2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

The big thing to remember is that the membership is good for a year. So you can leverage race registration on your own schedule. For me, that flexibility is worth it for me and my husband. Going forward this is the only way we will do runDisney.

What are your upcoming runs/races?

I have a 10K tomorrow and dreading it! It's going to be 27 degrees...Ugh! Sometimes I wonder what was I thinking!!!!! Just getting over a bug. Ran 5K this morning which was ok....we shall see. End of rant/complaining lol

We did a 5k last Sunday, and I have nothing scheduled until the PHM! I may do a New Year's Day 5K though....

It's getting cold here too -- 20's-40's depending on the day. First snow earlier this week, and more coming on Monday -so winter reality is setting in. I ran last Tuesday, and the snow was mainly gone, but there was still black ice in shadier areas - so I had to take it slow and careful - not fun! As long as I can get my longer runs in without too much weather interruption... fingers crossed!

Nothing scheduled here. I missed my 10K last weekend because I've been horribly sick. I haven't run in two weeks! I'm hoping to get at least 3-4 miles in this weekend since I'm not as congested.

My heart goes out to all of you that have been snubbed by friends. I've been on the receiving end too and it really hurts. I've since decided that quality over quantity is more important at this point.

I have nobody to run with and I'm shy so I've been hesitant to join a local running club. I'm going solo to PHM and although it's nice to be able to only worry about me I am envious of the people there with friends!

Nothing scheduled here. I missed my 10K last weekend because I've been horribly sick. I haven't run in two weeks! I'm hoping to get at least 3-4 miles in this weekend since I'm not as congested.

My heart goes out to all of you that have been snubbed by friends. I've been on the receiving end too and it really hurts. I've since decided that quality over quantity is more important at this point.

I have nobody to run with and I'm shy so I've been hesitant to join a local running club. I'm going solo to PHM and although it's nice to be able to only worry about me I am envious of the people there with friends!

Since we have several going solo...we could meet up at a common area. We used to have a meet up of dis'ers in the past. As time gets closers we can decide on a time and place for a drink or lunch or dinner or something.

And chatting up other runners at the half is pretty easy.

I am going solo also. I do have Disney friends also running but I don't know that we are getting together or if they are, I'm not invited.

I have been trying to convince my sisters and mom to join me for the race weekend for years. This year, they were actually planning on doing it and then backed out when it started getting time to put the money on the line and register. I had my heart set on going, so I decided I would take my 2 daughters (18 & 14) with me instead. It is going to cost me a lot more than going with other people, but I'm excited to have the time with just my girls.

So... we got a bizarre call from Disney Guest Services today stating that our Business Class Room at Coronado Springs is unavailable for Princess when we reserved it. They have moved us to Jambo House at Animal Kingdom Lodge, savannah view and we get concierge level.

Um... this is awesome. We got the call today as we left Sanaa for lunch and how we were talking about how much we wanted to stay there again. Guess we got our wish!

My next race isn't until early January. Doing the Hot Chocolate 15K in SF. Then nothing until Princess.

So... we got a bizarre call from Disney Guest Services today stating that our Business Class Room at Coronado Springs is unavailable for Princess when we reserved it. They have moved us to Jambo House at Animal Kingdom Lodge, savannah view and we get concierge level.

Um... this is awesome. We got the call today as we left Sanaa for lunch and how we were talking about how much we wanted to stay there again. Guess we got our wish!

That's incredible! What a great bit of pixie dust :)

I have few fellow jealous travelers. We are at CSR but in regular room no call for us yet.

I'm so sad that I didn't sign up for the 5k now after seeing the medal!! Mrs. Potts and Chip are two of my favorites. Guess that is what I get for not wanting to get up early three days in a row. :worried:

jealous!!! we're staying there marathon weekend in a preferred room. and at wilderness lodge one day after the princess.... I wonder if either will move me because of construction.

Wow! What great pixie dust for you!

First off let me apologize if this question has already been asked before. I tried to scan the entire thread but may have missed it.

I know the Princess half marathon registration fee is non-refundable but can I sell it to someone?? I guess I should say is it transferable?? I had an injury and I don't think I should do the race because I haven't been able to train properly. Thanks in advance for any information you can give. Have a magical day!!

First off let me apologize if this question has already been asked before. I tried to scan the entire thread but may have missed it.

I know the Princess half marathon registration fee is non-refundable but can I sell it to someone?? I guess I should say is it transferable?? I had an injury and I don't think I should do the race because I haven't been able to train properly. Thanks in advance for any information you can give. Have a magical day!!
Sorry to hear that you are injured. :( Unfortunately, there is no legal transfer process in place. Your best bet would be to get a doctor's note and send that to runDisney...and cross your fingers that they'll help you out in some way.

That is so awesome! AKL is just a fantastic resort and I've heard great things about their club level! I think I read on the Resorts board that CSR is getting renovated???? Yacht Club is going under renovations too and they are offering to move guests from there and Beach Club to other resorts. I was booked at BC for PHM, but was offered an upgrade to the Grand Floridian.

Just came back from my first run in over two weeks since I got sick. I'm still not feeling 100% and it felt like I was running in mud up to my waist. Just planning an easy walk tomorrow and hopefully my run on Thursday will be better!

Does anyone know what characters will be out for the different races and where they will be stationed? Do they give this info out before the race?

Does anyone know what characters will be out for the different races and where they will be stationed? Do they give this info out before the race?
They do not give out info ahead of time, and the characters/locations vary. There are some locations you can bank on (lots in MK - in front of the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland, in Frontierland, etc.) but no one knows for sure. They could switch it up. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter