$207 Base for VGF2. Great incentives!

Calling
True, but it is a 20% difference right now. I do think that shrinks, but mainly because RIV will stay pretty much the same for a while, while VGF goes up.
I think RIV will always have high fees due to the cost of the skyline which has a stop at RIV and since riv is all dvc then dvc shoulders its cost.

Ahhh I don't know what to do now. Keep BLT or buy VGF. I love the 1BR at BLT but I can usually at least get lake view which is fine. At 200 pts we'd be saving $3200 and still have a monorail resort, which was the main objective.

I almost hedged my bets yesterday with BLT…but guide said not to waste my time as I’d be pleased today. Sure am!

Ahhh I don't know what to do now. Keep BLT or buy VGF. I love the 1BR at BLT but I can usually at least get lake view which is fine. At 200 pts we'd be saving $3200 and still have a monorail resort, which was the main objective.
Look at the point chart and compare. This might help you decide. I think we will pass on GF2 because of it. We love the 2 bed at Copper Creek and the points are much lower.

Look at the point chart and compare. This might help you decide. I think we will pass on GF2 because of it. We love the 2 bed at Copper Creek and the points are much lower.
I was just doing that. We want split stays with monorail resort for a few nights, then Riviera. Want to own to be able to get standard view 1BR. For Nov 26 - 29 this year, a standard 1BR VGF is 186 pts, while BLT is 104. That's abysmal! Our points definitely would go farther at BLT. But the 16 pp price difference is so attractive, sigh.

I was just doing that. We want split stays with monorail resort for a few nights, then Riviera. Want to own to be able to get standard view 1BR. For Nov 26 - 29 this year, a standard 1BR VGF is 186 pts, while BLT is 104. That's abysmal! Our points definitely would go farther at BLT. But the 16 pp price difference is so attractive, sigh.
Never mind, that calculator is not right! It's 133 for VGF 1BR st

I have two VGF resale contracts (150/130). Now I’m considering selling those and then buying 3x100 points direct. I will just about break even, and will essentially launder those resale contracts into direct contracts.

I have two VGF resale contracts (150/130). Now I’m considering selling those and then buying 3x100 points direct. I will just about break even, and will essentially launder those resale contracts into direct contracts.
If you can sell them at that price. I think it would be doubtful given that new buyers can do same as you and buy direct for maybe just a bit more in April.

If you can sell them at that price. I think it would be doubtful given that new buyers can do same as you and buy direct for maybe just a bit more in April.

it will be interesting to see what resale prices do. Keep in mind, incentives for 150/130 bring it down to $197 I believe…whereas my direct price for $300 would be $185ish including closing costs.

this would also combine my two use years.

it will be interesting to see what resale prices do. Keep in mind, incentives for 150/130 bring it down to $197 I believe…whereas my direct price for $300 would be $185ish including closing costs.

this would also combine my two use years.
I think it's a good idea to switch to direct, especially to combine your UYs. I was just saying you might not break even, so maybe be okay with that going in.

I assume if you did like 150 at GF and 150 at RIV you only get there 150 price pp at each instead of a 300 point price?

Wow, this is lower than resale has been for quite some time.

I know everyone is all excited WOW YAY CHEAP. But now I'm worried about the value of my points. What is DVC doing? This puts years worth of buyers at multiple resorts underwater because resale is being undercut by the developer trying to fling cheap points.

DVC has many tools they can use to undercut resale and devalue points. This wasn't historically DVC's strategy. In fact, DVC's strategy was the reverse, to hold value with ROFR and price new stuff higher and higher. And so, points went higher and higher. Pricing this cheap is a reversal of strategy IMO and this is not a good sign for the long term plans by DVC, assuming you care about the value of your points.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-january-2022/

Wow, this is lower than resale has been for quite some time.

I know everyone is all excited WOW YAY CHEAP. But now I'm worried about the value of my points. What is DVC doing? This puts years worth of buyers at multiple resorts underwater because resale is being undercut by the developer trying to fling cheap points.

DVC has many tools they can use to undercut resale and devalue points. This wasn't historically DVC's strategy. In fact, DVC's strategy was the reverse, to hold value with ROFR and price new stuff higher and higher. And so, points went higher and higher. Pricing this cheap is a reversal of strategy IMO and this is not a good sign for the long term plans by DVC, assuming you care about the value of your points.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-january-2022/
Bottom line, anyone who buys into a sold out resort pays a premium. Because of…. Supply and demand.

Disney increased supply, thereby forcing the price to go…. Down

this should not be a surprise. I know some wanted to stick their head in the sand and pretend this wasn’t going to happen. Today was 100% predicable

this should not be a surprise. I know some wanted to stick their head in the sand and pretend this wasn’t going to happen. Today was 100% predicable

If today was predictable, then so are the other moneygrabs. Offsite resorts, bungalows, cheap flips, cheaping out on Blue Card. Yay! I guess none of that was new, and DVC never had the same interests as existing owners.

If today was predictable, then so are the other moneygrabs. Offsite resorts, bungalows, cheap flips, cheaping out on Blue Card. Yay! I guess none of that was new, and DVC never had the same interests as existing owners.
Expect more hotel room conversion. Guaranteed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter