2015 Free Dining

Exactly. We just waited until our last day was within the 180 days and booked our ADRs. We missed out on one restaurant by waiting but it's not a big deal. I think it's easier to book ADRs first and wait for the discount. Have a small list of resorts you want to stay at and book the highest one available when the discount drops. Having everything booked ahead of time only to find out you have to switch resorts would be a hard pill to swallow, especially if you were dead set on a particular one. This way, we aren't disappointed if one or two resorts we want are unavailable; we just pick the next one on the list and appreciate the fact we got a good discount at a resort we are happy with.

I made ADRS for 6 days without a resort reservation back in 2013 and it wasn't that bad. 2 rooms, 5 minutes/day at 6AM. Got everything we wanted at perfect times" CRT, CM,CP, 1900PF, Akershus. We did not want BOG. 3 weeks later my sister got an FD PIN and thanks to some great advice from others on the DIS our dates were spot on.

We are wanting FD, so we are waiting to book. As we will work our dates around FD if needed. We will be doing QS dining, so I've only had to do a few ADRs. I got BOG lunch by getting online at 6am on our 180 date mark for the date I wanted the ADR. I've done this again for BOG lunch again later in the trip. In 2013, I had no problem getting an ADR for Crystal Palace early park entry breakfast by just continuing to check. Got it at about 60 days out. So just keep checking if you do not get what you want at first. Lots of people cancel closer to time.

I think there was more conversations going on about free dining last year because there were more rumors flying around about free dining. Everything from "free dining is done" to "free dining won't be offered at value resorts" to "nothing will change with free dining offer." There was alot of mystery going into April and May about what was really going to be offered. This year, I don't see alot of those kind of rumors flying around. I got free dining last year and the year before, but I took some advice I read on the boards last year and booked a bounce back offer last fall that got me free dining for September 2015. So, I am all locked in and don't have to worry about Disney coming out with a free dining offer this spring. That certainly takes the pressure off of me and gives me so much more time to pay off the vacation slowly. I highly recommend the bounce back deal, if they offer it while you are there.

As much as I am NOT patiently waiting for FD, I do like the anticipation of it and the planning before the official planning. I have gone through and already picked my restaurants. I do want to try BOG so bad though and will see if I can get this booked. But I never book until FD is released.

I agree with the last few posters here. People need to stop booking ahead, it eats up room availability. ADRs can be made one day at a time at the 180 day mark. And I bet FD availability will be very limited, if they offer it. Travel agents need to stop dangling the free dining carrot, too. Attendance has been up.

I talked to a CM yesterday who said that free dining will be offered, but she doesn't know exactly when. She said they most often roll out the new offers after the current one ends, which would be June 13th. Hopefully we don't have to wait that long, but just thought I'd pass along the CM's thoughts...

So is there an official 2015 Free Dining thread somewhere with hints or rumors like last year? I don't know whether to expect the fall release in May again or if they will revert back to August.

Guys,

Don't forget about the MouseSavers page that shows when promotions were released in previous years. http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#2015

Based on the past couple of years, I would expect FD to be announced around the 1st week of May. Disney Visa card holders usually get a 1 week jump on the promotion.

You can make your ADR's before booking your hotel/tickets.

Almost....Disney Visa cardholders usually get a 3 day jump on the general public rather than 1 week. So, IF it comes out for Disney Visa cardholders this year, I'll be putting my planning in to high gear to be ready to book 72 hours later!

I'm seriously considering signing up for a Disney Visa just to get that extra head start on everyone. :P

In the past one offer expires, then another discount is released. Recently, a new offer was out just a few days prior to the current one expiring. If this is Disney's current MO, the current offer expires June 12 and everyone will be waiting a little longer for fall discounts.

They just did another wave of PIN codes for summer. I think they are hurting to get people in the door for summer which makes me feel like they are going to wait a bit longer to release fall rates. I would guess later in may or early June. That's just a hunch of mine! I wouldn't be surprised if they re-released a more enticing summer offer to get #s up!

I am hoping for a Sept free dining promo and have the following question. I know that historically, Value Resorts will always get the QS Meal Plan included, but if I upgraded to a Moderate Resort (Caribbean Beach Resort), would that include the TS Meal Plan ?

I know I can upgrade to TS Meal Plan if staying at a Value Resort, but was hoping the TS Meal Plan is included in the Moderate Resorts in order to experience something new this trip.

I am hoping for a Sept free dining promo and have the following question. I know that historically, Value Resorts will always get the QS Meal Plan included, but if I upgraded to a Moderate Resort (Caribbean Beach Resort), would that include the TS Meal Plan ?

I know I can upgrade to TS Meal Plan if staying at a Value Resort, but was hoping the TS Meal Plan is included in the Moderate Resorts in order to experience something new this trip.
Yes, a moderate stay will get you the TS meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter