• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

395 days of planning all lead up to this! Sept/Oct 2012

So.....I had a gift card for $45 from Disney because of a previous customer service issue.

I decided to buy a 2012 Walt Disney World cinch bag and an awesome hat for my 14 year old.

Wouldn't ya know it the hat comes and says Disney "LAND". lol At this point all I can do is laugh...cause really....oh yeah and I got charged $16.53 BROKERAGE FEE again!!! And this order was totally free other than I paid for the ridiculous $29.50 shipping fee.

Disney was amazing enough to say they will send out the right hat. Didn't ask me to send the first one back so I'm gonna see what I can do to hide the "disney land" words.

But this effectively ends my ordering from DisneyStore.com

:sad1:

I will have to just wait and see if they reopen a store in Winnipeg. WOULD make sense though since the ONLY stores that are "close" is Minneapolis (8hours drive/cross boarder!) or Edmonton/Calgary (15 hours!)

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-p...y-world-cinch-bag/mp/1297601/1000809+1007303/

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-p...ll-cap-for-adults/mp/1297621/1000809+1007303/

Oh my goodness- how frustrating!

I never would have guessed it was so difficult to get things delivered to Canada by such a large company.Seems like it would be easier on their end to either open more Canadian stores or have an international website than to have to keep fixing the problems after the fact!

Oh my goodness- how frustrating!

I never would have guessed it was so difficult to get things delivered to Canada by such a large company.Seems like it would be easier on their end to either open more Canadian stores or have an international website than to have to keep fixing the problems after the fact!

Yup! I hope they hurry up already and open a new store here. Our store in Winnipeg closed over 3 years ago!

I haven't been on here in ages ... I've got a lot of reading to do!

Sorry to hear about all the drama with the Disney Store. We live in Winnipeg and ship anything from th US to http://www.mikesparcelpickup.com/ which is just across the border. They charge $5 per parcel too. Always been happy with the service there.

I'm sorry you had so much trouble getting things from the Disney Store!! I know how much you enjoyed that Mickey/Tink Box! hahahah (I know I do! :))

I'm am wishing for your sake that they do open one up closer to you! I know how much it stinks not to have one around! The closest one I have is 5 hours away! It's still closer than what you would have to drive, though!

Last year I ordered from the Disney store online, had nothing but trouble. Swore I would never order from them again but it is hard because the nearest store is 2+ hours away. Good luck.

Noelle

Grrrrrr! I guess if the social media lady was just looking for HITS and TRAFFIC to the blog she's gonna get it but this just pissed me off!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...r-beast’s-castle-seven-dwarf-mine-train-more/

Yeah she says "Opening DATES released for Beasts castle" yet surprise surprise :confused3:confused: when you go there all it says is:

"And, it looks like we’ll have plenty to celebrate this holiday season, including the openings of Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Be Our Guest Restaurant, Gaston’s Tavern, and Ariel’s Grotto."

WHAT HOLIDAY????

That's just rude! :mad:

Heather I found this on the Disney news sight

Openings “In time for Holidays 2012″ were also announced by Crofton for:
Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Be Our Guest Restaurant
Gaston’s Tavern
Ariel’s Grotto

The US has there Thanksgiving on Nov 22 this year. So I would think it would be open closer to then. You never know though they may open parts at a time. So less then a month off for Gaston's Tavern is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Hoop Dee Doo will be closed for most if not all of October for renovations it would be good planing on Disneys part to not close HDDMR until Gaston's is open.

Heather I found this on the Disney news sight

Openings “In time for Holidays 2012″ were also announced by Crofton for:
Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Be Our Guest Restaurant
Gaston’s Tavern
Ariel’s Grotto

The US has there Thanksgiving on Nov 22 this year. So I would think it would be open closer to then. You never know though they may open parts at a time. So less then a month off for Gaston's Tavern is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Hoop Dee Doo will be closed for most if not all of October for renovations it would be good planing on Disneys part to not close HDDMR until Gaston's is open.

Yes but they all got that information from a badly worded blog at DisneyParksBlog. Everyone has just got "holidays" stuck as the "date" and have all run with it.

But again all she said was "And, it looks like we’ll have plenty to celebrate this holiday season"

She doesn't say that these areas won't open UNTIL or that will open AT the holiday season....She was announcing the splash park and other half of Dumbo for July and decided to drive the hits by pretending she had opening dates for New Fantasyland.

BUT if you read her replies to people saying there was no date she clearly has no idea at ALL when these sections will open.

"as soon as we have an exact opening date, we’ll be thrilled to share it."
"as soon as we have exact dates per attraction, we’ll be happy to announce it."
"I love sharing info with all of you, and OF COURSE I’d share exact dates per attraction (if I had that specific info). Please keep checking back."

Now I have no idea when the area is going to open, I'm still gonna run with FALL 2012 and wait for an official blog post with ACTUAL dates!

lol This media lady really put me in a foul mood! :headache::furious: It was like being lied too....and then given the vaguest lame NON information!

Although much less popular, I believe Disney charges "holiday" prices for Columbus day weekend, which makes the Disney bloggers reference to the opening of certain attractions during 2012 holidays even more ambiguous, if that is possible.

Although much less popular, I believe Disney charges "holiday" prices for Columbus day weekend, which makes the Disney bloggers reference to the opening of certain attractions during 2012 holidays even more ambiguous, if that is possible.

lol Yeah. She should have just said "stay tuned for opening dates" as that would have been a lot better than what she did say. Which wasn't anything. But it sure has gotten people up in arms and believing now that it won't open until Christmas. But I don't get that from what she said.

Lou from WDW radio had an interesting podcast this weekend about what's comming to Disney in the future. http://www.wdwradio.com/category/podcasts/

Lou along with other Disney media and moms went on a "hard hat tour" behind the wall with the lead imaginer of the Fantasy Land expansion. A few things to note is that there are no set dates for opening and he did not call the tavern Gaston's Tavern.

I've been pretty worried about those Fantasy Land dates, too! We don't get to WDW very often and it would stink to miss the opening by a week or two! We haven't booked yet but our dates are not very flexible :(

Lou from WDW radio had an interesting podcast this weekend about what's comming to Disney in the future. http://www.wdwradio.com/category/podcasts/

Lou along with other Disney media and moms went on a "hard hat tour" behind the wall with the lead imaginer of the Fantasy Land expansion. A few things to note is that there are no set dates for opening and he did not call the tavern Gaston's Tavern.

Yeah. I know everyone is running with the 'holiday' thing but she clearly demonstrates that she actually has no information in her replies.

Bunk!

I've been pretty worried about those Fantasy Land dates, too! We don't get to WDW very often and it would stink to miss the opening by a week or two! We haven't booked yet but our dates are not very flexible :(

Well I want to go there. Really bad. I can't change our dates either. So it would really suck if it changes from Fall to Christmas. I can't see any sense in that though....it's CRAZY busy at Christmas. So why open a new area at that time? Makes way more sense to open it in September. They have SOOOOOO much of it completed already. And they get so much done rather quickly. Little Mermaid ride is rumoured to be ready already and the inside of the restaurant looks very good.

I still stick with a late Sept opening. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm rolling with until I actually get a Disney Blog post that contains actual dates! :goodvibes

150 days!!!!!!

And to make it even more special we received a postcard today FROM MICKEY MOUSE!!!!

"Cole, Braden & Ava,
See ya real soon,
Mickey Mouse!"

So cute!!!! :banana::love::dance3::yay:

I hope you're right with sticking with September! I REALLY thought mid November would be safe for fantasy land. I wish they would be more specific with "holidays".
Back to school can be a holiday! :rotfl:

Oh well. I'll be bummed, but my mom won't know the difference so at least she'll be happy! Haha

150 days!!!!!!

And to make it even more special we received a postcard today FROM MICKEY MOUSE!!!!

"Cole, Braden & Ava,
See ya real soon,
Mickey Mouse!"

So cute!!!! :banana::love::dance3::yay:

YAY!!! I'm excited for you guys! That's not too far at all! :)
I bet the postcard was way cute!
It won't be long now!!!:)

Just changed our CRT reservation from lunch to supper. It's now at 4:15. Plenty of time to do what we want during the day and then supper will be done in plenty of time before WISHES. This is the night we plan to stake out a good spot to watch the Fireworks show!

Also, added Cole's 15th birthday celebration to our 'OHANA reservation and my own birthday celebration (29x3 lol) to our CRT dinner! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter