22 Days at Bonnet Creek -Live Trip Report

Day 13 - Friday 19th August
Was awake early and at the pool by 9am for Aqua Aerobics. It was a glorious morning. Clear blue skies. David joined me after the class and we stayed for a while and then went back to wake Henry up. This is first year I have felt really comfortable leaving him in the room alone but only if we are still on site. Not sure I am brave enough for us both to go anywhere without him.
So at 11 we drove over to Fort Wilderness again and hired one of the sun trackers. Wanted to do this for so many years but never got around to it. There was no one else waiting. We were given full instructions which I found a bit nerve wrecking. Just kept thinking about those big ferries but was assured that it would be pretty hard not to avoid them. So David started off and was doing such a great job I let him drive the whole time. We went the whole way round the seven seas lagoon, past MK, grand Floridian, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Discovery Island and then back to base. It was just so nice sitting, or should I say lounging around for an hour. Definitely want to do it again before we go. Would be nice to have a few more people with us though. You can have 10 on the boat and if you did it would be a very reasonable price. I thought $45 for 30 minutes was pretty good,$93 for an hour. We had a little bit of an issue coming in to dock as there was a Fort Wilderness ferry there but the guys on the deck helped us.
Our two visits to FW have really made me want to stay there again. Maybe next Christmas for a few days.
So Henry really wanted to go back to Cheesecake Factory so we got into I 4 and were there in 25 minutes. Had a great meal. I had these lettuce wraps which were so good, David had fish and chips again and Henry had best chicken burger I ever saw. Then of course, two bits of cheesecake. The meal was excellent. $68. Well worth it. Pottered round the mall till 4 and were whizzing around the not so lazy river at aquatica by 4.30. In the car on the way there the temperature read 102! Was still busy there but raced around the slides and headed home at close.
It had been a long day so just relaxed back in the room and went for a swim about 8pm. Pool was busy but everyone was having so much fun. At the other pool there was a disco. Unfortunately Henry had grown out of all these things now. He use to love all the activities when he was younger and would join in everything.
So loved today. Only 9 more full days left. Plenty of time to have a lot of fun.

We rented a SunTracker from OKW, went to DTD and back on it, great fun.

Love renting the boats too. I always let DH drive. Although DD likes the sea racers, but not sure if they are back in the water yet. Did you see any?

That's a great upgrade. Your holiday sounds very chilled and loving all your off site dining options.

We rented a boat once when DD was little, agree it is fun. Sounds like you are having a fantastic time.

Day 14 - Saturday 20th August
Up early for Sea World this morning. Didn't have time for my swim. Took 20 minutes to drive to SW. Another great thing about BC is that while being perfect for Disney it's also close enough to all the other attractions.
So Henry wanted to ride Maku so went straight there. David and I considered riding for all of 10 seconds then decided against it. We got a great view of Henry going round. He said it was scary mainly due to only having a lap harness. He said he felt like he was going to fall out. Just aswell I didn't go on it then! He went straight on Manta after that and we took a nice stroll around the park. David and I are going back on our own next Saturday to watch the shows. The plan was just to spend a short morning here as the guys wanted to watch the English football at 12.30. I was quite happy with that as it was baking hot. So Henry went on Kraken and unfortunately Atlantis was down all morning. Really looking forward to going back next week. That's the problem with 16 year olds, they just want the roller coasters. We have never left Henry to go to a park on our own but Sea World is close enough and he wants to watch the football again. We have our phones so sure it will be fine. He's very sensible.
So we stopped at Denny's on the way back, Henry's choice. It was good. All had club sandwiches again plus a $2 stack of pancakes. First time I ever had pancakes here. Don't think I'll have anymore. $34 bill.
I spent two hours at the pool which was good but had to sit in shade when I wasn't in the pool. Just so hot.
Henry and I decided to head over to the AMC to see Star Trek. We both enjoyed it.
Back at BC we took a while deciding where to go for dinner. Friends have been telling us for years to go to Ichiban so we headed over to Kissimmee (now that I know the quick way). I was a bit reluctant about going in, not a fan of those Chinese buffets, wouldn't dream of going to one usually but they also have sushi here which swung it for me along with the fact it was packed so I thought it must be ok. There was a huge selection of food which mostly looked good. I stuck with sushi and fish and green beans which were fantastic. I stayed away from the meat. I'm totally paranoid after getting food poisoning from an Indian buffet over 20 years ago. Anyway, the food was very good. The guys loved it and never had any reservations about trying everything on the menu.
The bill was $40. You really could go crazy in there and plenty of people were making the most of it one thing I hate though is when you see piles of uneaten food on peoples plates. I always tell Henry to just get small amounts and that he can go back.
So back home to BC. A late swim and off to bed.

Day 15 - Sunday 21st August
Had no plans for today. So up and down for a swim. Still the only person there each morning so can do lengths uninterrupted. David gave up getting up with me on day 3!! I don't mind though. Everyone likes different things on holiday. I'm one of those people who doesn't want to waste anytime, even on a 22 night holiday.
So back in the room we decided to see an early show of War Dogs. If you go before midday it's only $5. We are big movie fans and probably see 100 a year at the cinema back home. My friends can never understand why we go on holiday but in this heat you just can't stay out in it all day every day so it's a perfect distraction. Anyway, messed up a little as film was only on at fork and dine but actually it was fun. Only cost an extra $2. Henry ordered chicken dippers and the most amazing milkshake that actually had a choc ice sticking out of it. We just had drinks and half way through the movie ordered another milkshake to share. It wasn't cheap but it was fun. We loved the film and some laugh out loud moments.
So we had a quick stroll after but too hot so back to BC and more pool time, Henry went to the gym. He's been going to the hotel one most days.
We had dinner reservations at Roy's. Had a travelzoo voucher for two four course meals. It had cost $59. The food was outstanding. The guys had the deal and I had the summer set menu. Food was so good but it is a lot more expensive than other places but you really could tell the difference. Service was excellent. I would go back.
It was nice to dress up. Think it's the first time since I have been here that I bothered to blow dry my hair! Definitely not a place you can go to straight from a waterpark.
So another great day.

Day 16 - Monday 22nd August
So you can guess what I did this morning. Down by the pool for a swim but not till 9am. I really could have slept till midday today, so tired but don't want to get into the habit of sleeping late as back to work the day after I get back and don't want to be too jet lagged.
Let Henry have a long lay in though. Went to Aqua Zumba at 11am which was so much fun. There are lots of activities at Bonnet Creek. If I ever get the IPad off Henry and David I'll take a photo of the schedule.
Dropped David off at Premium Outlets afterwards. I don't know how he walks around that place in the day time, so hot. It hasn't rained for four days and no sign of it today either.
Henry and I stayed at pool 4 then had lunch there which is always good. They also do great smoothies.
We met David at 2.30pm. Henry wanted to buy more stuff from Addidas. We are in Aquatica by 3.15. It was still packed. I can't remember if I already said that I think it's a bit mean if them to be closing the park at 5pm when it's still this hot and so many British people here. I think it should be open till 7pm. Didn't even bother with slides as so busy but happy with lazy river and waves. When we were there the temperature read 102 and that was when the park closed. We didn't rush to leave and waited about 30 minutes. It was nice just sitting there chatting. No one was hurrying us along.
We went to Carrabba's for dinner for Amore Mondays. Can't believe it was two weeks since we were there. If you do go there be sure to go on a Monday and ask for the Amore Mondays menu. They don't give it to you automatically. It's great value and you get alot of food. We had a lovely time there. Henry told us s joke which had us laughing out loud.
What's the difference between Dubai and Abu Dabi?
Dubai don't like the Flintstones but Abu Dabi Do!!!
Sorry, I guess you had to be there. On the way home We stopped at Winn Dixie and we all know you can't go to Winn Dixie without also going to Twistee Treat. Henry argued that David hadn't had dessert so we stopped off and got two tubs to take away. On the drive home Henry took requests for all our favourite songs and played them on his phone and we all sung loudly. It was one of those special family moments.
Back at BC now, have a busy day ahead as going to Busch Gardens the SeaWorld shuttle. I can't face driving there again. Two years ago I was so nervous as getting lost. Took the shuttle last year and so much more civilised. Looking forward to Cobras curse. I hope the rain doesn't finally come tomorrow as that would be a real pain at BG as everything is outside.
So another good day. Only six more full days.

Day 17 - Tuesday 23rd August
Up early as we were off to Busch Gardens today. I drove two years ago and hated it so last year took the shuttle from Sea World and thought it was excellent. So a few days ago I reserved our places online and said the bus left at 9.15. Same thing last year and we had got there at 9 only to notice that buses already leaving as soon as they were full up. So got there at 8.45 and were on the road at 8.55. Nice smooth trip and were inside BG heading towards Cobras Curse by 10.20. No queues yet so went on a couple of times and loved it. Both times it got stuck so there was then a delay starting it up again. It's such a cool ride if you are someone like me who wouldn't dream of going on the big coasters. We bought Henry a unlimited wrist band. As he was going to have to ride all the big ones alone I just wanted him to be able to get straight on as not much fun standing in line on your own. Weren't really many queues all day and to be honest could probably have not bothered but he got to ride loads so he was happy.
We had lunch at the Serengeti Overlook place. A really good buffet for $19 each. Lovely salad, vegetables, fried chicken, fish, pork, paella, desserts. Was so nice to be inside. I think without a doubt it's the warmest I have ever been at a theme park. I felt like I was melting. After lunch Henry went off on his own and we saw the ice skating show. Had never seen it before but we thought it was excellent. We jumped on the Sky Ride for the second time and headed over to meet Henry for 4pm. I think he had had enough of the heat by then so we all watched the Motor City Groove show which is also very good. Thankfully they have moved it inside now so more air con, lovely. After that we had an hour to our bus so we looked at the Tigers and then took the long walk back. I was so happy the bus was there already and we got on and everyone ther by 5.50 so we left early. It was a great day. Would have loved for Henry to have had someone with him today but he still had fun. Big thunderstorm just as we left BG which was very welcome as cooled everything down a bit. Back at Seaworld by 7.10pm.
We were still full from lunch so headed home to BC. I couldn't wait to go swimming. Thankfully stormed had either passed or hadn't hit here atall. Either way the pools were busy with people having fun. Henry went to the Gym and we met up afterwards. The sound asleep by 10pm.

Will consider the Serengeti Overlook buffet in October, we once did the Garden gate café which was a pizza buffet, ok but we are not big pizza fans.
We usually eat at Zambia Smokehouse but its gone up to about $17 for the platter so might try the buffet.
Did $19 include drink? hopefully Annual Pass discount available.

Will consider the Serengeti Overlook buffet in October, we once did the Garden gate café which was a pizza buffet, ok but we are not big pizza fans.
We usually eat at Zambia Smokehouse but its gone up to about $17 for the platter so might try the buffet.
Did $19 include drink? hopefully Annual Pass discount available.
They asked us if we were AP holders so assume there's a discount. Didn't include drinks but I have conditioned myself only to have water nowadays. I was drinking far to many fizzy drinks. I thought it was great value.

Offer for AP holders in Oct is BOGOF on beer at Busch but one of us will be driving :)
I try drink more water, have been since I started my diet in Jan but I am not a fan of plain water, prefer something in it so usually end up ordering a diet coke.
In a few years we will get more benefits than we pay for AP's. We tied in to a price of $120/year for both BG & SW, $60/park for life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter