215 children

More than likely, if they were told anything, it was that they ran away. What is more likely is that it really was not questioned, because people were afraid of bringing attention to themselves, for fear of what else the authorities might do to them as punishment for daring to question.

Also, Pea-n-Me is right; it's global. Do some research on Kipling and "The White Man's Burden" to understand the flawed thinking that fueled it, even among people who had no personal opportunity to gain from it.

It isn’t limited to race either. Throughout the world peoples have used one reason or another to attack, undermine, kill, kidnap, and enslave those around them. I don’t want to say that it’s “human nature” but clearly at one point - up to the not so distant past - it really was. I guess we should be relieved that we are somewhat improving as we enter, what, our sixth? millennia of “recorded” history. That didn’t take long...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter