2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

@captaindavidhook as I mentioned above, my sister-in-law and I split a 16 coupon book and used them specifically for jalapeño margaritas since they cost $9 each.

The coupons are good throughout the Festival--you don't have to use them in a day.

The coupons were not valid for flights (3 smaller samples of wine or beer) or for high end champagne. But they were good on most cocktails. The aforementioned margaritas were our favorite, but there was a passion fruit frozen Grey Goose in France that was great too.

Point is that the coupons are a good deal if you use them on these items, but not on the food.

@MKCP5 as we get closer to the Festival, you'll see a lot more info on-line. This thread is filled with good stuff plus you can go to the Disney Food Blog, All Ears and Easy WDW.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to look at the info on last year's Festival on these sites. Things do change from year to year, but a lot remains the same. Looking at what was offered last year will give you a good idea of what to expect this year. :)

Wow. Going to F&W for the first time this year. Is there a thread that gives a newbie some info? Don't have a dining plan, and a lot of these posts are about that, What's a coupon booklet? What are the badges? Trying to get educated but the WDW site has practically nothing on it. Where should I be looking? Thanks!

By this time next month most of the details will be released. At the moment all we know is that what was offered last year is not guaranteed to be offered this year

Wow. Going to F&W for the first time this year. Is there a thread that gives a newbie some info? Don't have a dining plan, and a lot of these posts are about that, What's a coupon booklet? What are the badges? Trying to get educated but the WDW site has practically nothing on it. Where should I be looking? Thanks!
As

As it gets closer to time, this thread will have more information for you. In short, there are booths dotted throughout WS that represent different countries, more countries than are normally in WS. Each booth has 2 or 3 food items and normally a couple of specialty drinks. The food items can cost anywhere from around $4.50 to $7 or so (last year) and the drinks can get up to $10, depending on if it's beer, wine or a mixed drink. People with the dining plan can use a quick service meal and split it into 3 items from a booth and can use the snack credits they get with the dining plan on certain items. I never get the dining plan, I tend to buy a couple of gift cards at a discount at Sam's. The badges are little tear off coupons that you buy in advance for x dollars (no one know if they will have them this year or how much they will be) one little coupon gets you one thing from a booth. Last year unless you were using them for items that cost more than $7.50 (I think) you would not break even or come out ahead in buying them in advance. A lot of people like to use them on the higher priced alcohol. There is also a festival center (near Ellen's World of Energy) which has a wine shop, a festival shop, a little food place and they put on little wine tastings and cooking seminars. Referred to here as deminars. Last year they cost $15 each. The food demos will tell you the chef and the protein but not the specific dish. The chef and a host will show how to cook the dish and while they are doing the demo a small sample of the dish will be passed out along with a short pour of wine to go with it. Last year you also got the recipe. The wine tastings are normally about 3 different wines, normal wine tasting pours and are normally done by either a rep. from a specific winery or a rep. from a dealer. They will tell you the winery or the area like Florida wines or California wines. Sometimes they are good demos, sometimes not so much. At each booth and at the festival center there are little books called passports you can pick up which will have a page for each booth with each item offered listed with little check boxes so you can mark what you've tried. Last year there was also a page with stickers and a place on the page of each booth where you could put the sticker for that booth (they used to stamp them but it got kind of crowded with people going to the cash registers just to get their books stamped). There have been special dinners given at some of the resorts and at DS as well as food and wine pairing meals around 3:00 at some of the countries. There are also a few special breakfasts, and cheese seminars.

Short run down, hope it helped.

@loves to dive Great synopsis! :)

ETA: One more thing--every day of the Festival features Eat to the Beat concerts. The shows are included with admission and feature well known pop music acts. They are held in the American Gardens theater at 5:30, 6:45 and 8:00.

I hope we start getting info on the booths, seminars, etc. soon. I am the information queen for our family's trip (relaying any and all news to my parents and siblings). Mom in particular is getting antsy wanting to know more.

We are also F&W newbies this year. Only going to be there 3 days. Landing at MCO Thurs. evening so planning F&W on Friday and maybe Saturday. Can't wait for more info to come out.

Where would you get the coupon books?

I never thought I'd have the opportunity to go to food & wine, but this year the stats aligned and I have a 3 day weekend to make it work.

Trying to learn as much as possible do we can take advantage of the time we have there.

It's not exactly a "coupon book." Last year it was a plastic card on a lanyard with tabs that you break off to pay for the f&w booth items. I believe they were available at the festival center (old Wonders of Life pavilion). As others have mentioned, you'd really want to do the math to determine if it would be a good bargain.

Where is the best place to monitor for info on special dining opportunities at F&W. I attended Beer VS Wine event at Via Napoli last year, but had difficult time get Ressie. I lucked out and someone canceled and I grabbed spot. Not sure which threads to follow. Thanks for your help

Where is the best place to monitor for info on special dining opportunities at F&W. I attended Beer VS Wine event at Via Napoli last year, but had difficult time get Ressie. I lucked out and someone canceled and I grabbed spot. Not sure which threads to follow. Thanks for your help

This thread. You are lucky they actually let someone cancelled as those events are non-refundable.

I've always said that you shouldnt buy those thinking that you're getting a deal. It's only worth it if you're interested in the pin

Because every booth has an alcoholic drink between $8.00 and $10.00, people can save a little money using the coupons. But it is a slight hassle having to do 2 transactions when using the coupon on one item, and another form of payment for another item.

As

As it gets closer to time, this thread will have more information for you. In short, there are booths dotted throughout WS that represent different countries, more countries than are normally in WS. Each booth has 2 or 3 food items and normally a couple of specialty drinks. The food items can cost anywhere from around $4.50 to $7 or so (last year) and the drinks can get up to $10, depending on if it's beer, wine or a mixed drink. People with the dining plan can use a quick service meal and split it into 3 items from a booth and can use the snack credits they get with the dining plan on certain items.

Short run down, hope it helped.

Spectacular! Thanks for posting this overview :thanks:

We are also F&W newbies this year. Only going to be there 3 days. Landing at MCO Thurs. evening so planning F&W on Friday and maybe Saturday. Can't wait for more info to come out.

Check out this link for the 2016 Festival: https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...stival-september-14-november-14-2016.3518694/

Post #3 has links for the beverage seminars, culinary demonstrations, and other special events for last year. This info will give you a general idea of what is offered.

Post #4 has the menus for last year's international marketplaces (booths), this will also provide a general idea of what is offered.

Information for 2017 should be forthcoming soon!

I've always said that you shouldnt buy those thinking that you're getting a deal. It's only worth it if you're interested in the pin

Last year the pin was "sold" out when we got there (the first Saturday of the festival) but they did take my info and mail it to me when it was back. The thing was I didn't care about the pin at all, I used discounted GCs, and ones I got from Swagbucks to purchase the 16 voucher card. We used them specifically for alcohol drinks from the booths. We saved quite a bit doing that. It can be a great deal, even without using discounted GCs to purchase it.

ETA I got my voucher at one of the F&W merchandise kiosks/tents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter