• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 Villain’s Sinister Soiree

Must say I'm bummed about this offering. Say what you want about VSS last year but for me and DS 4 (at the time), it was our single favorite WDW memory in our travels so far and he still talks about it to this day. It was really a unique experience and worth every penny, for us.

While I'm intrigued by the reserved parade viewing area, I've "been there/done that" with the Wishes Dessert Party and the viewing angle from there isn't my favorite, especially for the 180 degree finale. I will likely pass on this.

I am on hold with 407-WDW-Tour, my wait time is 15min and I called at exactly 7:01 their time, 6:01 our time. We will see what they say.......

Booked the Happy Hallow Desert Party. reserved area for the 8:35 parade and then Desert party for the 10:00 Hallowishes Fireworks. I would rather have booked the Sinister Soiree as it was last year, but I will give this one a try.

No characters. That's a no for me. With HalloWishes starting at 10 this year and the second parade at 11:15 it's going to be even easier to see. Don't want to waste so much time so early during the party. I'd prefer to see the fireworks from Main Street instead of Tomorrowland Terrace anyway.

i agree! the attraction of the Soiree last year was meeting the characters! bummers! thanks for the info all!

Booked for Oct 13th.

Per CM:

Dessert party starts at 8:35 PM (we forgot to ask for where..but assuming Tommorowland terrace?), check in at will call between 4 and 7 PM. Then parade check in starts at 7:30 til around 8. Parade viewing area is near flag pole in town square. Firework check in starts at 9:30 at tomorrowland terrace.

Some sort of special (she said collectible?) credential will be handed out to people in your party.

$69 per adult, $39 per child.

Booked for Oct 13th.

Per CM:

Dessert party starts at 8:35 PM (we forgot to ask for where..but assuming Tommorowland terrace?), check in at will call between 4 and 7 PM. Then parade check in starts at 7:30 til around 8. Parade viewing area is near flag pole in town square. Firework check in starts at 9:30 at tomorrowland terrace.

Some sort of special (she said collectible?) credential will be handed out to people in your party.

Near the flagpole in town square???

Yep. That's the new parade viewing area for the parades. So no seeing the Horseman come over the Liberty Sq bridge like we could from the reserved area last year. The very end of the parade. You can arrive at the parade area closer to parade start. I did last year for my two Soirees, but you may not have a front row seat. I was second row for one and first row for another.

** To clarify, as someone corrected me further along, by front row seat I meant front row position. There are no chairs in the area. Only Standing Room. Sorry for any confusion. I did get to sit on the ground when I was in the front row last year right at the rope with was pretty cool and there is the curb at the flagpole viewing area which folk/kids can sit on. **

"Starting Jan. 12, 2015, the FastPass+ viewing location for Magic Kingdom parades was relocated from the Central Plaza Viewing Area to the Town Square Viewing Area, near the flagpole, for both day-time and night-time parades."

Last edited:
I rang too and didn't end up booking. A character or two would've been worth taking time out for, but I'm not going to give up party time just for desserts. And I'm certainly not doubling the price of my ticket just for parade viewing and a skewed view of the fireworks - I can get a similar view grabbing a spot five minutes before the fireworks...

I will however applaud Disney for actually releasing the information and bookings when they said they would lol.

We'll grab the horseman view for the 2nd parade. ;)

This works out well for us. We can do the dessert party offerings early, and then do more trick or treating and character M&G/pictures, late, before the 2nd parade, when it's slower, anyway.

If we had little kids I'd be tempted but with two adults no problem staying for the second parade at 11:15.

Booked for Oct 13th.

Per CM:

Isn't that backwards...... I was told to check into the parade area at 7:30 for the 8:35 parade by the flag pole and then check in the the Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace at 9:30 for the 10:00 fireworks.

I just read that part about the flag pole again. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but ok Disney. Theoretically, if the parade starts at 8:35 in Frontierland, the parade isn't going to reach that location until around 9:00-9:10 ish. Once it passes it will be after 9:30. From where you will be at on Main Street, you'll have a better view of Hallowishes than you would have if you went to the TT and had dessert. It makes more sense, if you don't care about dessert and want a reserved area for the parade, to just enter the parade area and stay parked there for the fireworks.

This makes me unhappy, and I don't know that I'll book. One of the other benefits to this was that you had a front row seat to the 8:30 Villains show as well as the parade and Wishes. I'm not so sure I'll do this this year.

Well, just booked this new thing. She did tell me there was a 5 day cancellation policy so if we decide it is dumb and we shouldn't go, we can back out. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter