• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 trip advice

carcher

Earning My Ears
First trip in 5 years, and first with my DD (5). She and DH are very heat intolerant. Myself and DS (11) can suck it up. Plan to stay at a deluxe, so I do want to be able to use the pool.
Looking at week of Feb 20, versus first week of May. We did May our last trip 5 years ago (yes I was six months pregnant... and it was HOT!)

How is weather, and how are crowds?
Thanks!

The average high is around 80 degrees in early May and around 70 degrees in mid February. Those are averages. I have seen March with 30 degree nights and days with 98 degrees for the high.

The Disney pools are heated. They are supposed to be 82 degrees.

We wanted to take our son and focus on just him for the trip. My wife was four and half months pregnant. The smartest thing we did was stay at the Contemporary. We could leave anytime without concerns about transportation and going back for naps (both mom and son) took little time.

Good luck. Are you looking at things like BBB and CRT?

The weather in Feb can still be a bit iffy, with the possibility of cool weather. But that makes park touring much more bearable. Early May is definitely hotter, but usually without the humidity that drains the energy to right out of you. End April/early May is actually our preferred time to go. (Mostly because of Flower and Garden at Epcot).

Thanks. I'm thinking about staying at Boardwalk, we love the Epcot area, and just being able to walk in. Last time we stayed at Swan/Dolphin. I'd actually prefer May, I thing DS would love the flowers (though we would have to restrain her from picking them). Last time we went the second week of May and hit a heat wave, it hit 90 pretty quickly every day. I was also looking to avoid crowds/peak pricing, but I don't see anywhere that is posted yet.

I was also looking to avoid crowds/peak pricing, but I don't see anywhere that is posted yet.
Prices for next year wont be out until later this month, at the earliest. But you can check Mousesavers to see what the rates were for each week this year, to give you an idea of which weeks are value, regular or peak season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter