26 Years Later: My Return To Disney World

Dizzy Lizzie

Earning My Ears
Welcome!

26 Years Ago..

It was 1996. I was six years old and went on my family's second trip to Disney. Despite not remembering most of the trip I do have fond memories. We stayed at Shades of Green thanks to my Grandpa serving in the Airforce. I remember being afraid of majority of the rides. My brother and I playing on the Honey I Shrunk The Kids playground.

Present Day

My family is finally returning to Disney World. Disney World has changed. I've changed! No longer I am afraid of amusement park rides ( for the most part :P). My goal this trip to ride rides my six year old self deem too scary.

Who:

Our party includes:
Me
My boyfriend
My mom
My brother
My sister In Law
My Niece (6)

My Nephew (2)
Last two days my sister in law's father and step mother will be joining us.

When:

May 22 to 28

Where:

My boyfriend and I are staying at Pop while everyone else is staying at AOA.

Our Plans:

As right now we don't have a complete plan. My brother and sister in law are keeping the trip a secret from the kids. They want it to be a surprise. So they're telling them they're going to Florida and they'll find out when they drive through the Disney World gates.

My mom, boyfriend, and I will be flying down while my brother his family drive down. The three us have an early morning direct flight to Orlando. Our plan is to have lunch in Disney Springs and maybe do some shopping. My brother and his family will arrive sometime around dinner time. So we're just going to hang out by the pool and get pizza. The kids can run around after spending the day in the car.

Our park days:
Monday: MK
Tuesday: HS
Wednesday: Epcot
Thursday: AK
Friday: MK

We're only going to the parks for five days. My boyfriend and I got park hopper tickets. We plan on parking hoping on Tuesday and Thursday. Maybe Wednesday.

Rides:

We are not doing Genie+. If we can't get on a ride. It's not the end of the world. I know this crazy, but I'm going with the flow with this trip. I'm excited for this trip. Just being there is enough for me. Being able to walk around and enjoy the atmosphere.

I do have rides I want to ride:
Big Thunder Mountain
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Haunted Mansion: This ride terrified me as a kid. My mom said we waited in line, but didn't go on because I chicken out. I thought the ghosts were real. So the both of us are planning on riding this ride together.

There are other rides I want to ride. Like the Toy Story coaster and EE. I'm talking myself into riding EE. The going backwards part worries me.

That's it for now. I'll edit this once we get better idea how we're doing Disney as a group. I know my boyfriend and I are going to go off on our own.

I'm here---looking forward to it. Your post caught my eye because I don't plan to use Genie+ when I take my little boy in August, I like what you said about it not being the end of the world if you can't get on a ride (we were there last June and had a great time without anything Genie!)

I'm here---looking forward to it. Your post caught my eye because I don't plan to use Genie+ when I take my little boy in August, I like what you said about it not being the end of the world if you can't get on a ride (we were there last June and had a great time without anything Genie!)
Yeah we have go with the flow attitude. We don't feel need to plan everything out. My boyfriend and I don't have a real interest with the sit down restaurants. The other members our party are doing some, but those are characters dinning for my niece and nephew.

We may buy genie plus on our last day. Just depends how the week goes.

One positive side of Genie+ and ILL (in our opinion) is that you actually don't need to make that decision this far in advance. It's smart to stay open to the idea that you might want to purchase G+ and/or an ILL one of the days to perhaps ride something you couldn't get on earlier in the week. If it's going to be another 26 years until you get back to WDW again, I'd want to experience as much as I could!! Hope you have a great time. There will be some things you remember from pervious trips, but most will seem new! Enjoy!

One positive side of Genie+ and ILL (in our opinion) is that you actually don't need to make that decision this far in advance. It's smart to stay open to the idea that you might want to purchase G+ and/or an ILL one of the days to perhaps ride something you couldn't get on earlier in the week. If it's going to be another 26 years until you get back to WDW again, I'd want to experience as much as I could!! Hope you have a great time. There will be some things you remember from pervious trips, but most will seem new! Enjoy!
Yes this what I like about genie plus. We can use it if we need to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter