• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 day park hopper and water parks... I'm confused

neastguy

Mouseketeer
lol.. my wife booked this vacation...

so I understand the 3 day park hopper.. but what I don't get is the waterpark deal... if we park hop for 3 days and AK,MK,HS,EP .. and only go to those places.. do we still get to use waterparks on a different day when we are not park hopping? or does waterparks have to be used on a park hopping day.. not sure if it makes sense..

also, I ended up on a site where it says you can add a free 4th park hopper day to your ticket

https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/3-day-park-hopper-plus-extra-day-free-ticket/

is that something we can use.. or not because we already purchased our tickets via disney site? thanks

You can use the waterpark on a separate day providing you bought the waterpark and more option in addition to the park hopper. For example, I buy a ten day ticket w/ park hopper and waterpark option. I visit for 14 days, during those days I can visit the major 4 parks for ten days. Then I have 10 entitlements to use for waterparks, mini-golf, golf etc... We use it to spread our tickets out over the 14 days (and we love the waterparks). Those entitlements can be used the same day (ie: go to waterpark then go to MK at night) - you'd use 1 park day and 1 entitlement. You can do one day of just the waterpark then stay at the resort or DTD at night and you will not use your park tickets. You have 14 days to use your tickets, so the water park option helps spread your tickets out. I hope that helped.

I presume you bought the ticket that has the water park and park hopper options, correct? Unless things have changed in the last year (we bought annual pass last year), the ticket you have is 3 days of the 4 main parks PLUS 3 visits to the water parks or Disney Quest. So in theory you could hop from MK to EP, then go to a water park. That would count as one day of park passes and one day of water park, so you'd have 2 of each left.

yes.. we have 3day park hopper + waterparks... so we could do non waterparks mon,tues,wed and then waterparks th fri if we wanted too? actually throw in one more day of waterpark if we wanted too because we would have one left?

(Clarifying to help with your plans)

Unless something has changed, the waterpark tickets go by admission, not day. So if on Thursday you go to both waterparks, you've used up two of your three admissions.

It's different from the main park tickets because those are sold as days. Since you got hoppers for those you can go to all four main parks each of your three days.

But it's different with the waterpark tickets. "Hopping" is just for the main park tickets. Unless something has changed.

yes.. we have 3day park hopper + waterparks... so we could do non waterparks mon,tues,wed and then waterparks th fri if we wanted too? actually throw in one more day of waterpark if we wanted too because we would have one left?

Yup - you got it. The waterpark admissions are totally separate from the main park admissions. So you can use them on the same day or on a different day - totally up to you. Throwing a water park day in the middle of a trip can be a great break sometimes. Mon, Tues at the big parks, Wed at a water park, Thursday at a big park, Friday at a waterpark, for example.

thanks everyone I think I have it now.. now I just have to decide if we should add a park hopper day.. we get there on a saturday and leave on a saturday... that leaves us with 6 full days to do stuff.. not sure if 3day park hoper plus waterparks will be enought...

thanks everyone I think I have it now.. now I just have to decide if we should add a park hopper day.. we get there on a saturday and leave on a saturday... that leaves us with 6 full days to do stuff.. not sure if 3day park hoper plus waterparks will be enought...

The cost to add a 4th day to 3-day tickets (with Hopper) is $49, per ticket.
Plus tax.

That added day will ALSO include a 4th admission to any of the Water Parks and More options.

is it cheaper to add just another day without park hopper? also, can we decide midweek and just add it when we are at the park at the gate? thanks again

is it cheaper to add just another day without park hopper? also, can we decide midweek and just add it when we are at the park at the gate? thanks again

If you already HAVE the Hopper option, it will automatically apply to ALL days on the ticket.

If you have not already bought the Hopper, it will be cheaper to add a 4th day to a 3-day ticket without the Hopper.

You can upgrade your tickets any time up until close-of-business on the last day that you use the ticket's last asset.

It HAS changed.
You can do both Water Parks on the same day and only count as "one WP admission."

And, this is total independent of if the ticket has the "Hopper" option, or not.

Below is now posted on the disneyworld.com site HERE.

This is only for independently purchased water park tickets, not for the Water Parks & More add on. Each visit is for one park and you cannot hop between them.
Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 9.49.47 AM.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter