2024 Itineraries/dates & new land trips are on the ABD Website

FYI for anyone contemplating the 2024 Arctic expedition or the February 2024 Antarctica departure, both are now showing as “Now accepting Waitlist”. These previously showed pricing, so I wonder if sign-ups are currently so few. Only the December 2023 Antarctica still shows pricing .

As the title says, the 2024 Itineraries/dates & new land trips are on the ABD Website.

It looks like the new destinations are Morocco, Colombia and Nova Scotia/Prince Edward Island.

They go on sale starting May 9th.

ETA: here's the booking dates:

Booking will begin on the following dates:
May 9, 2023: Previous Adventures by Disney Guests who have traveled on 3 or more Adventures
May 10, 2023: All Previous Adventures by Disney Guests
May 11, 2023: Disney Vacation Club Members, Disney Cruise Line Castaway Club Members and Golden Oak Members
May 12, 2023: General Public

Sayhello
No Spain : (. We canceled because of covid twice and had insurance.. it’s a no go because of my husbands health issues, no refund at all per ABD. It truly saddens me that I cannot even try for 2024 Since that trip isn’t offered. Shame ABD. Be aware when you book

No Spain : (. We canceled because of covid twice and had insurance.. it’s a no go because of my husbands health issues, no refund at all per ABD. It truly saddens me that I cannot even try for 2024 Since that trip isn’t offered. Shame ABD. Be aware when you book
Did ABD say no refund, or did the insurance say no refund? Those are separate issues, even if you bought the insurance through ABD. You have to file a claim with the insurance directly to see if they will re-imburse you.

Sayhello

ABD insurance is also not "cancel for any reason" insurance, and if the condition that precipitated the cancellation was preexisting at the time that the insurance was purchased it may or may not have been covered. Some travel insurance has a preexisting condition waiver if you purchase it within a certain period after booking the trip.

FYI for anyone contemplating the 2024 Arctic expedition or the February 2024 Antarctica departure, both are now showing as “Now accepting Waitlist”. These previously showed pricing, so I wonder if sign-ups are currently so few. Only the December 2023 Antarctica still shows pricing .
February 2024 Antarctica was cancelled. January 2024 was also cancelled and December 2023 now says shared trip with non-ABDers.

February 2024 Antarctica was cancelled. January 2024 was also cancelled and December 2023 now says shared trip with non-ABDers.
Well, that last bit would indicate they are most likely cancelling the 2024 trips because the trip didn't sell well. They feel like they still want this trip from the first season to go, but economically, there weren't enough people for an exclusive use of the ship. Interesting. Thanks for the update!

Sayhello

Last edited:
Well, that last bit would indicate they are most likely cancelling the 2024 trips because the trip didn't sell well. They feel like they still want the first (and I guess only) trip to go, but economically, there weren't enough people for an exclusive use of the ship. Interesting. Thanks for the update!

Sayhello
I really wanted to do Antarctica eventually, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe they'll restart it in a few years when (again, fingers crossed) the global economic situation has improved.

I really wanted to do Antarctica eventually, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe they'll restart it in a few years when (again, fingers crossed) the global economic situation has improved.
If they do, I hope they add South Georgia.... we had already decided against their version because we do want to go there also on the same trip.

For someone not really familiar with the Arctic and Antarctic trips, do they normally share the ship with non-ABD guests, or were past voyages 100% chartered to ABD?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter