2022 Trip Planning Thread

There is a lot of breakthrough infection, so I can't see why testing would be dropped. Double vaccinated people can still carry Covid, can get sick with Covid (just likely to be a much milder case than if they weren't vaxxed), and can certainly still spread Covid.
You're absolutely right... I'm coming at this from the perspective of helping travel/tourism recover financially. It's never going to happen until people know they can come home as planned. I personally believe the next steps will be learning to live with C19 (with effective vaccinations and treatment protocals) as we do with flu etc... and I'm anxious to get to that step 🤷‍♀️

I"m sooo stinking excited...we are officially planning a trip to Florida in February :cheer2: :jumping1: I wasn't sure if we would do it, but we are going to go for it. It is a celebration trip. We had been planning for the last 4+ years to be travelling in 2022 to celebrate some big milestones...and we are going to do it.

We just booked our Sept DVC resort via rented points. We decided the savings and ability to stay deluxe for our entire time at WDW is worth the risk of no refund (though I do wish I’d read this thread and seen that there is an option that will provide a credit but oh well). We are very very excited as we’ve only staying Deluxe for one night, one time.

We also have POFQ booked for May. At this point, with things as they are, we’d likely still go on that trip. Hopefully this winter doesn’t make that change as I am sooooo tired of the cancel/rebook dance!!

The testing requirement sucks and I’d love to see that removed but it is what it is. Also would prefer no masks but again, we shall see how that shakes out. Our biggest concern right now is whether the mixed vaccines will be allowed.

Well our April Fort Wilderness trip may actually happen. Heard the announcement today that the US/Canada land border will finally reopen to non-essential travel in November to those fully vaccinated!! They said they won't accept mixed doses but wonder if they will accept mixed mRNA doses (Phizer/Moderna) or at least suggest a booster to get before travel.

Well our April Fort Wilderness trip may actually happen. Heard the announcement today that the US/Canada land border will finally reopen to non-essential travel in November to those fully vaccinated!! They said they won't accept mixed doses but wonder if they will accept mixed mRNA doses (Phizer/Moderna) or at least suggest a booster to get before travel.
they actually have yet to announce if mixed doses will be accepted, just that any vaccines approved by WHO will be accepted, but that that guidelines for mixed doses should be forthcoming. Hopefully that means there will be some clarity soon.

Holding my breath to see if we can go ahead as planned for our January trip. Universal rooms are booked, DVC rental paid for, tickets purchased, flights purchased, gift cards for restaurants ..
I had all but given up but case counts in Florida are dropping rapidly and significantly , my kids can both come, I have the time off booked , I’m willing , I’m ready … just please approve the vaccine mixing CDC :rolleyes1.

they actually have yet to announce if mixed doses will be accepted, just that any vaccines approved by WHO will be accepted, but that that guidelines for mixed doses should be forthcoming. Hopefully that means there will be some clarity soon.
You're right, I meant to say that they were reviewing that issue. Keeping our fingers crossed ...

This is very exciting news! I think a little part of me thought we were for sure going to have to cancel and now we don't have to! Operation McLeod's Disney 2022 is a go!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/cana...s-mixing-matching-covid-19-vaccines-1.6205993
According to this study out of BCCDC the most effective mix is AZ/PF, so it's really just a matter of time.
I agree. I made an informed decision based on qualified immunologists. I could have had AZ x 2 but the science indicates AZ/Mrna is better, even better than Mrna x 2. Unfortunately AZ has been vilified from the get-go, so we’ll just have to wait until everyone acknowledges the science.

How much do the COVID tests cost in Canada and the US for air travellers? Will land crossing back into Canada require a negative test result? Friends are going to Hawaii later this month and I think it's about $1000+ for them in total.
Tests in Canada are about $200-$500 CAD each (depending on which private lab you use). Canada is still requiring negative tests for entry, land, air, marine rail, for now.

So this will be asked and answered a million times over I’m sure .. I just want to make sure I have it straight . To fly into the states from Toronto, I require a negative rapid antigen test ( which I’ve confirmed I can get at Shoppers for $40) . Is this correct ?

So this will be asked and answered a million times over I’m sure .. I just want to make sure I have it straight . To fly into the states from Toronto, I require a negative rapid antigen test ( which I’ve confirmed I can get at Shoppers for $40) . Is this correct ?

Yes.

Thank you . I just read on redflagdeals that there are several Toronto and Ottawa Costco locations that do this test for $15 . I’ll check if ours does too . Otherwise Shoppers is two minutes from here and it will be convenient to go there a day or two before we leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter