35 weeks pregnant...

35 weeks pregnant + 2 young children = disaster! Talk about a miserable trip for your spouse!

Also, the heat is beyond yucky. The amount of fluid you'd need to stay hydrated so you don't contract will make you need to pee every hour at least. If I were you, I'd save the $$$$ and go when the whole family can enjoy it!

I've been to Disney once while pregnant, and I'm not sure I'd ever do that again. It's pretty darn difficult.

Preach!!!

I feel exactly the same way. Did it once, and never again.

Okay so how crazy am I to think this is totally do able?!? I of course will talk to my doctor before but this is a non high risk pregnancy. I will be traveling with my husband, children (2 & 1) and at least my parents. Possibly even my brothers. We have GF booked and I really want to see the expressions on my childrens faces. We went last Sept and this March and of course booked again this year...Well I'm pregnant. I will be 35 weeks pregnant by this time and can't push it forwarded because of work.
I of course realize I will need to stay hydrated and put by feet up from time to time. At the moment I have it planned as a relaxing trip with daily breaks back to the hotel for swims and such. I'm thinking with this much help and as a relaxing vacation it will be nice... Any first hand experience?

No, I would reschedule for a year after the baby was born. At 35 weeks, the risk of giving birth away from home is just too high. The stress and physical exertion of a WDW trip could also help to stimulate pre-term labor.

Long-distance travel at that stage of pregnancy is not very safe, whether flying (for obvious reasons), or driving: "Whoa, my water just broke and we're three hours from nowhere..." My ob-gyn would never allow it.

Last edited:
No way. My second pregnancy was totally low risk and "normal", until my water broke at 36 weeks. And, by that point, I was peeing every 20 minutes on a good day, and felt like I was going to burst. Plus, I wasn't sleeping well and was so cranky. I would have never enjoyed a trip to WDW in those conditions.

Contrast that to my first pregnancy, where I spent the day before my water broke (at 39w) walking around Disneyland in the July heat. I still remember the huge blue raspberry icee I sucked down while walking around.

Truly, you can't predict the end of a pregnancy by your previous ones, they are all as different as your individual children!

NOPE.

I've gone pregnant twice and most recently brought my 2 year old and 12 week old so it's not like I'm all about waiting for the "perfect" time.

35 weeks is cutting it way too close, IMO. I wouldn't be concerned about actual park touring since you would have so much help...I'd be concerned about going into early labor in the air (looks like you are from NJ) or in Florida. Nope, nope, nope.

I wouldn't risk it. It's too hot, too easy to get dehydrated, too much risk to go into premature labor. It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

If you are flying will your OBGYN even okay that? 36 week is usually the cut off for flying.

I have had 5 pregnancies, including 1 twin pregnancy. The 1st 4, even the twins, was a breeze. The 5th....a disaster. Having spent the last 11 weeks of my pregnancy on bed rest trying to get my pregnancy to, at least, 36 weeks, there is nothing I would ever do to risk premature labor.

I went at 15 weeks in December and we had a great time - but even if the trip included a free week in Cinderella's Castle Suite there is no way I would go at 35 weeks. Having just today experienced the first truly hot day of the summer at 38 weeks, there is no way I would want to be on my feet at WDW in August/September heat. Never mind with two littles. My DS was 4 last trip so it was easy to manage especially since the weather was cool and I had hardly gained any weight, he's long since been potty trained, etc. Save the money and take a really great trip a year later. We're not going again until LO is 1.5.

I am going at 27 weeks pregnant because we don't want to make the drive with a nursling and my husband wants to the kids one more time before we add another in because we won't go until that one is weaned (18-24months old) .
We were originally going 2 weeks later but you are so much bigger around 30 weeks that I decided to go earlier and I am glad I did- we went camping this weekend and the heat and humidity were similar to September and I was SO hot and tired and swollen and I am only 12 weeks now!

If you really really want to go, just make sure you plan all the breaks you are going to take- but your LOs will likely want breaks too so nap times are a great thing. Hubby will likely push the double stroller you get and you will get to ride everything they can ride anyway.

I also agree, if you are looking for a WOW factor, please stay in Pop Century or something like that. Have you shown your kids pictures of GF and are they impressed by the pictures? We may stay in POR because of the room size and my kids are bummed we are not going back to POP. (Fancy wallpaper is no match for a 2 story Mr. Potato head in the eyes of a child)

Fancy resorts are for parents or older kids- toddlers want colors and toys.

I would also not go because I am a homebirther and the idea of having an accidental hospital birth so far away from home at 35 weeks does not jive with me. But I would go up to 30 weeks however, so is it possible to push your trip back 5 weeks? It will be hotter, but you will have 10 weeks left to go and not be quite so big.

*It is not the doctor that can always get you on a plane either, some have restrictions on how many weeks you can be and still fly.

Everyone- and every pregnancy is different so I'm not sure what first hand experience will help you. Obviously you will need to stay hydrated and rest as much as possible. I, too, don't understand when you say you want to see your children's faces at the hotel....?? Maybe I'm missing something. I will say there is no way I would risk anything with my baby traveling at that time in that heat so late in a pregnancy. Sure Florida woman are pregnant in Florida heat but I bet those are not the days they choose to visit theme parks!

If you had enough doubt that warranted coming here, trying to justify why it's a good idea and then asking for advice...you probably already know your answer. I'm not trying to be harsh about it - but a safe pregnancy and a safe baby are worth far more than a trip to Disney. Wait it out and go when you and your family can really enjoy the trip together.

And FWIW, things can change before now and then. My first pregnancy was a breeze. My second started out just the same - but between 28-30 weeks things changed and complications arose. I went to high risk, was pulled out of work - it just totally knocked me down. What will you do if (and prayers for you that not doesn't) something happens and your situation at 35 weeks isn't what it is today?

Last edited:
I would be miserable. I don't know about you, but my back starts killing me around that time in the pregnancy. And your feet, and belly and.... hahaha. If I were you, I would wait and go somewhere more relaxing!

You're a brave woman to be adding another baby into the mix with 2 under 2 already! With so much family around to help, you could just relax at the resort while everyone else braves the heat and the parks...that might not be so terrible...

NOPE.

I've gone pregnant twice and most recently brought my 2 year old and 12 week old so it's not like I'm all about waiting for the "perfect" time.

35 weeks is cutting it way too close, IMO. I wouldn't be concerned about actual park touring since you would have so much help...I'd be concerned about going into early labor in the air (looks like you are from NJ) or in Florida. Nope, nope, nope.
I am a pilot for a major airline. We had a pregnant lady go into labor on a flight some time back. We contacted the appropriate ground personel (physician on the ground) and he said something to the effect of "what the hell is she doing flying while that pregnant"?? We had to divert and wreck everyone else's vacation plans.

MG

I'm 35 weeks pregnant now and could not imagine really enjoying Disney world right now. I went for a day and a half while pregnant with my youngest son at 30 weeks. My family insisted that I rent a electric wheelchair, and I don't regret it at all. I took my kids to a small local zoo last week and just walking around there for a couple hours was torture. I have a huge belly on a small frame, so it might be different for someone built differently, but I am never comfortable and usually something if not everything is hurting or sore. Also, I'm already dilating, so I would be worried about going into labor, and although it would make a great story to give birth at magic kingdom, it would probably be a nightmare

I went to Disney World at 36 weeks pregnant and enjoyed myself. It was my second baby and my doctor was fine with it. He was more worried about the 14 hour car ride, but we made lots of stops for stretching. I packed a separate hospital bag in case I went into labor. I mentally prepared myself for having a baby at a different hospital. My doctor gave me medical information about my pregnancy to take with me. It was great. We stayed at the Beach Club, which is my happy place, and had one last great vacation as a family of three. Do what your body tells you. You know you best.

Had I been so foolish as to want to drive (or fly) to Disney, or anywhere over a few hours at 35 weeks, thankfully I had a Dr. that would have talked sense into me.

I have done this. I was 33 weeks pregnant when we went in August with a 17 month old. It was hot - surface of the sun, hot. It was our first adult trip to WDW and we spent a lot of time just searching for the next stop with A/C. Even with the swollen feet and heat, we LOVED it and couldn't wait to go back. I think as long as you are aware of your limitations, have a great pair of supportive shoes, and plan your day well you'll be fine (as long as your doc has given you all the official "ok" to travel stuff). One strategy we used (and still use when we do WDW in summertime) was planning a table service lunch around 1:00 so we have a long break in the A/C during the hottest part of the day. We also spent a lot of our trip at the pool, only visiting the parks on half of our travel days. This allowed us to have few great days of just laying back and relaxing instead of walking on our feet. Hope you have a fantastic trip!

I wouldn't do it, for the reasons mentioned above. There's no way to predict how you'll feel, and miserable and far from home with two very young children, while hugely pregnant, sounds like a huge waste of time and money to me.

I also think you're kidding yourself on the kids loving the GF. Stay there if you like, it's your choice and your nickel. But the kids won't give a rat's patootie. You could stay in a dump--if it was colorful and had a pool, they'd be thrilled.

OTOH, I've gone down for a week with a 6mo--we kept him in a baby sling for most of the trip. That worked really well, despite the heat.

I fall into the risk taking group. Lol
We were in Germany (granted, not the FL heat/humidity) and I was 38-41 weeks pregnant, touring the Castles and hiking up about 50 degree+ inclines on hills.... And then took a Rhine River cruise @41 weeks that not only was 2 hrs from my hospital, it was a 12 hr day on the river of me having contractions. LOl fortunately I knew kiddo wasn't going anywhere, but I had no problem, even with the contractions, walking up hills, touring, etc..

BUT, like everyone says, ever person and every pregnancy is different. My most recent pregnancy took a very harsh and quick turn for the worse, and was nothing nobody could do about it. It would have sucked to have that happen at Disney. I don't think I'd ever travel again during a pregnancy just because of that (I was not currently traveling and was 19 weeks pregnant when it happened)

My husband and I just attended a wedding this past weekend and the MOH's water broke spontaneously at 33 weeks! A whole 2 days before the wedding. She managed to make it to the wedding and participate in everything! Luckily her parents live where the baby currently is, and so she has help. If that happened in Disney? Just terrible.

I would just worry myself to death with the idea of something going wrong in a place that is mostly unfamiliar to me. As I got further along in both pregnancies thus far, my tendency is just to stay home, which is very unlike me!

I've been twice while pregnant. The first time I was 33 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and the second time 25 weeks pregnant with my twins (4th pregnancy). It was exhausting but we had a lot of fun. I took advantage of dad taking the kids on the bigger rides wile I put my feet up and snacked on ice cream and dole whips. My feet were definitely swollen and I needed a good chiropractic adjustment when I came back but it was a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter