25 Point Add-On

buzzrelly

DIS Veteran
Just curious…If I decided to add-on 25 points direct from Disney, could I add them onto my home resort and use-year? Or would they make me add them onto one of the resorts they are currently selling?

If they do not have your current resort and your current UY points, you could go on a waitlist. Although it has been mentioned here that there is not a waitlist for the VGC. I bought BCV direct from a waitlist.

Just curious…If I decided to add-on 25 points direct from Disney, could I add them onto my home resort and use-year? Or would they make me add them onto one of the resorts they are currently selling?

Depends on what mood they are in. They switch back and forth, sales slow, they sell older resorts, sales brisk, they limit sales to new, more profitable resorts.

Call your guide for current mood.

:earsboy: Bill

If they do not have your current resort and your current UY points, you could go on a waitlist. Although it has been mentioned here that there is not a waitlist for the VGC. I bought BCV direct from a waitlist.

Depends on what mood they are in. They switch back and forth, sales slow, they sell older resorts, sales brisk, they limit sales to new, more profitable resorts.

Call your guide for current mood.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks! I'll call tomorrow :-)

I'd get up with DVC, if you can't get what you want now, keep trying. Even if they won't do a formal wait list, try go get your guide to do it unofficially.

In addition to what was said, DVC salespeople will try to steer you to a purchase that is most convenient, even if it isn't necessarily what you want. If you make it clear that the choices are to purchase what you specifically want or not to purchase at all, it will incentivize them to find you exactly what you are looking for. Good luck!

Thanks, everyone. My guide did try to tell me that I couldn't buy a different use year (I want these extra points strictly for the Food & Wine festival), but I told him that I would buy them elsewhere and (shocking!), all of a sudden I COULD do it. I was a little annoyed by the whole process, but considering it's done and I already have a reservation booked with those points, it was worth it to me.

Yes, it seems DVC changes their policies to get sales. I remember they were pushing for us to buy 160 points direct suggesting this is the minimum buy-in but then said 100 points was the real minimum. After a few conversations they said that we could buy 50 points if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter