downright enjoyable.

So Mark, Nate and Ben decided to head back to the room and took everything with them except for my towel and camera. I was still enjoying the pool, so I stayed a little longer. Then, when I entered the lobby to return to my room, I encountered a problem! This was our first time staying at Club Level, and we had all forgotten that I needed a key to get up to the 5th floor. OOPS!!! Fortunately, Teena saw me shivering in the air conditioned lobby and when I told her my dilemma, she was able to get me where I needed to go. Thanks for the rescue, Teena!!!

I returned to the pool solo, for a swim on Wednesday. This was in-between our HS morning and dinner at Le Cellier. Then on Thursday night I headed to the pool and other areas of the Beach Club, just to take some last minute photos.

P7140396.jpg

P7170706.jpg

Wow, that is a great pool area! We are usually the same way, very little pool time, all about the parks. Except for our last trip.

Now I really want to recommend Beach Club to DH for our belated Anniversary trip.

Wow, that is a great pool area! We are usually the same way, very little pool time, all about the parks. Except for our last trip.

Now I really want to recommend Beach Club to DH for our belated Anniversary trip.

Oh, I hope you choose the Beach Club! It is such a great resort! Amazing location, you are literally less than a 10 minute walk to EPCOT and a 20 minute boat ride (or walk) from HS. The CMs are wonderful. The pool has got to be the best I have seen anywhere, which is why it is so sad that we didn't use it often. Great dining too! We love the Cape May for breakfast and the clambake at night is awesome. We ate at the Captain's Grille for the first time too and really enjoyed that. It was not really crowded and was perfect for our arrival dinner.

But I'm getting ahead of myself!

Let me know if you have any questions or if you want to see any specific pictures. There will definitely be more photos for you to see when I actually get to my report of our 2010 trip!

I think my in-laws will be staying at the Yacht Club for a few days this winter. Can't wait to help them plan that!

I am subscribing! I have enjoyed your TR and I am looking forward to reading more. I especially enjoy TRs written by fellow New Englanders. I almost laughed out loud when I read your comment "ocean temps of 68 degrees are downright enjoyable". So true! :) My family has visited ME beaches twice this summer; the water temp was not even at 60 degrees during our visits. Lots of people on the sand, but no one was in the water!

My family has also stayed at the Beach Club twice (2009 and 2010). I absolutely love the resort. We have stayed in a 3rd floor room facing the quiet pool, as well as, a first floor room on the quiet pool side almost adjacent to the EPCOT entrance. While I loved being so close to the EPCOT entrance, we were all dreading walking the long distance in the hallways to and from the lobby, bus, etc by the end of the trip. I think I would like your room location much better.

I am thinking about renting DVC points so that I may try the BC villas for a future trip, but I need to research more about that.

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!!

I am subscribing! I have enjoyed your TR and I am looking forward to reading more. I especially enjoy TRs written by fellow New Englanders. I almost laughed out loud when I read your comment "ocean temps of 68 degrees are downright enjoyable". So true! :) My family has visited ME beaches twice this summer; the water temp was not even at 60 degrees during our visits. Lots of people on the sand, but no one was in the water!

My family has also stayed at the Beach Club twice (2009 and 2010). I absolutely love the resort. We have stayed in a 3rd floor room facing the quiet pool, as well as, a first floor room on the quiet pool side almost adjacent to the EPCOT entrance. While I loved being so close to the EPCOT entrance, we were all dreading walking the long distance in the hallways to and from the lobby, bus, etc by the end of the trip. I think I would like your room location much better.

Hi and welcome fellow New Englander!!! My husband and I actually both grew up in Dover, NH and we both had vacations to the lakes region with our families when we were younger. Love Newfound Lake and White Lake!

Yeah, I also crack up when people warn you about how cold the water is in Shark Reef at Typhoon Lagoon. 70 degress?!? Ha! We were at York Beach last weekend- mostly the zoo and town so we didn't make it into the water.

What months did you travel in 2009 and earlier this year?

We walked the hallways from that EPCOT exit/entrance near room 1501 to the lobby a couple of times and you are right. It is a looonnnggg way. Thank goodness they had the room number signs to follow.

Hi,

Followed you over from the BC thread to your TR. Love all your pics and happy to say that we will be at the BC for the 1st time in 33 days. :banana: Can't wait to meet Teena and stay on CL, your TR is getting me so excited to be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter