3 Generations! 2 Resorts! 10 Days! DxDp! 3000 Pictures! - Saying Good-Bye!

:rotfl: Told you the wheelchair would pay off! You know...I didn't ride it because it's a simulator. I was scared it would make me sick. Perhaps I'll try it next time. Stephen said I would be fine, but this is coming from a 10 year old! Hope you are all well...Bill has been sick, too. Luckily it skipped the kids....for now:laughing:

Since you are staying at the BWI(for now:rolleyes1), have you checked out RGirl's TR?? She stayed at BWV and has some great shots...her room was overlooking the Board Walk...very cool. Makes me want that room just for the view!

I will check it out!!!! Simulators make me queasy too...but I was OK. HRH has the cough today...home sick with mom on the Dis which is not too shabby :goodvibes

Glad all is well with your family:thumbsup2 And what fun!....helping your friend plan a trip!! It should be perfect with your help. So where do you have them staying, eating, etc??!! They will be shocked to see how much WDW has changed since 98.

So now your trip is next December? Can't say I blame you...Christmas is beautiful at Disney...and the second week in Dec. shouldn't be too crowded. Are you going to do MVMCP? Staying at the same place?

I'm so excited for my friend & her family. Her kids are going to be over the moon when they wake up on Christmas morning to find Santa left them some Disney items & a countdown calendar for their trip! They are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort in a pirate room. She just booked in November, but there's only been 1 ADR that she wanted that she can't get - OHana. Other than that, she got Crystal Palace, Via Napoli, Kona Cafe, Tusker House & 50's Prime Time Cafe. I think they should enjoy their choices.

I can not wait for next December! The more I think about it, the happier I am that we moved our trip from October to December. And I figured we'd go during that 2nd week at least 1 more time before Reid starts school. That week is just great as far as crowds go. We were thinking of going to MVMCP but decided to skip it & instead use that $ to go to IOA for one day. We love IOA! As of right now, we are booked to stay at POFQ. But, I'm going to try & do a trade with our Hilton timeshare through RCI into DVC. So, I'll be stalking RCI to watch for something in DVC to come open with our dates! *fingers crossed tight that we get BWV or BLT* (But, really any DVC will do.)

OK, let me say that I am jealous of all of you all that are done with your Christmas shopping. I'm pretty much done but due to trying to hide everything, none of it is wrapped and I'm not sure when I am going to get that done!

We are leaving Saturday for a quick trip to the world for the weekend. We love going at Christmas. My six year old is already talking about "when we go next Christmas". I'm trying to temper that somewhat as I'm not sure that will happen as I'm trying to rein in the spending. It's hard when your husband is a Disney-enabler! (Not that I am complaining too much)

Star Wars weekend looks like a lot of fun, even if some of those people are scary!:scared1: I remember loving the first 3 and vaguely remember seeing one in the theater. I had all the toys as a kid, I would have much rather played with cars as a little girl than dolls, wish I still had them!

Everyone have a Merry Christmas!

Christine

I remember loving the first 3 and vaguely remember seeing one in the theater. I had all the toys as a kid, I would have much rather played with cars as a little girl than dolls, wish I still had them!

Christine

I was the same way! My favorite Star Wars toys were my 2 stuffed Ewoks. I had a boy (brown with a brown vest) and a girl (grey with a purple vest). I loved them!!! I'm still mad at my mother for getting rid of them. :mad:

Those are some great pictures from the parade, we were too far back to get any good ones!

Stephen says that he definitely liked the parade in 2010 much better:confused3 He's not into the actual actors who play the characters. He had no interest in that.

I will check it out!!!! Simulators make me queasy too...but I was OK. HRH has the cough today...home sick with mom on the Dis which is not too shabby :goodvibes

Hope she is feeling better! But I bet she enjoyed her 'Dis' time with mom;) So how many changes did you two make??:laughing:

I'm so excited for my friend & her family. Her kids are going to be over the moon when they wake up on Christmas morning to find Santa left them some Disney items & a countdown calendar for their trip! They are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort in a pirate room. She just booked in November, but there's only been 1 ADR that she wanted that she can't get - OHana. Other than that, she got Crystal Palace, Via Napoli, Kona Cafe, Tusker House & 50's Prime Time Cafe. I think they should enjoy their choices.

I can not wait for next December! The more I think about it, the happier I am that we moved our trip from October to December. And I figured we'd go during that 2nd week at least 1 more time before Reid starts school. That week is just great as far as crowds go. We were thinking of going to MVMCP but decided to skip it & instead use that $ to go to IOA for one day. We love IOA! As of right now, we are booked to stay at POFQ. But, I'm going to try & do a trade with our Hilton timeshare through RCI into DVC. So, I'll be stalking RCI to watch for something in DVC to come open with our dates! *fingers crossed tight that we get BWV or BLT* (But, really any DVC will do.)

Their trip sounds great!!...especially the Pirate Room:thumbsup2 Maybe they can still get Ohana...just have to check every day, as you know.

And your trip....:dance3: how exciting!! If you can't get the resort switched, POFQ will be fine. The rooms look great, and they've been renovated! Hopefully, though, you will get your wish and get a DVC...BLT would be awesome!!! Check out RGirl's TR....they stayed at BWV and had a wonderful BW view!! Looked like a great location.

OK, let me say that I am jealous of all of you all that are done with your Christmas shopping. I'm pretty much done but due to trying to hide everything, none of it is wrapped and I'm not sure when I am going to get that done!

We are leaving Saturday for a quick trip to the world for the weekend. We love going at Christmas. My six year old is already talking about "when we go next Christmas". I'm trying to temper that somewhat as I'm not sure that will happen as I'm trying to rein in the spending. It's hard when your husband is a Disney-enabler! (Not that I am complaining too much)

Star Wars weekend looks like a lot of fun, even if some of those people are scary!:scared1: I remember loving the first 3 and vaguely remember seeing one in the theater. I had all the toys as a kid, I would have much rather played with cars as a little girl than dolls, wish I still had them!

Christine

You're at WDW now??!!!! I'm jealous!!!! I was just saying last night that it would be great to be at MVMCP. Stephen is forever pulling up the weather in Orlando...he said yesterday was excellent weather to be at Disney. Can't wait to hear about your trip. And be glad that your husband is a Disney-enabler!!:laughing: At least he likes going:thumbsup2 But I totally get the spending thing....WDW isn't the cheapest place in the world! When I get there, I lose all sense of reality and money:laughing:

Have a great weekend!!!! Give us an update when you return.

Hmmmmm.....knew you would crack and buy that thing I'm not shocked in the least. She'll love it though....now you have to get the AK oneI'm thinking she will like Star Wars, too. I remember my dad taking me to see that movie when I was 5 years old....loved it! I've been a fan ever since. Now Stephen is a diehard!

At the very least, it is going to look really cool set up with the castle in front of the tree when she comes down on Christmas morning. :rotfl:

I can't find the AK one! Probably a good thing......

I do, however, wish I had bought the little Test Track play set when I saw it on-line. I passed it up and by the time I changed my mind, it was gone. :sad1: :rotfl:

I'm really looking forward to watching the SW movies again myself! :woohoo:

HRH is better....now DH is sick. I sent him to bed, because he is making me nuts....HRH was enjoying the BWI pics...by the end of the day she was waffling.................and as you see the ticker, we are not at BWI anymore ;)

HRH is better....now DH is sick. I sent him to bed, because he is making me nuts....HRH was enjoying the BWI pics...by the end of the day she was waffling.................and as you see the ticker, we are not at BWI anymore ;)

:wave: Glad to hear HRH is feeling better. I had to laugh about your DH making you nuts :lmao: I just had a big arguement with DH about getting sick. My DS and his wife stopped by both sick, now she is studying to be a nurse you think she have more sense, especially since my DS does not know how to cover his mouth when he coughs after being on this earth for almost 42 years :headache:

DH was asking me about watching Illuminations from the room, lazy butt still wants to park himself in the room like when we were staying at CR with TPV, so I went through explaining about the various room types and views and after all that he decided he will take his chances with just requesting Epcot side. Guess I will need to call and request that next.

Heather :wave: After looking at your Star Wars Parade pictures9Fantastic as always) I want to go for Star Wars weekend. I stood in line to see the first Star Wars movie for 4 hours and to this day love the characters and can not wait to ride the new Star Tours ride.
Decisions, decisions.............I need to go look up the dates , DH is gonna say I am nuts and my DS(41) is going to want to go too :rotfl:

DH will probally say no but it is worth a chance.

I have to say after starting to do some research on BWI I think it might be a better fit than CR for us.

:wave: Glad to hear HRH is feeling better. I had to laugh about your DH making you nuts :lmao: I just had a big arguement with DH about getting sick. My DS and his wife stopped by both sick, now she is studying to be a nurse you think she have more sense, especially since my DS does not know how to cover his mouth when he coughs after being on this earth for almost 42 years :headache:

DH was asking me about watching Illuminations from the room, lazy butt still wants to park himself in the room like when we were staying at CR with TPV, so I went through explaining about the various room types and views and after all that he decided he will take his chances with just requesting Epcot side. Guess I will need to call and request that next.

Oh, the LAST thing you need is an upper respiratory infection :sick:

Unfortunately I know WAY too many nurses with little common sense.

I hope you both get a great view at BWI...any availability CL??? Then he can see Iluminations from the lounge :rotfl: IDK difference in $$$ but it HAS to be cheaper than CL at CR, right???

Oh, the LAST thing you need is an upper respiratory infection :sick:

Unfortunately I know WAY too many nurses with little common sense.

I hope you both get a great view at BWI...any availability CL??? Then he can see Iluminations from the lounge :rotfl: IDK difference in $$$ but it HAS to be cheaper than CL at CR, right???

Yes CL is available but he is happy now with where we are, or he thinks he is and to tell you the truth I do not really want to be able to see Illuminations from the room or lounge. One of my fondest memories from when we stayed at the YC was walking back at night after Illuminations and he just wants to be lazy and poop out on me. :rolleyes1

Oh and as for Ddil that is exactly what I said to DH that "you'd think she would have more sense than to come over with both of them sick"

Yes CL is available but he is happy now with where we are, or he thinks he is and to tell you the truth I do not really want to be able to see Illuminations from the room or lounge. One of my fondest memories from when we stayed at the YC was walking back at night after Illuminations and he just wants to be lazy and poop out on me. :rolleyes1

Oh and as for Ddil that is exactly what I said to DH that "you'd think she would have more sense than to come over with both of them sick"

You tell DH my DD4 says he's a poop :laughing: that's one of her favorite words to call people..unfortunately :rotfl: Iluminations is SO much better from Epcot...and you both can walk back...no waiting for buses...etc. How cool is that!!

At the very least, it is going to look really cool set up with the castle in front of the tree when she comes down on Christmas morning. :rotfl:

I can't find the AK one! Probably a good thing......

I do, however, wish I had bought the little Test Track play set when I saw it on-line. I passed it up and by the time I changed my mind, it was gone. :sad1: :rotfl:

I'm really looking forward to watching the SW movies again myself! :woohoo:

I agree it will all look super cute on Christmas morning! I found out that they now have one for HS and its the big hat. I had to resist buying it but the thought did cross my mind that we could spread them all out and have our own WDW, :worship:and then I thought it would sound really crazy to anyone other than a disser!:rolleyes1

We spent a quick weekend at the Beach Club. It was our first visit there and we really liked it. It was nice being able to walk to Epcot and HS. Stormalong Bay was nice although we only spent about an hour there. My only negative would be that unless you went over to the Boardwalk or Epcot, there aren't a lot of food options, especially for quick service. My daughter is a huge fan of the chicken nuggets at WDW (I have no idea why they are so much better there) and the closest place that had them was the American Adventure in Epcot. It rained off and on for two days but not a big deal, we were still in Disney!:banana:

It's time for me to begin my wrapping adventure weekend!

Pas....hope everyone is well now at your house. Ok...question....your ticker now says Vero Beach and BC???? What happened to BWI and GF??? Another change????? Explain popcorn::

RGirl....any more WDW purchases for Willow??:laughing: All shopping is done at our house!!!:woohoo: I do have a few stocking stuffers, but nothing major. Not doing too much today except catching up on the Dis...getting ready to catch up on your TR. Then, I'm going to try and finish mine.

sjs.... hope you're well! Glad y'all are happy with your choice of resorts. Did you switch any of your ADRs? Can't remember where you said you were eating. And you are so right...Illuminations wouldn't be the same watching from the resort.

chattadisser...Glad y'all had a great trip, Christine! Of course you know I have a ton of questions:laughing: How were the crowds? Did you go to MVMCP? Would you return to BC? You said you were only at the pool an hour...is that because it was cold? BC is one of the resorts on my 'to-do' list. DS10 REALLY wants to stay there because of the pool.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Pas....hope everyone is well now at your house. Ok...question....your ticker now says Vero Beach and BC???? What happened to BWI and GF??? Another change????? Explain popcorn::

The upper respiratory issues have resolved...we have the stomach bug now :sick: DS3 and DD5-so far.............

first I changed to Poly/GF...then added VB...then after much back and forth since DH didn't want a WDW split stay..we threw Poly and GF out, and settled on BC :laughing:

Are you off now for the holidays :santa: Miss ya when you're at school :hug:

The upper respiratory issues have resolved...we have the stomach bug now :sick: DS3 and DD5-so far.............

first I changed to Poly/GF...then added VB...then after much back and forth since DH didn't want a WDW split stay..we threw Poly and GF out, and settled on BC :laughing:

Are you off now for the holidays :santa: Miss ya when you're at school :hug:

Oh wow! Sorry to hear y'all are passing around the stomach bug. Nothing fun about that!!!

I'll be anxious to hear what you think about Vero Beach...have heard nothing about it, good or bad. The pictures look great, though. However....I'll be surprised if you keep the ressie:laughing:

We are out now. We'll (teachers) go back Jan. 3rd, and the kids will go back on the 5th. So nice to just sit this morning and do nothing! I really do need to get up and do something productive, though. How about finish my TR!!?? That would be nice!

Oh wow! Sorry to hear y'all are passing around the stomach bug. Nothing fun about that!!!

I'll be anxious to hear what you think about Vero Beach...have heard nothing about it, good or bad. The pictures look great, though. However....I'll be surprised if you keep the ressie:laughing:

We are out now. We'll (teachers) go back Jan. 3rd, and the kids will go back on the 5th. So nice to just sit this morning and do nothing! I really do need to get up and do something productive, though. How about finish my TR!!?? That would be nice!

My DH is like "I can't believe out of all the Florida Beaches, you picked a Disney Beach" :lmao: Why does this surprise him??? He likes it though, he favors the beach over Disney..I was on the phone with Disney to change our fantasmic day and on hold, he grabbed the phone and hung it up saying "Don't change the Beach Club, you got me all excited and now you're going to change it all"

SO there you have it....I guess I have to try to stay strong :laughing:

Why be productive...it's vacation....but I do LOVE your TR AND pics...hint,hint

RGirl....any more WDW purchases for Willow?? All shopping is done at our house!!! I do have a few stocking stuffers, but nothing major. Not doing too much today except catching up on the Dis...getting ready to catch up on your TR. Then, I'm going to try and finish mine.

Hi Heather! Nope - I am done with all my Christmas shopping! :woohoo: (Okay, I did add a few things during the last Disney Store sale - Phineas and Ferb stuffies for Willow and a Minnie stuffie for my baby niece. :laughing:)

Looking forward to reading more of your report!!! I am going to get mine rolling faster here soon, I think. I have been totally derailed the last 3 weeks due to a horrible experience at DD's daycare/preschool that caused me to pull her out with no notice, have to find emergency child care, try to deal with all the trauma that all of it has caused her, etc. Nightmare - and I haven't felt very "Disney" through it all. I'm hoping to get us both to a better place now that we will have some time off starting Friday. And I'm sure I will have that Disney feeling again - I have to, we will be heading to DLR next month!!!

My DH is like "I can't believe out of all the Florida Beaches, you picked a Disney Beach" :lmao: Why does this surprise him??? He likes it though, he favors the beach over Disney..I was on the phone with Disney to change our fantasmic day and on hold, he grabbed the phone and hung it up saying "Don't change the Beach Club, you got me all excited and now you're going to change it all"

SO there you have it....I guess I have to try to stay strong :laughing:

Why be productive...it's vacation....but I do LOVE your TR AND pics...hint,hint

:rotfl: Because I've waited so long to reply, you DID change!!! You crack me up!!! And notice that I have not been productive....no installment, yet. I've done all the pictures, just have to write the captions. It will be my final one!

Hi Heather! Nope - I am done with all my Christmas shopping! :woohoo: (Okay, I did add a few things during the last Disney Store sale - Phineas and Ferb stuffies for Willow and a Minnie stuffie for my baby niece. :laughing:)

Looking forward to reading more of your report!!! I am going to get mine rolling faster here soon, I think. I have been totally derailed the last 3 weeks due to a horrible experience at DD's daycare/preschool that caused me to pull her out with no notice, have to find emergency child care, try to deal with all the trauma that all of it has caused her, etc. Nightmare - and I haven't felt very "Disney" through it all. I'm hoping to get us both to a better place now that we will have some time off starting Friday. And I'm sure I will have that Disney feeling again - I have to, we will be heading to DLR next month!!!

Oh no...hope all is okay with Willow. Hopefully you will find child care quickly. That's a huge deal, and good child care isn't easy to find. Best of luck....it will all work out.

And yep! Y'all will be leaving next month!!!:yay: Does she know that she's going?? I can't remember if you were going to surprise her or not.

From our family.....Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!!! I hope everyone has a blessed weekend!!!

IMG_6796-2.jpg

Merry Christmas to you and your family, too!

Here's a little something to get you excited about your next TR:

grp123234LARGE.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter