2016 Annual Christmas Gift List Ideas for TEEN GIRLS

scottmel

<font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina
I think this is the 4th year running for this thread! DD17 Senior. UGH where did time go??? What did I get so far???

1. Disney Lego Cinderella castle the BIG ONE which was crazy expensive and currently being built in my family room. Sigh so much for christmas!

2. Hydroplant growing thing. She was fascinated on behind the seeds tour at Epcot so I bought her own system to grown plants using Beta fish as fertilizer...

3. Will get her BOSE noise cancel headphones for college

4. and this for college. PEace of mind for me and she is an anxious kid at times https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EIS49S8/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

5. THis too https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1492635154/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

6. Wants DS Pokemon GAme new one forget name

7. 21 Pilot floor seats!!!

8. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1492613320/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

9. We did adveentures by Disney NYC Dreams trip this past summer so I got the Lego NYC skyscrape set..

Loves to draw, music, etc and not much into clothes...Private school and all so no need to dress up per say..

Would love to her what you got!

Our girls are 14 & 16. They are getting their phones upgraded to iPhone 7's as theor big gifts. So, I'm constantly on the hunt now for some small filler gifts and stocking stuffer mainly.

So far I've picked up some little towel clips that will be great for their beach towels on our cruise in April. I've also gotten body washes from B&BW. They will each get new phone cases, and flat iron cases for traveling. I'm also on the hunt for some passport covers & will be getting their passports.

Other than these items, I'm at a loss for now.

Does this alert any emergency services? My DD is a 17y/o senior too, going to college in the fall so interested in something like this that will also alert emergency services.

Yes u can put 911 in there per a review I read

Stocking stuffer found at the dollar store for girls they have the bra clips, invisible straps and body tape to keep clothing in place

Everything my big girl wants/needs is expensive this year. Aside from a new computer and accessories, she's getting lush bath bombs, and luggage.

We are moving our DD14(only child) upstairs to our attic. It needs a little work- new carpet, paint, a little sheetrock in a few places. Thinking we will do that work ourselves- then decorate for her gifts for christmas. She has so much "stuff", don't know what else to get. Hopefully I will get ideas from here!!

My dd18 is saving up for a trip to Universal with her friends so she is getting mostly cash. She will have some things to open but not too many.
AIW D&B wristlet w/cash inside
Aromatherapy oil diffuser
I pre-ordered her HP wand make-up brushes
This HP print for her room
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AF5C3N6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

ETA My dd is staying home and going to college but she is transferring after next year. She already put the tourquoise Keurig on her list. Just wanted to share that for those of you planning on getting your dd's college or apartment stuff this year.

Last edited:
I have no idea. I want to get her a few gift cards. Any gift card deals going on?
She will start college in fall 2017

Looking for gift card deals to
-Jamba Juice
-Starbucks
-still trying to figure out food places

some gift certificates for
-eyebrows
-underarm waxing

I need to figure out what else . We just upgraded her phone to the newest iphone. We pick up this weekend

Does this alert any emergency services? My DD is a 17y/o senior too, going to college in the fall so interested in something like this that will also alert emergency services.

There are lots of these devices out.

We use Life360 which is an app. $0.99. If you want to add more than 2 locations it's $2.99 a month but I think you can add up to 10 people in your family? I have ours set where I get alerts when my kids arrive/depart locations I added to our map. So I can see on the map where they are, when they are in motion (on bus, in a car) and when they pass locations on the map. For example, my high schooler's bus drives by the middle school so because the middle school is a location I added on the map (for my daughter) I get an alert when the bus gets through the middle school. You can set the zone by feet. I had to make the high school zone a larger radius because when I first used it it would say my son arrived at school, then 5 minutes later say he left school because his first class is in a portable that was outside the initial radius.

Life360 also has a panic button that alerts up to 5 people. We have already tried it to test it and the alert calls everyone on your emergency list and says the persons name and that they need help.

Verizon has the same service as Life360 but they want $9.99 a month. Personally, my kids are hands free (no purse, no backpack unless they are going to school) but they always have their phone in their pocket. There are also devices you can find online that you can put into kids or elderly parents shoes. Research shows that elderly with dementia when they wander off still put on their shoes.

I don't like the Amazon device only because my son's don't carry a bag and my daughter doesn't carry a purse at the mall and neither drive. And when they are teens and out with friends they won't have keys with the device either.

My friend in Australia uses Life360 and her husband traveled to China and the app still worked in China!

https://www.life360.com/

:)

7. 21 Pilot floor seats!!!.

We got these last year for our girls. Was the best concert I've EVER been to. And we ended up on the highlights reel. :o We liked them so much that we're going again in February!pixiedust:

As far as Christmas this year, we are trying to go small and let them in on the secret we've been planning: a WDW trip in December 2018 (see signature)

We use Life360 which is an app. $0.99. If you want to add more than 2 locations it's $2.99 a month but I think you can add up to 10 people in your family? I have ours set where I get alerts when my kids arrive/depart locations I added to our map. So I can see on the map where they are, when they are in motion (on bus, in a car) and when they pass locations on the map. For example, my high schooler's bus drives by the middle school so because the middle school is a location I added on the map (for my daughter) I get an alert when the bus gets through the middle school. You can set the zone by feet. I had to make the high school zone a larger radius because when I first used it it would say my son arrived at school, then 5 minutes later say he left school because his first class is in a portable that was outside the initial radius.

Life360 also has a panic button that alerts up to 5 people. We have already tried it to test it and the alert calls everyone on your emergency list and says the persons name and that they need help.

Verizon has the same service as Life360 but they want $9.99 a month. Personally, my kids are hands free (no purse, no backpack unless they are going to school) but they always have their phone in their pocket. There are also devices you can find online that you can put into kids or elderly parents shoes. Research shows that elderly with dementia when they wander off still put on their shoes.

I don't like the Amazon device only because my son's don't carry a bag and my daughter doesn't carry a purse at the mall and neither drive. And when they are teens and out with friends they won't have keys with the device either.

My friend in Australia uses Life360 and her husband traveled to China and the app still worked in China!

I will look into this but to me if you are fumbling with a phone to open an app worried me.I liked the idea of wearing the amazon button on your bra as my DD has no purse either..so to me this seemed super easy and once u own it you own it . no fee to pay monthly? But I will look into it thanks

I will look into this but to me if you are fumbling with a phone to open an app worried me.I liked the idea of wearing the amazon button on your bra as my DD has no purse either..so to me this seemed super easy and once u own it you own it . no fee to pay monthly? But I will look into it thanks

For a panic button the device might be better. If the company goes out of business and stops service it doesn't matter if you own it. I think the device looks too big to strap to a bra, it would show through clothes as something under her shirt. But we live in Florida and maybe you live up north where it's easier to hide in a sweatshirt?

Amazon product mentioned (forget name) is $99. Revolar Personal Safety Wearable (looked up name) says you have to be within 30 feet of your phone for it to work (bluetooth). It does not notify emergency services like 911 the person clicks twice for yellow, three times for red. Red notifies your contacts so they can call 911. Yellow is just distress and doesn't feel safe. Amazon says the tracking doesn't start until the user taps it to send the notice. Then it sends out your location the contact list. So if you want to randomly look to see where your kid is, it doesn't sound like you can. They have to activate it.

Life360 is a $0.99 app and up to two locations and 10 family members, interactive between family members. If you want more than 2 locations it's $2.99 a month or $35.88 a year. not only can I track my kid, they can track me. If you are out say at Disney or out shopping together and get separated you can see where the other person is. My friend tracks her elderly mom in another state.

My daughter just did her Life360 check-in at the mall. I get the auto message when she arrives/departs the added location, and the user can also do a manual check-in. I suppose I don't see an emergency situation where he needs to use the alert. But I can track her movement and route.

Last edited:
New to this thread!

I got my 14 year old dd a Polaroid printer that connects to cell phones via Bluetooth and instantly prints pictures! I bought it at the Apple store. Also picked up a pack of film (it works out to about $0.60 per pic to print). They said teenage girls love it.

New to this thread!

I got my 14 year old dd a Polaroid printer that connects to cell phones via Bluetooth and instantly prints pictures! I bought it at the Apple store. Also picked up a pack of film (it works out to about $0.60 per pic to print). They said teenage girls love it.
Sounds interesting. I think my daughter would love something like this. If anyone has one I'd love some feedback. TIA! PS how much does this printer for iphone cost?

Do you guys have iphones? As find my iphone app is free. I don't tell DD I track her but if she forgets to text she got to school etc. I just look at that app and it shows exact location of phone and real time movement of it - such as she is driving or walking etc. Is the 360 only different in that it texts you when the phone hits a certain location?

No FCC regulations will NOT allow 911 to be put in as a contact on these devices. This is addressed on the Amazon page in the FAQ and the company page. When the user activates a yellow or red alert, it sends the contacts a TEXT with the location. 911 does not accept this form of communication.

Here is a cut and paste of one of their answers regarding why 911 can NOT be added as a contact:

Currently, 911 cannot be a Revolar contact. There are actually a number of reasons why this is the case.
For context, Revolar alerts are currently sent through text messages and emails, and the FCC recommends that you always contact 911 through a voice call, if possible. That's because, according to the FCC, in most cases you cannot reach 911 by sending a text message - and we want to make sure Revolar alerts don't go unanswered.
Also, in order for 911 operators to request emergency responders, the operators must ask a number of questions. For a person experiencing an emergency situation, it's extremely difficult or impossible to answer these questions. That's why Revolar sends information about the user's location and status to loved ones, so if necessary they're able to call emergency services, answer the operator's questions, and get help sent to the person in need.
There's also the issue of call volume. As extraordinary as 911 operators are, their call centers can become inundated - leaving the caller on hold. For someone who is in an emergency, it can be an advantage for them to be able to focus on the situation at hand while their loved one coordinates with emergency responders on their behalf.
Lastly, sending for emergency responders isn't always the Revolar user's desired response. That's why the Revolar wearable can send both Yellow (2 presses) and Red (3+ presses) alerts. The Revolar user and their contacts should have a conversation about what each of these alert levels means for them. It could be that Yellow Alerts are a discreet way to say, "I'm uncomfortable, call me or pick me up", whereas a Red Alert might mean, "I need help now."
That being said, we understand that having Revolar wearables communicate directly with 911 or emergency services is an option that some people would like.We will continue to look for a feasible way to add this feature as an option for those who desire it. see less
By REVOLAR on August 19, 2016

DD13
So far I have...

- Mermaid tail blanket (there are lots on Amazon, I paid about $20 I think)
- small crossbody purse
- a few mini plush Tsum Tsum (she just de idea she wants to begin a collection)
- a pair of leggings
- a book (she gave me a list, I'll pick up a few others. The one I got so far is "The Cabin")

Normally she has some type of electronic on her wishlist (ipad, etc) or an otherwise big/expensive gift (futon). It doesn't look like that will happen this year so I'm looking for ways to still give a "wow" factor without that single big/expensive item.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter