• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2022 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival (July 14 - November 19, 2022)

I'm not sure what to think. I think the lack of a dedicated festival center factors into things as well. I have to think the events were profitable, but they had scaled them way back even pre-pandemic. If Disney chooses not to continue the events (which would be such a shame) I hope that the individual third-party-operated restaurants like La Hacienda, Via Napoli, Monsieur Paul, Takumi Tei etc. resume hosting their special meals.
Me too! We did the tequila pairing lunch in 2019 and it was amazing. I've been stalking and impatiently waiting for any sign of 2022 events so I can try to book it again for DH but nada. I also wonder if they would price me out. The lunch was $89 pp for a 4 course meal but they're getting over $150 pp for just tequila and chips now at La Cava so I can only image the cost might skyrocket.

Especially happy that a booth or two we really wanted is opening August 11 which is 2 days before we will be there. They were originally opening later in the festival.

First time hearing about Remy’s Hide and Squeak! Will someone please share details of the game- cost, where to purchase, and how to play? Thank you!!

First time hearing about Remy’s Hide and Squeak! Will someone please share details of the game- cost, where to purchase, and how to play? Thank you!!
I'm interested too. Is the prize good? $109 for a scavenger hunt is pretty steep!!

I usually do the Formage Montage but I'm struggling with some of the offerings this year. Thankfully you can repeat things. I'm not a fan of the cheese soup from Canada (I know blasphemy) and some of the other stuff doesn't tickle my fancy. I'm guessing I'm getting all the mac and cheese, the cheese bread from Brazil and all the raclette swiss cheese offerings from The Alps. There are booths that the food doesn't appeal but I try to get at least one thing from every booth so I'm guessing I'll be drinking a lot of refreshing adult beverages.

I usually do the Formage Montage but I'm struggling with some of the offerings this year. Thankfully you can repeat things. I'm not a fan of the cheese soup from Canada (I know blasphemy) and some of the other stuff doesn't tickle my fancy. I'm guessing I'm getting all the mac and cheese, the cheese bread from Brazil and all the raclette swiss cheese offerings from The Alps. There are booths that the food doesn't appeal but I try to get at least one thing from every booth so I'm guessing I'll be drinking a lot of refreshing adult beverages.

We usually do the Fromage Montage but decided we probably won’t. Many repeat items and a few just don’t “hit”. Plus so many other things we want this year instead. We will see day of what we feel like doing.

I'm interested too. Is the prize good? $109 for a scavenger hunt is pretty steep!!

Here's a summary of the 2021 Hide & Squeak hunt from Disney Food Blog. You can also search on YouTube to see other summaries although I'll caution that hiding places are sometimes repeated so if you want to be "spoiler-free" maybe skip it.

It's ~$8 (Annual Pass discount can be applied). Typically, can purchase in one of the stores at the base of Future World or the store at International Gateway as well as in certain merchandise kiosks around World Showcase. You get a map and stickers and the idea is to hunt for a Remy statue (he's holding various ingredients) in each of the countries and put your sticker on the map when you find it (check the map - I think there have been some years that there wasn't a statue in certain countries). They could always switch it up but generally the statues have been hidden outdoors (as opposed to inside shops, attractions, restaurants).

The prizes can vary but typically something in the ~$5-10 range in terms of quality (prizes have been cups, water bottles, square sandwich containers) and there are usually a few options featuring different characters but it's generally not something available for purchase -- i.e. the only way to get it is through the hunt. As someone mentioned, some prizes can run out toward the end of the festival - particularly for popular characters. We also saw at the beginning of the Flower & Garden festival this year that supply chain issues resulted in the prizes not being available at the very beginning of the festival and so they continued using the prizes from the holiday festival for a while.

The hunt does not have to be finished in one day. Can redeem for prize anytime during the festival (subject to prize availability -- will always be something, just maybe not what you had your eye on). And it's honor system -- they don't check to see if you found anything. You can redeem for prize immediately after purchase -- I do this often if it's a prize I really want and/or I don't think I'll be going to want to stop later. They will stamp the back of your map as "prize redeemed" and then give you back the map to continue hunting or as a souvenir.

It's designed for kids but I do it myself almost every year. I think it's a fun activity while you're sipping and strolling. If you're not interested in the prize and don't want the map to keep track of your progress, totally possible to DIY and just poke around every country to find them - statues are "hidden" out in the open for anyone/everyone to find.

I see Emile’s Fromage Montage is also back (my parents and I started saying it to each other during our trip last year and it’s become a fun little inside joke). Brew-wing looks really good this year! And I want the chicken dumplings from China those were so good

I think the menus look good though are there less offerings than usual? I feel like there were more booths the last few years.

The Alps - the new cheese with pears and cranberry bread sounds interesting. And it's a option for the fromage montage. We also always love trying any flight so will probably get that as well.

Australia - Eh, I wish they'd change up the food options eventually. I know the lamb is crazy popular, but I never see the shrimp dish hyped over. We'll probably go for the wine flight and skip the rest.

Appleseed Orchard - We'll probably get the beer and cider flights and skip the other options.

Belguim - The waffles are always one of DW's must gets. The fruit ale sounds interesting to me.

Brazil - booth might be a skip for us unless we get the cheese bread for the fromage montage or if I challenge us to try at least one item from every booth again.

Brew-Wing - I want to try both the beer and cider flights. And I love brussel sprouts, so we may get those too.

Canada - probably a skip for us unless we try something from every booth. I was hoping to see a seafood option on the menu, but no dice.

Coastal Eats - the scampi dip is a repeat, but one we know we enjoy. I bet the chardonnay there would pair well with it.

China - we'll go for the drinks

Earth Eats - we love the slider, can't wait to try the meatball dish. The strawberry drink sounds refreshing too.

Flavors From Fire - we might try the dessert

France - we always try the escargot and creme brulee options. We'll also try the cheese beignet, mimosa, and slushie drink.

Fry Basket - honestly everything, though the sweet potato fries sound the most interesting to me

Germany - I always love the Schofferhofer options, and pineapple will be new to me

Greece - we'll be getting the cheese, spanakopita, and the wine flight. Greece is always one of our favorite booths and we were not okay when it wasn't included

Hawaii - ugh, wish there was a seafood option. We'll probably get the cheesecake, but it's not a priority.

Hops & Barley - shocked to see the lobster roll gone, but perfectly happy to have a crab slider in it's place. We also really like the carrot cake and will probably try all the drinks here.

Does the candy sushi usually happen as a special event or would that normally be on the regular menus? That’s one thing my kids are really hoping to do.

India - we love Indian food so will probably try the cheese and samosas.

Ireland - we haven't been to F&W since 2019 and haven't been since the fisherman's pie was on the menu since 2016. It's hands down one of our favorite festival items. We really like the Guinness shake too.

Italy - the gnocchi and the panna cotta both sound good, but we're always disappointed in the options here

Japan - we'll go for both of the sushi sounding dishes, and the lemon drink and apple sake

Kenya - we might get the shrimp. We love African food, but I don't remember the shrimp being remarkably memorable.

Mac & Eats - we really loved the chili cheese fries at F&G so I think we'll try the mac and cheese version.

Mexico - will probably try the margaritas, maybe the bread pudding. If MIL is with us she may go for the two savory options

Noodle Exchange - we'll probably try the shrimp and tofu options

Shimmering Sips - we will be trying everything

Spain - eh, might stop for the wine flight

Swanky Saucy Swine - will probably try the strawberry beer and skip the rest

Tangerine Cafe - we'll be trying everything, Morocco is always one of our favorite booths

Funnel Cake - sounds amazing this year

Refreshment Port - that maple cheesecake has been our favorite dessert previously so is obviously a must get

Refreshment Outpost - we'll try the rice and beans dish

We did the tequila pairing lunch in 2019 and it was amazing.
We did that in 2019 as well and loved it! Also enjoyed the Mediterranean and the French lunch. All were amazing. Hoping they come back, but not looking favorable at this point.

The menus look fine, not much really stands out. I feel like all the festivals are starting to blend together and the offerings seem less inspired every year. I see a few dishes that I'd like to try both nothing makes me want to run to Epcot and fork over $8 for a small plate of food. Really wish they bring back some of the experiences....oh well....maybe next year.

I think the menus look good though are there less offerings than usual? I feel like there were more booths the last few years.

I noticed the same thing. Rough count 14 booths have fewer items available, and three booths have been removed from last year, and last year was already more limited than previous years. They did however add one new booth, so at least there's that!

I just wish they would bring back some of the special events like the lunches or PFTS, those are what made the festival really special for us.

I noticed the same thing. Rough count 14 booths have fewer items available, and three booths have been removed from last year, and last year was already more limited than previous years. They did however add one new booth, so at least there's that!

I just wish they would bring back some of the special events like the lunches or PFTS, those are what made the festival really special for us.
Think I'm fairly much done with the Food & Wine festival until they bring back the special events (which may never happen). The beverage seminars and culinary demonstrations were the things I most looked forward to. I went last year and it's just not the same. I had planned on spending 8 to 9 days at the festival this year as I recently retired and this is something that I was looking forward to doing after retirement - being able to really enjoy the festival over an extended period of time. However, with no special events or seminars scheduled again this year, I've decided to return in early December instead to catch the Festival of the Holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter