2021 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Concluded on November 20, 2021

So I was reading some of these recent posts and started searching for some small trays to bring to the festival. Is it worth getting one with a stemmed wine glass cut-out holder? Do drinks at Food and Wine generally come in stemmed glasses or more so in stemless?

Edited to remove the portable, foldable tray I had linked here. I bought it, and am returning it. The bottom is fabric. Not solid. It cannot hold anything useful.

Last edited:
So I was reading some of these recent posts and started searching for some small trays to bring to the festival. Is it worth getting one with a stemmed wine glass cut-out holder? Do drinks at Food and Wine generally come in stemmed glasses or more so in stemless?
Drinks are usually just flat bottomed plastic cups. Champagne/bubbly is in stemmed plastic champagne flutes.

Generally I don't think you'll get that much use of the stem cut-out. The WDW version does have the cut-out but also has a depressed indentation for a flat-bottomed cup. As mentioned above, beer and most frozen drinks (exception- the slushie in France) come in a flat bottomed cup. Wine comes in a glass with a teeny tiny stem (see attached picture - sorry, not the best angle) and is fairly sturdy and easy enough to carry on a regular tray. Champagne/sparkling wine and the slushies in France do come in long-stemmed glasses. If you look at the Disney Food Blog or one of the other sites and scroll through pictures from last year (or search YouTube videos) you can get a good idea of the various cups. For those booths that offer flights (beer or wine), they typically do give you a small try to carry - cardboard or sometimes plastic.

Wine glass example.jpg

Generally I don't think you'll get that much use of the stem cut-out. The WDW version does have the cut-out but also has a depressed indentation for a flat-bottomed cup. As mentioned above, beer and most frozen drinks (exception- the slushie in France) come in a flat bottomed cup. Wine comes in a glass with a teeny tiny stem (see attached picture - sorry, not the best angle) and is fairly sturdy and easy enough to carry on a regular tray. Champagne/sparkling wine and the slushies in France do come in long-stemmed glasses. If you look at the Disney Food Blog or one of the other sites and scroll through pictures from last year (or search YouTube videos) you can get a good idea of the various cups. For those booths that offer flights (beer or wine), they typically do give you a small try to carry - cardboard or sometimes plastic.

View attachment 585542
Drinks are usually just flat bottomed plastic cups. Champagne/bubbly is in stemmed plastic champagne flutes.
Thanks for the help!

Me, here chanting: Menus. Menus. Menus. Menus.

Banging On Table Energized GIF - BangingOnTable Energized Motivated GIFs

I want menus, I want merch details, I special event details (even if Disney says no special events). I want to know it all!!
We have resigned ourselves to no special events but will just have more nice dinners and less daytime structure. Husband bummed that celebrity chefs are highly unlikely this year. Oh well. 2022!!

Edited to remove the portable, foldable tray I had linked here. I bought it, and am returning it. The bottom is fabric. Not solid. It cannot hold anything useful.
I went looking for them after I read your post but couldn't find them....I'm glad now! Thanks for the update! I'm still debating what to do. Anything I bring means I carry it, so I must choose wisely

I have never been to a Food and Wine Festival. Is it worth skipping scheduling a sit down meal and just enjoy the food?

Yeah this was one thing I was considering as well.

However the kids love Garden Grill so our first meal on arrival day will be there.

Otherwise no other TS at Epcot for my trip...

I have never been to a Food and Wine Festival. Is it worth skipping scheduling a sit down meal and just enjoy the food?

The food at the booths are very good, and we typically focus on those options instead of a sit down meal. However, a sit down restaurant is a great way of escaping the Florida climate (heat and/or rain) for an hour or two.

Once the menus are officially posted you'll be able to have a better grasp of if the booths are worth it for you. My DH always wants to try everything new and then have returning favorites. We find that we don't need planned sit down meals because there is so much variety to enjoy at the booths. I am a fairly picky eater so sometimes I may still be a little hungry but I'll grab a funnel cake, something from Kringla or more booze to fill me up. It just depends on your eating likes if the booths really are worth it in the aspect of being a full meal. It's definitely worth the experience to skip the seated meal if you're only in Epcot one day.

I haven't booked any dining (ADRs or QS plans) for Epcot because we'll be there during F&W. Hoping we'll make do. Our last trip was during F&W and we ended up hungry because it was so crowded that we had trouble getting to the booths. I'm hoping that spending more daytime hours there plus mid-August hopefully lower crowds (vs Jersey week) will help us actually enjoy the festival this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter