• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 honeymoons!

Our Disneymoon will be the first trip to WDW for both of us! Oct. 29-Nov 5 at the Beach Club or Boardwalk and then Nov 6-8 at AKL. We're also renting DVC points! We almost have all of our day plans set. :cool1::wizard:

I'm having trouble deciding on 3 resorts for our wedding & Disneymoon next fall. The comments about the Epcot area resort bussing makes me nervous - BCV was one of my strong options. I'm also looking at BLT, WLV and GFV. I wasn't initially considering GF but after the ceremony & reception options took an unexpected turn, it makes sense in the itinerary now.

Has anyone stayed at BLT for a wedding or honeymoon? Does it seem romantic?

We will have kids with us in the first and last third of our trip, so some resort options are with them in mind.

So excited to marry my future wife next Apr. We are furiously planning everything.
But this is my 4th trip to WDW and her 1ST so excited to take my Disney geek with me.
We are planning are disneymoon for end of Sept. early Oct. and planning on being there for 14 days. (few days for HP). Than maybe a quick stay in Vegas before going home

:cool1::banana::banana::cool1:
pixiedust:pixiedust:

I'm having trouble deciding on 3 resorts for our wedding & Disneymoon next fall. The comments about the Epcot area resort bussing makes me nervous - BCV was one of my strong options. I'm also looking at BLT, WLV and GFV. I wasn't initially considering GF but after the ceremony & reception options took an unexpected turn, it makes sense in the itinerary now.

Has anyone stayed at BLT for a wedding or honeymoon? Does it seem romantic?

We will have kids with us in the first and last third of our trip, so some resort options are with them in mind.

Hey lirija, quick suggestion - if you really love the Boardwalk area, you don't have to fully discount it, just because of buses. We found that we never had problem with buses (other than once, for MK) at Dolphin, so if you take the short walk to that resort, it could be a good spot to get the buses and not have to worry as much. We're staying at Boardwalk for our wedding/honeymoon, and will likely being doing that.

I've seen pictures of BLT and of people who have stayed there for their weddings, and it's really cool (though a different feel). I'm sure others will chime in, but if you wanted to stay there, I think it'd be a nice spot.

I loved BLT. It is a short walk to the monorail and you get a great view of the fireworks at night. We paid for a standard lake view but when we got to our room we had a perfect view of the castle! Chef Mickeys is right next door at the contemporary.

Hey lirija, quick suggestion - if you really love the Boardwalk area, you don't have to fully discount it, just because of buses. We found that we never had problem with buses (other than once, for MK) at Dolphin, so if you take the short walk to that resort, it could be a good spot to get the buses and not have to worry as much. We're staying at Boardwalk for our wedding/honeymoon, and will likely being doing that.

I've seen pictures of BLT and of people who have stayed there for their weddings, and it's really cool (though a different feel). I'm sure others will chime in, but if you wanted to stay there, I think it'd be a nice spot.

Great suggestion, thanks! I really do want to stay within walking distance of Epcot for at least part of our honeymoon because it sounds really romantic to be able to walk to a different country each night having a nice dinner and then walking back...BLT sounds like it will be perfect for that! :thumbsup2

Great suggestion, thanks! I really do want to stay within walking distance of Epcot for at least part of our honeymoon because it sounds really romantic to be able to walk to a different country each night having a nice dinner and then walking back...BLT sounds like it will be perfect for that! :thumbsup2

I have to point out that BLT (Bay Lake Towers) is attached to the Contemporary and thus not walkable to EPCOT only to Magic Kingdom. If you want to be able to walk to EPCOT your only DVC choices are BWV (Boardwalk Villas) or BCV (Beach Club Villas). I wouldn't want you to book into BLT thinking you could walk to EPCOT and be disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We're getting married at the Kissimmee Courthouse, followed by 14 nights in a Disney Resort and then 3 nights on the DCL. Finally pencilled in Sept 2015. Can't wait!!

We're getting married at the Kissimmee Courthouse, followed by 14 nights in a Disney Resort and then 3 nights on the DCL. Finally pencilled in Sept 2015. Can't wait!!

Sounds great! Will you do the entire stay in the same resort, or try more than one?

I think its smart to end with the DCL instead of start. I would feel so relaxed on a cruise that I'm not sure I would be able to get my energy up for park touring after that.:rotfl2:

Sounds great! Will you do the entire stay in the same resort, or try more than one?

I think its smart to end with the DCL instead of start. I would feel so relaxed on a cruise that I'm not sure I would be able to get my energy up for park touring after that.:rotfl2:

We have to stay in one resort to get our free dining and tickets for the 14 days. If we move resorts we can't get the dining benefit. We did this last year and loved not having to think about saving money for dinner etc. I'm really looking forward to the Cruise, haven't been on one before! eeek!:dancer:

My fiancé and I are getting married next August and planning 10 days in Disney and 5 days in Mexico or Hawaii afterwards. We would love to go to Hawaii but it's a lot more practical to go to Mexico considering the long flight from the UK. We are currently deciding between the Yacht Club and the Wilderness Lodge. I've always wanted to stay at YC but am concerned about transportation to MK and AK.

Congrats to all the 2015 Disneymooners! :yay: We will be staying at the POFQ in May for our honeymoon and are beyond excited! Ladies, will you wear the bride ear hat or headband? I'm trying to decide which one to choose!

Hi all! My future wife and I will be honeymooning at CSR for 8 nights Sep-Oct.

Any and all suggestions for special things to do or places to go/eat are more than welcome!

Me and my fiancee will be getting married in August, staying at the GCH in Anaheim for a week and then going on a Disney Cruise to Alaska the week of Aug 10-17. We are very excited!

We are getting married in HKDL in October, followed by a stop at Tokyo Disneyland for Part I of our Disneymoon. We'll then head to WDW for Part II of our Disneymoon. Hopefully we could stay at CR - we are going to be at WDW in February for our engagement photo shoot so we need some good bounceback discounts!:thumbsup2

We are getting married in HKDL in October, followed by a stop at Tokyo Disneyland for Part I of our Disneymoon. We'll then head to WDW for Part II of our Disneymoon. Hopefully we could stay at CR - we are going to be at WDW in February for our engagement photo shoot so we need some good bounceback discounts!:thumbsup2

Oooo, what sort of wedding can you have in Hong Kong??? Post pictures!!!! I'd LOVE to hear about your planning!!!!

Oooo, what sort of wedding can you have in Hong Kong??? Post pictures!!!! I'd LOVE to hear about your planning!!!!

They are not as creative/flexible as WDW - they only let you choose from pre-packaged deals for both the ceremony and the reception and are pretty strict with substitutions. I don't think any weddings are allowed in the park and our wedding will be at the Disney Hotel. We would love to have a wedding at WDW but there are extended families in Asia so this became our choice. But at least we are going to WDW for our Disneymoon!;)

Here's a pic of our ceremony venue at the hotel that we took during our visit, we chose the Gazebo. The hotel is Victorian style just like GF.

IMG-20141001-WA0006.jpg

Hey all!!

We're going on our honeymoon in Dec 2015 and can't WAIT!

We're staying at POFQ and splurging on food and drink. It's going to be great!

Not going to lie, we are more excited about the honeymoon than the wedding! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter