2018 Food and Wine Dates?

EliciaKeys

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a newbie lol. I searched for the 2018 food and wine dates but came up with nada. Is it always around the same time every year? TIA!

Considering the 2017 festival just started, dates won't be out for next year for a couple months. All of October can be expected, but how early it starts and how late it goes is very much up in the air.

Considering the 2017 festival just started, dates won't be out for next year for a couple months. All of October can be expected, but how early it starts and how late it goes is very much up in the air.
Ok, thank you so much for replying!

The festival has grown in recent years. To be safe, plan for October. Last year, it included the last two weeks of September, and this year it was expanded to all of September. Last year, it included the first week of November, and this year it expanded to two weeks in November.

F & W originally was an October event. It has been expanded considerably over the past few years. First it was extended to cover the first week of November. Then they went to starting it the last weekend in September. Next they extended it to cover the Veteran's Day Holiday weekend. I believe last year was when they started mid September to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the festival. This year they expanded to 75 days & started even earlier including the last weekend of August. Safe bet is it will be at least 6 weeks long and include the entire month of October. Based on recent history I would guess that all of September is likely also. It's a huge money maker for Disney so I doubt they will shorten it again but you never know. I don't think they will go beyond the Veteran's Day weekend in November because that would impact the Holiday events in EPCOT. They need time to transition the park from F & W to Epcot International Festival of the Holidays. While they do start transitioning during the last week or so of F & W already they try not to have too much overlap of the Holiday decorations.

Based on the way this event has been expanding, August 15-November 15 is likely where this is eventually headed. Only half kidding.

Dates have not been released. For 2017 the dates were August 31 - November 13.For 2018, I would expect the dates to be similar, maybe starting even a few days earlier. Nobody will know for sure until they release the dates.

They added two weeks last year and two more weeks this year. I think they’ll stick with the same duration next year; I can’t imagine they’d expand it even more.

My guess is August 30th to November 12th next year.

I’m wondering the same thing. Husband and I are heading down for our anniversary and want to go during food and wine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter