• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

My game plan for Monday is getting up at 5am CST. That’ll make it 6 Disney time. Do you think that’s early enough or should I do 4am my time?

My game plan for Monday is getting up at 5am CST. That’ll make it 6 Disney time. Do you think that’s early enough or should I do 4am my time?
if you really want FD I would begin looking earlier. In 2016 the offer dropped at 4:00 am Florida time and in 2017 it was 5:30am

If you wait until 6 there will be heavy internet traffic and you'll likely have Stitch eating the page a lot. I'm in EDT and I'm setting my alarm for 3am Monday morning.

So...what does checking a lot mean? Are you checking at 1/2 hour, 15 minutes or 5 minute intervals?

I try to sleep on the couch the night free dining drops. Every time my newf wakes me up checking on me, wondering why mom is on the couch, I check if free dining has dropped. If anyone knows about Newfoundland’s, I am checking a lot!

I know what you mean only too well. However, my guy doesn't want to know if I'm okay, he wants a cookie! pluto: He will be getting a lot of cookies as I will be checking on the hour to see if free dining has dropped.

August and September are not cooler and that's when the majority of the dates will be.
It's hot enough but with the hurricane season we got rained out several times two years in a row. It was cheaper to buy a one day water park ticket than the hopper plus, lately in the fall we skip the water parks completely.

Looking to book Pop on FD for end of November. Haven't stayed there in years so I don't know which building (standard) to request. Also will all of the rooms been refurbished.

I quite enjoyed a 90s room on the edge by parking a couple months ago. It was one of the new rooms. Easy walk to main building along the parking lot.

So...what does checking a lot mean? Are you checking at 1/2 hour, 15 minutes or 5 minute intervals?
For me it is approx 45 min to an hour, once it hits 4:30 or so I will just stay up checking approx ever 10 - 15 min.

Question—I’m a new Disney Visa Card Holder, does the Disney card offer open up same time as free dining for public? Or do I get a code in my email?
In the past the Disney Visa holders were given a few days in advance to book promos before it was released to the general public but that ended a few years ago. Now Dis year may open up a couple of extra weeks in August for DV holders but that is normally all we get. The promos are now opened to everyone at the same time. If you get a pin code, then it’s a bonus!

SO... is there any chatter out there from the canonical, "reliable" sources about Monday being FD Drop Day? If it was happening on Monday, wouldn't there be a fair amount of speculation and hinting out there? I'm not seeing anything...
Seems like it! I keep checking here hoping something hits lol

I thought the SA rumor was for a Tuesday release. I know Monday’s have been more common but I kept seeing the 24th!

Yeah, I think the rumor date for SA was for 4/24, but because it's dropped on a Monday for the past few years, some people are saying it'll probably drop 4/23 instead. I feel kind of bad that people might need to get up super early 2 mornings in a row to catch it, but it'll be worth it for those who do, I'm sure! We got the deal two years ago when it dropped around 3am our time (CST). Our first booking was easy because we were one of the first, but then when we tried to get a second booking for my in-laws, the website kept crashing. That one took like an hour to book! Have your account signed in and be ready to go, go, go when the offer drops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter