• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 Dlx DP questions

Dizjunkieee

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We decided to add the Dlx DP to one of our 2 rooms (two separate ressies). We are 4 adults (2 in each room) and plan to share our 54 TS credits, 36 snacks, & two mugs amongst the 4 of us. I really am trying to maximize the use of credits and have some great dining planned for us. Following are a couple questions I wonder if anyone can answer with certainty:
  • I've read that Via Napoli won't allow sharing of a credit if we wanted to something like use 2 credits for the 4 of us and get two apps & a couple large pizza's to share. It this so? Seems odd to me. And if it is true, are there other spots that also won't allow sharing? I do know that any "all you care to enjoy" meals are not sharable.
  • Anyone have experience on what adult beverages are included?
TIA!

It is true that Via Napoli will not allow using single credits to feed multiple people.*

Besides, you cannot order large pizzas at VN using dining credits anyway. Only the individual pizzas are allowable to be ordered using the DDP.

*There is ONE poster here that insists that she has been able to use one credit to feed more than one person. I would simply refer to her as an exception, since everyone else reports that sharing/splitting is not allowed.

• Anyone have experience on what adult beverages are included?

If you'll go over to the dining plan sub-forum, there is an entire thread dedicated to the 2018 dining plan changes and has multiple posts with lots of experiences. It's a sticky, so it should be easy to find.

I've read that Via Napoli won't allow sharing of a credit if we wanted to something like use 2 credits for the 4 of us and get two apps & a couple large pizza's to share.

It is true that you are not able to share credits Via Napoli, but you could use two credits for apps/entrees/deserts, and then order a large pizza OOP for the other two in your party. We had a party of 8, we used 4 credits and then ordered a large pizza for those not using credits. As long as those not using credits order something you will be fine.

I don't think there are any other restaurants that are as strict with credits.

We didn’t eat at Via Napoli but none of the restaurants we ate at were that strict with the credits. At Mama Melrose our server even recommended we use 1 credit to order an app and entree the kids could share rather than using 3 credits on kids meals. As long as it’s not a buffet or family style meal most places don’t mind if you share.

When we've been at Via Napoli, the way it was explained to us was that if we are using the dining plan, everyone must order something. So for our party of 5, we used 3 DxDDP credits, ordered a kid pizza for my 5 year old nephew and I ordered a large salad that the table shared. We had tons of food and got to try several different things. We've used this method several times and it's always been accepted with a smile.

As long as everyone orders something - no matter how small - you're good to go. The waitstaff was even nice about switching out things so that I was paying OOP for the cheapest items.

I also wanted to add that I was once allowed - even encouraged - to combine credits and get a large pizza there. I attribute it to a new manager who is no longer there. (He came over and introduced himself.) I've been to Via Napoli upwards of 10 times and that was the only time I ever heard the "combining credits" thing.

I also wanted to add that I was once allowed - even encouraged - to combine credits and get a large pizza there. I attribute it to a new manager who is no longer there. (He came over and introduced himself.) I've been to Via Napoli upwards of 10 times and that was the only time I ever heard the "combining credits" thing.

Yes, this was allowed at one time, but hasn't been the case for several years now. The only DDP elibible pizzas now are the individual pizzas.

It is true that Via Napoli will not allow using single credits to feed multiple people.*

Besides, you cannot order large pizzas at VN using dining credits anyway. Only the individual pizzas are allowable to be ordered using the DDP.

*There is ONE poster here that insists that she has been able to use one credit to feed more than one person. I would simply refer to her as an exception, since everyone else reports that sharing/splitting is not allowed.
Super. Thank you! :)

If you'll go over to the dining plan sub-forum, there is an entire thread dedicated to the 2018 dining plan changes and has multiple posts with lots of experiences. It's a sticky, so it should be easy to find.
Good to know - will go there now. Thanks!!

It is true that you are not able to share credits Via Napoli, but you could use two credits for apps/entrees/deserts, and then order a large pizza OOP for the other two in your party. We had a party of 8, we used 4 credits and then ordered a large pizza for those not using credits. As long as those not using credits order something you will be fine.

I don't think there are any other restaurants that are as strict with credits.
That clarification helps tremendously. Thanks so much!

When we've been at Via Napoli, the way it was explained to us was that if we are using the dining plan, everyone must order something. So for our party of 5, we used 3 DxDDP credits, ordered a kid pizza for my 5 year old nephew and I ordered a large salad that the table shared. We had tons of food and got to try several different things. We've used this method several times and it's always been accepted with a smile.

As long as everyone orders something - no matter how small - you're good to go. The waitstaff was even nice about switching out things so that I was paying OOP for the cheapest items.

Thank you for the clarity! Via Napoli is a fave of ours (been at least half a dozen times) so good to know that with a bit of finagling we can accomplish using less credits than the number of ppl in our party. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter