• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

395 days of planning all lead up to this! Sept/Oct 2012

That's right. No direct flights in Sept/October. This is a quote for West Jet (my fav) and the other airline is AirCanada and it was actually over $150 MORE!

Have you thought about flying out of Fargo on Allegiant Air or even Minneapolis on Southwest or American Airlines.
That's what we're hoping to do. We haven't booked our August flight yet, still hoping for the prices to drop a bit.!

Have you thought about flying out of Fargo on Allegiant Air or even Minneapolis on Southwest or American Airlines.
That's what we're hoping to do. We haven't booked our August flight yet, still hoping for the prices to drop a bit.!

If we do Minneapolis then I have $200 for gas each way and hotel the night before the flight to MCO and possibly on the way back as well. Again after a long day of travelling not really sure I want to then have an 8 hour drive in the car with 3 kids.

I priced DElta from Grand Forks for $2451
and from Minot for $2571

So really when you factor in having to drive across the boarder, pay hotel and the gas it's not much savings from the current prices.

From Winnipeg:
Air Canada $3525 (plus they charge $25 for every checked bag!)
West Jet $3067 (the flights SHOULD come down...and I can't buy until March anyways...)
United $2965
Delta $2802

If we do Minneapolis then I have $200 for gas each way and hotel the night before the flight to MCO and possibly on the way back as well. Again after a long day of travelling not really sure I want to then have an 8 hour drive in the car with 3 kids.

I priced DElta from Grand Forks for $2451
and from Minot for $2571

So really when you factor in having to drive across the boarder, pay hotel and the gas it's not much savings from the current prices.

From Winnipeg:
Air Canada $3525 (plus they charge $25 for every checked bag!)
West Jet $3067 (the flights SHOULD come down...and I can't buy until March anyways...)
United $2965
Delta $2802

Hmmm ... I wonder if the prices are more in the fall, when you're going. These are the prices I've gotten so far, for the 4 of us in August.

US Air Minn-Orl $2014
Delta Far-Orl $2824
American Airlines Minn-Orl $1757
United Far-Orl $2331
West Jet $3277
Air Canada $3659 (what a joke!!)

I'm also waiting to see Southwest's prices, but for now, they only go up till early August!

So currently, American Airlines out of Minneapolis is almost 50% less than West Jet, so we'll probably end up going from the states.

Brrr ... I think winter has arrived here!!!! Oh how I wish I was going to DW sooner!!!!!

Brrr ... I think winter has arrived here!!!! Oh how I wish I was going to DW sooner!!!!!

We are leaving September 29 and coming back October 10th.

And I definately agree winter has come to stay! :mad: I hate winter so much! I don't know WHY I still live here. It's currently -22c! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :sad2:

-22ºC is cold. Here in Tromsø (almost 70º North) we don't get it that cold because of the Gulf Stream. It's normally no colder than -8ºC here in the winter.

This year has been extreme. We have had +9ºC until late last week. That is NOT normal. The normal temperature in oktober is -2ºC. We got 20 cm of snow on Monday but it all rained away on Tuesday and Wednesday because of a lot of rain and +3ºC.

-22ºC is cold. Here in Tromsø (almost 70º North) we don't get it that cold because of the Gulf Stream. It's normally no colder than -8ºC here in the winter.

This year has been extreme. We have had +9ºC until late last week. That is NOT normal. The normal temperature in oktober is -2ºC. We got 20 cm of snow on Monday but it all rained away on Tuesday and Wednesday because of a lot of rain and +3ºC.

I wish we didn't get quite this cold. I would love to never get colder than -10c!

In January it isn't uncommon for us to reach temps of -40c (and down to like -55c with the windchill factor) It's CRAZY! I'm always complaining that I am NOT a polar bear! :laughing:

I wish we didn't get quite this cold. I would love to never get colder than -10c!

In January it isn't uncommon for us to reach temps of -40c (and down to like -55c with the windchill factor) It's CRAZY! I'm always complaining that I am NOT a polar bear! :laughing:

Wow that is really cold. If I drive further north the temperatures can get to -30ºC. That's because the Gulf Stream doesn't reach there. Even Oslo that is way futher south than I am has temperatures down to -22ºC in the winter. The coldest I have experienced myself is -25ºC. That was in Narvik 250 km from where I live.

Even if we don't get it that cold in Tromsø (the record is -20.1ºC that was on 16.February 1985) we can still get a lot of snow. It's normal to have at least 1 meter of snow in January/February. Our snow record is 240cm on 29.april 1997

In regards to flights from Winnipeg to Orlando we flew UA. It was nice because we could go threw customs and check our bags at the Winnipeg airport because we had our layover in Chicago. If you go via Toronto you have to get your luggage when you land in Toronto then go threw customs.

An advantage to driving south of the boader is you don't have to worry about dealing with customs at the airport mind you the customs officer I had at the Winnipeg airport coming home was the most freindy I have ever delt with. Plus if you are using using Disney's Magical Express you can check your bags and get your boarding pass at your resort.

I found this info on the Moms panel:

I've found free wifi at three of the four Walt Disney World theme parks:
•Epcot - Futureworld at Innoventions East
•Epcot - Lotus Blossom Cafe, stronger signal in the back
•Hollywood Studios - stand near Sorcerer's Hat on the Brown Derby side
•Magic Kingdom - stand outside City Hall

If you widen your net, you'll be victorious at the following places:
•ESPN Wide World of Sports
•Boardwalk boat loading area outside of Boardwalk resort
•Beach Club lobby
•Contemporary - outside of gift shop area
•Coronado Springs lobby
•Grand Floridian lobby
•Orlando International Airport
•Downtown Disney - DisneyQuest
•Downtown Disney - Wolfgang Pucks Express
•Downtown Disney - Sosa Family Cigar Co. (signal even strong outside)
•Downtown Disney - outside House of Blues (several)

:cheer2:

And here is to hoping for FREE WIFI to extend to the MODERATE (and Value) resorts by next fall! As it seems to be still Free at the Deluxe's!

I am SO BEYOND PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!! :mad:

CBC lost the feed for the Winnipeg Jets game! So now I'm stuck listening to it on radio 1290 otut of Winnipeg. It is NOT as enjoyable for me as watching it on tv.

Damn Canadian tv stations!

:mad:

But atleast we are currently winning 3-1 over Philly! :cheer2:

OK the feed is back now! Thankfully! Watching the Jets games are my happy times!

YEAH!

5-1 and we aren't even done the 2nd period!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WIN! 6-4 over the Flyers!

GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found this info on the Moms panel:

I've found free wifi at three of the four Walt Disney World theme parks:
•Epcot - Futureworld at Innoventions East
•Epcot - Lotus Blossom Cafe, stronger signal in the back
•Hollywood Studios - stand near Sorcerer's Hat on the Brown Derby side
•Magic Kingdom - stand outside City Hall

If you widen your net, you'll be victorious at the following places:
•ESPN Wide World of Sports
•Boardwalk boat loading area outside of Boardwalk resort
•Beach Club lobby
•Contemporary - outside of gift shop area
•Coronado Springs lobby
•Grand Floridian lobby
•Orlando International Airport
•Downtown Disney - DisneyQuest
•Downtown Disney - Wolfgang Pucks Express
•Downtown Disney - Sosa Family Cigar Co. (signal even strong outside)
•Downtown Disney - outside House of Blues (several)

:cheer2:

And here is to hoping for FREE WIFI to extend to the MODERATE (and Value) resorts by next fall! As it seems to be still Free at the Deluxe's!

I was also able to send emails from Pollo Campero at DTD while I enjoyed the best fried chicken I ever had and from inside Space ship Earth at EPCOT using my iPod. At AK their was some stray WI FI hotspots but they were for CMs and required a password.

I am SO BEYOND PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!! :mad:

CBC lost the feed for the Winnipeg Jets game! So now I'm stuck listening to it on radio 1290 otut of Winnipeg. It is NOT as enjoyable for me as watching it on tv.

Damn Canadian tv stations!

:mad:

But atleast we are currently winning 3-1 over Philly! :cheer2:

OK the feed is back now! Thankfully! Watching the Jets games are my happy times!

YEAH!

5-1 and we aren't even done the 2nd period!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WIN! 6-4 over the Flyers!

GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well this was the second game I missed:( first one I was helping a buddy of mine. Had to work today, have to pay for that Disney trip somehow. What was with the 2:00 start time anyway?

Well this was the second game I missed:( first one I was helping a buddy of mine. Had to work today, have to pay for that Disney trip somehow. What was with the 2:00 start time anyway?

Yeah 2pm is a crappy time but it worked well for us!! :) It was a really good game and I'm sorry you missed it!

F&W September 28 - November 11th, 2012!

Concerts for "EAT TO THE BEAT" while we are there:

09/30 - 10/02 - Taylor Dayne

10/03 - 10/05 - 38 Special

10/06 - 10/07 - Jon Secada

10/08 - 10/09 - Roger Hodgson

I'm YouTubing cause I don't recogonize the names. So far I have no idea who Taylor is.

38special I seem to recognize some of their songs. I'd definately go listen to them!

Ooooh Ok I totally recognize Jon Secada too! lol Is it like always 80's, 90's bands for this? ;)

Roger is an amazing piano player! :woohoo:

I was also able to send emails from Pollo Campero at DTD while I enjoyed the best fried chicken I ever had and from inside Space ship Earth at EPCOT using my iPod. At AK their was some stray WI FI hotspots but they were for CMs and required a password.

I don't have much experience using my cell phone in the states, so if I bring my iPhone to the parks, and find an area with wifi (that's not password protected) does that mean I can send emails or email a pic from my phone?

If I have my laptop with me at the hotel, it wouldn't be any good for emailing, right? Unless I want to pay that crazy price for their internet! I'm thinking I"ll still bring my laptop, to upload all my pics and video each night, after getting back from the parks.

I don't have much experience using my cell phone in the states, so if I bring my iPhone to the parks, and find an area with wifi (that's not password protected) does that mean I can send emails or email a pic from my phone?

If I have my laptop with me at the hotel, it wouldn't be any good for emailing, right? Unless I want to pay that crazy price for their internet! I'm thinking I"ll still bring my laptop, to upload all my pics and video each night, after getting back from the parks.

Personally I think with the crazy charges for roaming on Canadian cells it wouldn't be worth it to really use them much in the parks. I think the $10 per day to use your laptop from your hotel room is alot better. That's what I'm gonna do. And just get a texting plan for the trip so I can keep in touch with home.

Personally I think with the crazy charges for roaming on Canadian cells it wouldn't be worth it to really use them much in the parks. I think the $10 per day to use your laptop from your hotel room is alot better. That's what I'm gonna do. And just get a texting plan for the trip so I can keep in touch with home.

It's too bad, as there are some really good apps that tell you wait times, maps, et. Ya, I've heard the roaming charges are crazy for Canadians!

I brought my iPod, iPad and camera with me. I used my iPad to download my pictures every night from my camera. I then deleted on my pictures on my memory stick. It was nice to leave my room each morning knowing I had a fresh memory stick and would not run out of room.

I kept my iPod with me at all times except at the water parks. I can not go on any of the big rides so while DD was on a ride I could not go on I searched for hidden Mickeys and stray wifi signals. I also checked for free wifi signals at every meal.

The rumor is that Disney will have free wifi at every resort by the end of 2012! The DVC resorts are already done and they are currenty working on the Deluxe resorts. After that they will start on the mods fallowed by the values. The free wifi will not be very fast but you will be able to send emails and surf the web. For a fee you will be able to upgrade to a high speed wifi then you will be able to use FaceTime, stream movies and play games etc.

So to answer your question you will be able to send emails from you iPhone for free if you find a stray wifi signal. However, other then inside Spaceship Earth I was not able to find any free signals.

Oh yes, the Orlando airport also has free wifi!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter