2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: September 14 - November 14, 2016

I've been waiting for a thread like this. So excited to be back in Sep/Oct and I cant wait to see what events are available.

Can anyone speak to crowds on a Sunday afternoon/evening during F&W?

Double whammy: F&W plus MNSSHP night (Oct 30).

It's our arrival day and given that we'd like to try and hit both FEA and Soarin', it seems like the best bet would be to add a few extra hours and try for FP for both.

It's our arrival day and given that we'd like to try and hit both FEA and Soarin', it seems like the best bet would be to add a few extra hours and try for FP for both.

Typically you want to avoid the weekends at F&W as it draws many locals to Epcot. Friday afternoon is usually OK as long as your're out of World Showcase by around 5:00 PM. Can't really comment on Sundays as I try to avoid them.

Not sure what "FEA" is?

I'm joining on this thread. This will be my first time to F&W festival. I'm so excited. :teeth: I hope some menus come out soon. I love all the pictures I've seen from previous years. We are planning to be at Epcot during, Thurs, Oct 13 and Tues Oct 18. So hopefully we'll plan to see Dennis DeYoung and the Music of Styx; not really crazy about Jeffrey Osbourne, so we'll skip that Eat to the Beat Concert. I was hoping for Smash Mouth, because I think my kids would like that better. But they like Styx. :rockband:

If you can get to the WS for F&W by 11 a.m., you can get quite a few booths in (even on a Sunday), but crowds build quicker on the weekends. And just as an FYI, Soarin' and FEA are both Tier 1 FP+ reservations at Epcot, so you can only nab one ahead of time.

If you can get to the WS for F&W by 11 a.m., you can get quite a few booths in (even on a Sunday), but crowds build quicker on the weekends. And just as an FYI, Soarin' and FEA are both Tier 1 FP+ reservations at Epcot, so you can only nab one ahead of time.

Oh, I see I wasn't clear. We have an Epcot day planned later in the week that we'll FP Frozen for. What I was thinking was go mid-afternoon on arrival day to FP Soaring' and just hang out in Future World for a few hours.

Yes, avoid/spend little time at the festival on the weekends unless you don't mind standing in lengthy lines or don't mind the double amount of group bar crawls happening. I remember folks on the board mentioning how obnoxious the bar crawls were, and I didn't believe them til I went -- the bar crawl shirts people wear are pretty creative not going to lie.

Actually Sunday afternoon/evening aren't bad.

Friday evening and Saturday are very packed.

I actually have never had a real issue with the "bar crawl" (I have seen some spectacular screaming fits by the morality police however :) )

Your big problem with the "party" is that anytime MK closes early for a party the "overflow" seems to come to Epcot. That's not the drink around the world group, but it's a lot of strollers and overtired kids so.... YMMV

The Disney Food Blog is reporting that episodes of "The Chew" will be taped at the F&W Festival on October 5, 6, & 7. The episodes will air October 10-14.

Additionally, DFB is reporting that the Chew Marketplace will return to the Future World section of Epcot just as last year. This year's menu items include Grilled Beef Skewer with Romaine, Apricots and Feta Cheese; Ricotta and Zucchini Ravioli with Rustic Tomato Sauce; and Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse with a Caramel Drizzle.
Festival exclusive wines will also be available.

The Disney Food Blog is reporting that episodes of "The Chew" will be taped at the F&W Festival on October 5, 6, & 7. The episodes will air October 10-14.

Additionally, D..
FB is reporting that the Chew Marketplace will return to the Future World section of Epcot just as last year. This year's menu items include Grilled Beef Skewer with Romaine, Apricots and Feta Cheese; Ricotta and Zucchini Ravioli with Rustic Tomato Sauce; and Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse with a Caramel Drizzle.
Festival exclusive wines will also be available.

Thanks for posting. I think this is great news. I was lucky enough to get tickets to see one of the tapings last year. So fun! But hot!!

Hi. We are planning on going Oct. 28-30. We were interested in the French eating events if they return this year. Did anyone do any of the French events last year- were they good and do you know if there was any info released yet if they will be returning? Also, were there any real standouts for the F&W Festival? We were hoping to pick two events to do (I was leaning towards the French Breakfast for one).

Hi. We are planning on going Oct. 28-30. We were interested in the French eating events if they return this year. Did anyone do any of the French events last year- were they good and do you know if there was any info released yet if they will be returning? Also, were there any real standouts for the F&W Festival? We were hoping to pick two events to do (I was leaning towards the French Breakfast for one).
I'm interested in those, too!! Thanks to people who shared, I bookmarked these reviews:
French Family Meal Traditions
http://www.disboards.com/threads/ke...1-4-14-complete.3341435/page-10#post-52921258
https://turtleshell1.wordpress.com/2015/12/08/epcot-french-family-meal-traditions-november-6-2015/
http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwills/2015/10/french_family_meal_traditions.html
The Parisian Afternoon
http://www.disboards.com/threads/mi...s-always-pictures-updated-2-19.3456272/page-4
http://disboards.com/threads/why-do...nus-epcot-night.3385336/page-14#post-54710289
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/...an-afternoon-sandwiches-macarons-and-bubbles/
Parisian Breakfast
http://disboards.com/threads/keep-c...1-4-14-complete.3341435/page-26#post-53558083
We're hoping for the breakfast, too.

Just to let you know, the Parisian Breakfast is very popular and usually sells out quickly.

Are you reading my mind?? That is our exact plan, also!!

We have made several visits to F&W. With what we have learned from previous experiences, we are planning to RD Future World with scheduled FPs. We will go to F&W at 11:00 and leave when the crowds start driving us nuts (which will probably happen before 1.) We may have some time to relax at the resort for awhile before going to MNSSHP at 4.

In our experience, Sunday F&W crowds are pretty thick.

I'm joining on this thread. This will be my first time to F&W festival. I'm so excited. :teeth: I hope some menus come out soon. I love all the pictures I've seen from previous years. We are planning to be at Epcot during, Thurs, Oct 13 and Tues Oct 18. So hopefully we'll plan to see Dennis DeYoung and the Music of Styx; not really crazy about Jeffrey Osbourne, so we'll skip that Eat to the Beat Concert. I was hoping for Smash Mouth, because I think my kids would like that better. But they like Styx. :rockband:

We saw Dennis a couple years ago. I like Styx well enough, so we sat on the fountain and watched the show from there. Oh my gosh, what a voice!!!! He sounds better than he did in his younger days and put on a great show.

Has anyone heard or read anything about the 2016 f&w premium package? Me and the gf are booked at beach club from the 20th-31 of october and would love to do this the mon-thurs that its offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter