• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$207 Base for VGF2. Great incentives!

Gosh I hope so, especially at resorts where they'll be able to fold them into existing condo associations and therefore no Riviera-style restrictions. Convert another floor at Jambo FTW!

The AKL chart is too retro, even the Club Level. They'd have to make a new room category. Prices might be all over the place, but charts go one direction.

The AKL chart is too retro, even the Club Level. They'd have to make a new room category. Prices might be all over the place, but charts go one direction.
Savanna View is priced slightly above Copper Creek, and Standard View is priced below Copper Creek. That feels appropriate to me. It might be SLIGHTLY below what they'd come out with if they started it from scratch in 2022, but I don't think it's the crazy outlier that Old Key West is.

Wow, this is lower than resale has been for quite some time.

I know everyone is all excited WOW YAY CHEAP. But now I'm worried about the value of my points. What is DVC doing? This puts years worth of buyers at multiple resorts underwater because resale is being undercut by the developer trying to fling cheap points.

DVC has many tools they can use to undercut resale and devalue points. This wasn't historically DVC's strategy. In fact, DVC's strategy was the reverse, to hold value with ROFR and price new stuff higher and higher. And so, points went higher and higher. Pricing this cheap is a reversal of strategy IMO and this is not a good sign for the long term plans by DVC, assuming you care about the value of your points.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-january-2022/

I really don’t believe DVD ever cared about resale value and it’s impact for owners.

It did well because people wanted a timeshare near Disney. I mean I sold BWV in March 2020 for only $117 point,, just.before Covid.

I think this is a response to the overall hit the sales too from the pandemic and other things going on and that maybe the product reached its high sustainable direct price.

All DVD cares about is sales right now and this will do it for many.

Walking to parks is such a major perk
You think so? "Walking to parks" is a huge perk at like... Grand Cal. But I've never understood the appeal of walking into the rear entrance of Epcot. Walking under Spaceship Earth while that techno-retro-futuristic soundtrack bops is how I always want to enter Epcot.

(I say this as a huge Yacht Club fan.)

I just don’t want them coming to my home resort and start adding points selling hotel rooms. The booking competition for the main building villas is going to be intense now at VGF. I’m fine with them picking some other hotel and convert into DVC with its own association. That wouldn’t affect the current owners like this project will.

I just don’t want them coming to my home resort and start adding points selling hotel rooms. The booking competition for the main building villas is going to be intense now at VGF. I’m fine with them picking some other hotel and convert into DVC with its own association. That wouldn’t affect the current owners like this project will.
You're assuming existing VGF owners aren't going to be booking rooms in the new building, only the other way around.

My prediction is that 1BR and 2BR will end up slightly more competitive, but that Deluxe Studios should be a bit easier to get.

207 direct is not cheap.

The resale market is literally out of control and that has deluded everyone into thinking this is a firesale.

DVC is not ‘undercutting’ resale, they are simply selling at the same price they always do but have woken up to provide more of the product people seem to want to overpay for.

The 30%+ jump in the resale market is the issue here… I am fascinated to watch all those contracts priced 200$+ plummet for a while. But never have we had an opportunity where the delta between resale and direct was essentially non existent.

You're assuming existing VGF owners aren't going to be booking rooms in the new building, only the other way around.

My prediction is that 1BR and 2BR will end up slightly more competitive, but that Deluxe Studios should be a bit easier to get.
Have to wait to see what size the ripple is. Meanwhile I’ll be sitting here in my cheaper seats waiting for the new 7 month options.

Wow, this is lower than resale has been for quite some time.

I know everyone is all excited WOW YAY CHEAP. But now I'm worried about the value of my points. What is DVC doing? This puts years worth of buyers at multiple resorts underwater because resale is being undercut by the developer trying to fling cheap points.

DVC has many tools they can use to undercut resale and devalue points. This wasn't historically DVC's strategy. In fact, DVC's strategy was the reverse, to hold value with ROFR and price new stuff higher and higher. And so, points went higher and higher. Pricing this cheap is a reversal of strategy IMO and this is not a good sign for the long term plans by DVC, assuming you care about the value of your points.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-january-2022/
DVC cares 0.0% about the value of your resale contract. That’s why they drop ROFR any time prices are falling. They care about selling the 10 million points across 3 resorts - $2 Billion dollars of inventory on their books - they have on their balance sheet.

207 direct is not cheap.

The resale market is literally out of control and that has deluded everyone into thinking this is a firesale.

DVC is not ‘undercutting’ resale, they are simply selling at the same price they always do but have woken up to provide more of the product people seem to want to overpay for.

The 30%+ jump in the resale market is the issue here… I am fascinated to watch all those contracts priced 200$+ plummet for a while. But never have we had an opportunity where the delta between resale and direct was essentially non existent.
I agree with this. Resale prices experienced a dramatic increase due to high demand and lack of supply. Now that supply seems to have stabilized, prices should decrease. Disney is being smart with this pricing, although I still think it is too high overall, I'm sure it will sell at the price point they've chosen.

base price for VGF2. In add on tool. "Save up to $1500". $179 pp at 300 points!!! I missed it by a dollar!

PSA: Remember to have them remove title insurance when you make your purchase!
Question about title insurance. Do they try to add for all cash contracts. I don’t recall if I paid this or not when I bought my direct cash contract?

base price for VGF2. In add on tool. "Save up to $1500". $179 pp at 300 points!!! I missed it by a dollar!

PSA: Remember to have them remove title insurance when you make your purchase!

so you don’t need title insurance? They will let you do without ?

Gosh I hope so, especially at resorts where they'll be able to fold them into existing condo associations and therefore no Riviera-style restrictions. Convert another floor at Jambo FTW!
If there is another hotel conversion for deluxe to DVC, we would love to see more rooms at Jambo!
We like the rooms and the points chart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter