• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

35 weeks pregnant...

MsDisney5

Mouseketeer
Okay so how crazy am I to think this is totally do able?!? I of course will talk to my doctor before but this is a non high risk pregnancy. I will be traveling with my husband, children (2 & 1) and at least my parents. Possibly even my brothers. We have GF booked and I really want to see the expressions on my childrens faces. We went last Sept and this March and of course booked again this year...Well I'm pregnant. I will be 35 weeks pregnant by this time and can't push it forwarded because of work.
I of course realize I will need to stay hydrated and put by feet up from time to time. At the moment I have it planned as a relaxing trip with daily breaks back to the hotel for swims and such. I'm thinking with this much help and as a relaxing vacation it will be nice... Any first hand experience?

Okay so how crazy am I to think this is totally do able?!? I of course will talk to my doctor before but this is a non high risk pregnancy. I will be traveling with my husband, children (2 & 1) and at least my parents. Possibly even my brothers. We have GF booked and I really want to see the expressions on my childrens faces. We went last Sept and this March and of course booked again this year...Well I'm pregnant. I will be 35 weeks pregnant by this time and can't push it forwarded because of work.
I of course realize I will need to stay hydrated and put by feet up from time to time. At the moment I have it planned as a relaxing trip with daily breaks back to the hotel for swims and such. I'm thinking with this much help and as a relaxing vacation it will be nice... Any first hand experience?

I wouldn't do it...2 kids 2 and under and 35 weeks pregnant is a recipe for misery (even if it's not hot, humid, and crowded). I had a very typical pregnancy for my 1st pregnancy until at 35 weeks, I gave birth unexpectedly...my next 2 were typical til pre-eclampsia kicked in at 33 and 32 weeks...didn't give birth til 38 weeks, but was on bed rest...

This is a long way of saying...your doc may think you are low risk now...but you may not be the week you go and pregnancies change on a dime the last 2 months...and the more pregnancies you have (and yours have been very close together), the more things that tend to crop up and the sooner they crop up...

I went at 30 weeks and it was early September. I think being so close at 35 weeks I would have to be okay with possibly having the baby away from home. If your other kids arrived close to their due date, chances are you will be fine. My 3rd baby was the one who stayed in the longest! Stay hydrated, take lots of breaks to sit and let the other adults chase the kids and you will be fine. For me it was a much more relaxing trip. My feet did swell like crazy though. I wore crocs with socks. I wasn't styling but I was comfy!

Take pictures with the characters. Mickey was really cute about pointing to my big belly in the pictures.

I went at 27 weeks with my 1.5 yr old and dh and was miserable. I personally would rather go with a 1 month old than a baby still in utero.

I wouldn't do it, but I went into preterm labor with both my kids.

I went 4 months pregnant, and even though we lived in Hawaii at the time, I was pretty miserable (and didn't have other kids even).

I would also rather go with an infant than go pregnant.

Sounds like you really want to do and you have plenty of people to help you. Just have a plan in place and know the nearest hospitals just in case. Enjoy!!

If your ticker is correct, you're talking end of Aug/beginning of Sept? That heat is MISERABLE! I swell up and my babies are teenagers! I think you may be underestimating the need to put your feet up "from time to time". I just can't imagine being that far along and tackling something like Disney in the summer. Lots of help along or not...

I don't usually read and butt into these threads, but I'm curious....
Will you be flying? If yes and there's a problem you would be causing a major disruption for others. If your driving, well then I guess it's nobody's business.

MG

I wouldn't feel comfortable, personally.

I think normal pregnancy can get thrown outta whack with the stress from traveling, walking miles a day, heat, etc.

Just sounds like a nightmare.

Coming from someone who had my babies at 34, 35, 36 and 37 weeks....I'd do it. Honestly I'd be more comfortable having a baby away from home at 35 weeks than pushing the trip forward and possibly having a baby away from home at 28-34 weeks and people don't bat an eye at a woman going on a trip at 28 weeks. You know yourself, and you know your body. I did swell when pregnant but I was still able to chase the kids (and yes, I went a week longer with each pregnancy) and go on walks. The only one of my babies who needed NICU time was my 35 weeker and that was 5 days and only because she was 'low-birth weight', that was 10 years ago so I am not sure if they even keep babies for only that reason anymore (she was 5lbs 5oz, so she made the cut off by 2oz ;) ) Since your husband and parents will be there I doubt you will have to do much and if you aren't feeling up to it I am sure they'd be fine with you staying back at the hotel while they do the parks.

While I wouldn't think twice about taking and going a 6+ week old (and basically have), I can't imagine wanting to go at 35 weeks pregnant, plus 2 kids under 2...yikes! It is nice that you'll have help, but I just know how uncomfortable I was that pregnant (and I had normal very average pregnancies), let alone adding the 2 kids, who even though you'll have help are going to most likely want mom. I guess if it was the absolute only time I could go for a couple years, then I might, but it does not sound fun.

(1) Your kids are 1 & 2. They won't give a rip about the GF. They would more likely be wow'd by one of the Value resorts than the GF. If YOU want to stay at the GF, that's all good but don't pretend to make it about the look on your infants' faces because they probably won't care.

(2) If you're flying you may run into restrictions, especially when you return.

(3) You've had two kids already. You know your body much better than anyone else. You know how far along you were when you gave birth and if 36 weeks is pushing it.

(4) For me, I would not not want to be bigger than a freaking house with two little kids on "vacation" at WDW in August. That is really not my idea of "relaxing" or fun.

So yeah, I think it's crazy. I would recommend that you wait until after the baby is born to go in September before you go back to work.

I was at WDW while pregnant with our 3rd at 36 1/2 weeks. My dh spent most of the trip with our girls as I occupied a bench! It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be and I had very easy births and pregnancies. We had to drive as I was too far along to fly. I'm not sure I would attempt it again. My advice, plan on a lot of water, a lot of restroom breaks, and listen to your body. Had to add, we spent 10 days at GF. It was a surprise for our kids and I couldn't wait to see their reaction. Well needless to say I got nothing. As a matter of fact our oldest was disappointed as she really loves POP!! My dh and I love it but our girls love other places more so we save the money. Congrats on the baby!!!

I went at 32 weeks with friends, DH and our 5 year old. This was at DL, record breaking heat (110) on our final day. We stayed at GCH for the weekend. We are passholders and it wasn't a big deal for me not to go on rides. The heat was awful.

I was fine. But I had one child. And at 5, DH was fine taking her on the rides and she was happy. Completely manageable.
You know your body best. I know that there is a great difference between 32 and 35 weeks. I had a relatively easy pregnancy. But was starting to feel the aches and pains towards the end.

I drank plenty of water and took lots of breaks. I welcomed the walking. My body actually feels worst sitting all day at work. However, I was still in pain at the end of the day. Stretching and cooling down the muscles was a must for me.

Overall, walking is manageable IMO. However, dealing with the family seems too much at that stage.

I agree, not that uncommon to give birth that early, and with the extreme heat - no way! My Dr. would not have given the OK for that even had I wanted to - would not have had the energy anyway. Also, think of the possibility of needing a 'strange Dr. & hospital' - to each their own!

Didn't read if you were flying - but extra risky, even if airlines allow.

(3) You've had two kids already. You know your body much better than anyone else. You know how far along you were when you gave birth and if 36 weeks is pushing it.

While I agree that you know your body better than anyone else, you can never predict what is going to happen. My first two pregnancies were full term and completely uneventful. With my third, my water broke at 34 weeks, I was in the hospital on bed-rest for 5 days before the baby was born 4 weeks early at 5lbs. 3oz. She was in NICU for 9 days. I can't imagine going through that away from home.

Any time you ask for other people's opinions, you are going to get horror stories. For every person like me (strongly in the "no way would I do that" camp) you will have someone else saying "you know what's best for you - go for it and have fun". Just make sure you consider all of the possible outcomes, however unlikely they may seem. Good luck!

35 weeks pregnant + 2 young children = disaster! Talk about a miserable trip for your spouse!

Also, the heat is beyond yucky. The amount of fluid you'd need to stay hydrated so you don't contract will make you need to pee every hour at least. If I were you, I'd save the $$$$ and go when the whole family can enjoy it!

I've been to Disney once while pregnant, and I'm not sure I'd ever do that again. It's pretty darn difficult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter