• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 Villain’s Sinister Soiree

I know some of you are disappointed, but this works perfectly for our family. I was really concerned about doing the Soiree with a 4 year old since it would have started after the fireworks. The dessert party is a great way for us to get reserved seating for the parade and fireworks. I'm also thrilled that it looks like the villains will be available for everyone to meet. I hope it is an organized meet and greet like it was supposed to be last year at FTH with Aurora. maleficent is a must meet for us.
Did I miss something? Will there be a meet and greet??

So this time instead of a dragon cup full of candy you get a skull mug full of candy. Interesting.

The Dragon cup looked very cool, as a display piece....but I would never have bought one. Just not practical.

The skull mugs (if they are the same/similar as the ones previously in stores)...I'd actually make use of.

For me, though...it's just another small tick box in the value calculation.

Our phone CM also mentioned that, at check in, you're given a "collectible" credential to identify you. IDK what that means...some sort of badge, maybe? The dessert parties usually just hand out wrist bands, so...we'll see. But I guess with the wrist band for the party, they're not going to want to give out another, different, wrist band (esp with magic bands already on most guests), so...maybe. We'll see!

Did I miss something? Will there be a meet and greet??

Not as part of the dessert party itself. The OP chimed in and confirmed: They meant additional M&G's at MNSSHP, as a whole...stuff that was removed last year to "fuel" the Villians Soiree, that was only available to those guests.

The time tho head bothering me. I think we will show up about 15-20 minutes prior at the parade viewing Then eat dessert after at the terrace,we may skip the fireworks and do other things. Just to have a reserved parade spot then later a nice ace to sit and relax with desserts is good for us.

Not doing it - Soiree was a such a better package; had the late one last year and it was worth it. My wife and I went and we still talk about it. The biggest deal was the reserve area right in front of the castle. It was worth half the price by itself. With 5 adults this year saving 350 - can buy some serious, serious deserts with that amount

Our phone CM also mentioned that, at check in, you're given a "collectible" credential to identify you. IDK what that means...some sort of badge, maybe?

Last year it was a lanyard with a badge. Made it easy for the CMs to make sure that those in the reserved viewing area were supposed to be there. And they were checking. One of my nights they approached a lady sitting on the ground and asked for her badge. She didn't have one and they made her leave the area.

That's a disappointment. Unless there's something I'm missing, this doesn't come close to the VSS we experienced (and loved) last year.

Yeah, from reading the threads and reviews last year (like this one: http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2014/09/02/villains-soiree-wickedly-disappointing/), I think it was hit and miss. Some folks LOVED it, some absolutely HATED it.

And a lot of party goers who couldn't (because it sold out so fast or because of the expense) or didn't want to attend the VSS were really ticked off about many of the villians being locked behind that pay wall. I know, early on, there were reports of folks asking for, and getting, their party entrance fee refunded because Disney changed, after the tickets went on sale, what they had previously announced was available.

But...I get it. This offering works for MY family, so we've booked. It's not going to work for, or be as compelling for, other folks. So they (you?) won't.

Last edited:
Womp womp. A little disappointing, but now I'm REALLY happy I got that BoG ADR for the first hour of the party.

Disney Parks Blog answered at 1:11pm today:
Q: Is this replacing last years Villains Soiree in the castle?
A: Yes it is. No Soiree this year.
:( That's a shame. I wonder if they'll compare feedback from last year and this year (I received an EXTENSIVE survey following VSS), and then adjust, if feedback warrants, for next year...?

I'll still be interested to hear what people think of this year's offering. :)

:( That's a shame. I wonder if they'll compare feedback from last year and this year (I received an EXTENSIVE survey following VSS), and then adjust, if feedback warrants, for next year...?

I'll still be interested to hear what people think of this year's offering. :)

How many people attended last year's VSS? It was fairly limited, let's say 250 per night, right? Even to be generous, let's say they sold 500 per night. So that's 500 happy guests per night, who loved what they got.

vs.

Assuming that they sell 25,000 party tickets per night...that's 24,500 guests who were given absolutely zero opportunity to meet some of the villains. Even if only 5% of those guests were angry enough to complain, the number of happy guests is seriously outweighed by the number of unhappy guests. We heard a lot of reports of people getting money refunded for MNSSHP tickets due them being unhappy about some of the villains being unmeetable. I figured that Disney realized what a mistake they made when MVMCP didn't have an additional add-on event, as had been rumored.

I don't think it was an issue with the quality or satisfaction with people who attended the VSS...I think those guests were overwhelmingly happy with what they got...I think what caused a change was complaints from regular MNSSHP ticket holders.

Oh good. I made mine super early this morning so hopefully we get a great table![/QUOTE
I made mine early this morning too- do they really assign tables by when reservation was made, not when you show up for the party? Because if we go through with doing this, we would probably want to do a ride or trick or treat in tomorrowland before going into the dessert party.
I also agree with others who have said that they will only keep this if you can show up 15-20 min before parade time to get a spot in the viewing area. If I need to show up an hour early, that's not worth the money

I made mine early this morning too- do they really assign tables by when reservation was made, not when you show up for the party? Because if we go through with doing this, we would probably want to do a ride or trick or treat in tomorrowland before going into the dessert party.
I also agree with others who have said that they will only keep this if you can show up 15-20 min before parade time to get a spot in the viewing area. If I need to show up an hour early, that's not worth the money

That's how they assign tables for the "regular" Wishes Dessert party so....I think it's a good bet they'll do it this way, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter