• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

Fyi, just found the 2014 BB FD dates. 8/20 to 10/02. I may have to hope for a RO BB.

I just got CSR free dining! I don't know if it's worth it though because we are only going to be there 3 nights, 2 days in the parks. It is $300 more than the reservation that I have for POR room only. There are 2 adults and 2 kids in our party. Opinions?? We have never been to Disney World, but know food can be very expensive!

So frustrating have been trying ALL day to make ADRs online and keep getting error messages! Anyone else having trouble?
Yes for the last few days. We leave in less than 2 weeks. Luckily overall I am happy with what I got.

For the trip with my sons it looks like DS is going to be on his own for ADRs. Because our date is while I am gone.

I just got CSR free dining! I don't know if it's worth it though because we are only going to be there 3 nights, 2 days in the parks. It is $300 more than the reservation that I have for POR room only. There are 2 adults and 2 kids in our party. Opinions?? We have never been to Disney World, but know food can be very expensive!

If you get early character breakfasts and the kids can meet their favorite characters it would cost more than $300 by itself. That way you could experiance character meals and meet characters without waiting in line.

2 park days is not alot. You can only do 2, 3 at the most. Would you be doing sit down meals without FD? Dining can take a good amount of time.

You should go to Allears and look at the menus and prices and get an idea of what your family would eat and look at the prices. Would you buy a refillable mug? If so figure that in.

Depends partly how old the kids are as well. If they are over 10, they are considered adults on the menus. For example, if you go to Teppan Edo, with four adult meals drinks desserts you will be looking probably close to $200 for those four people for just that one meal. You would be looking at approximately $60 for a walk up meal for the same four adults. Add four dollars nuts, and then multiply all by two and that would give you an idea of cost versus dining plan. However, my family would never eat that way unless it was free. So to really compare cost/price, you have to do that math as well.

Fyi, just found the 2014 BB FD dates. 8/20 to 10/02. I may have to hope for a RO BB.
Just so that we don't confuse everyone, these are the dates for the return of the free dining bounce back historically. So, if you are attending the parks between mid August and often early to mid November, they will offer a free dining bounce back to return in August to early October the next year with free dining. There are also often some room only discounts that I believe are different dates.

I am trying to plan a Disney World visit this September, and am excited about the free Disney dining offer. My question, if I buy the required ticket package, would I be able to upgrade to a Premier Annual pass at Guest Services? Small caveat, I already have a premium pass to DL. Would I be able to upgrade that pass to Premier, along the DW tickets I would buy for the dining package? Would upgrading my ticket make the dining package void?

You can use what ever tickets you want. I do not think you can use the FD ticket to upgrade an exisiting ticket however I may be wrong. The important thing to remember is if you upgrade your existing ticket and want to keep your FD ticket for another time make sure to have your Premier ticket prioritized so that you do not use your FD ticket by mistake.

Yes for the last few days. We leave in less than 2 weeks. Luckily overall I am happy with what I got.

For the trip with my sons it looks like DS is going to be on his own for ADRs. Because our date is while I am gone.
I kept getting errors this morning but I just hit find table again until it worked. Never worked first time but almost always the second time.

I managed, with minor tweaks to my schedule, to get just about every ADR i wanted. I got 'Ohana, Chef Mickeys, Tusker House and Hollywood & Vine breakfasts & TRex's, Rainforest Café and Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic dinner. I even got an ADR for BOG for dinner!!! What couldn't I get? The Garden Grill & Coral Reef for dinner. Darn Food & Wine festival.

I say go for it! You'll spend more that $300 in those three days, expecially if you plan any sit down meals. The great part about the dinning plan for me is that I don't have to worry about how much the food costs. Even quick service meals add up very quickly.

Here in OH, giant eagle fuel perks are better. I figured out hat to pay off my entire balance with Disney gift cards from giant eagle, I'd get $550 in free gas, which I could then put that money towards the trip too. Plus, I will buy those gift cards from giant eagle with my credit card that gives me 2% cash back for another $130. On top of scoring free dining I feel like I won the lottery:rotfl2:

Last time I did the math it was like 12-13% off (happy dance) I will be very sad if Giant eagle ever takes away disney gift cards.

Here in OH, giant eagle fuel perks are better. I figured out hat to pay off my entire balance with Disney gift cards from giant eagle, I'd get $550 in free gas, which I could then put that money towards the trip too. Plus, I will buy those gift cards from giant eagle with my credit card that gives me 2% cash back for another $130. On top of scoring free dining I feel like I won the lottery:rotfl2:

Giant eagle shopper here too - do the same thing with the cards and disney visa!

The Giant Eagles in our area now have those self check out machines and they take coins like a champ.

Here is what I do save all my change for the month, head over to Giant eagle with my coins that the bank wouldn't take :rolleyes: feed the self check out machine, then use my credit card....

Just thought I would share if you didn't know.

Sort of, its a start atleast. Looks like BB's dont ever cover the end of October. Thanks donp!
This may help you Lou. We went in December last year and this was the BB offer then. There was no free dining, just RO discounts on "select" Disney resorts that were not specific.:

Save 35% on Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
Save 35% on Disney Deluxe Resorts
Save 30% on Disney Moderate Resorts

Offer valid for stays most nights: 1/3-1/7/15, 1/11-1/15/15, 1/19-2/11/15, 2/16-4/1/15, 4/10-5/20/15, 7/23-10/4/15, 10/16-11/5/15, 11/8-11/20/15, and 12/11-12/23/15

Hope this helps. :)

I just completed the survey about modifying a reservation. I found it odd that one of the questions was something to the effect of who did you consult with before modifying your ressie? Made it seem as if they were trying to figure who told me that FD would be available. But then again perhaps it's because of the conspiracy theory that was a posted a few days ago which, in part, I agree with that makes me think that.

This may help you Lou. We went in December last year and this was the BB offer then. There was no free dining, just RO discounts on "select" Disney resorts that were not specific.:

Save 35% on Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
Save 35% on Disney Deluxe Resorts
Save 30% on Disney Moderate Resorts

Offer valid for stays most nights: 1/3-1/7/15, 1/11-1/15/15, 1/19-2/11/15, 2/16-4/1/15, 4/10-5/20/15, 7/23-10/4/15, 10/16-11/5/15, 11/8-11/20/15, and 12/11-12/23/15

Hope this helps. :)
Thank You! Hopefully the RO offer is released before I check out.

So I hope this is a good sign, but I just got an email from Disney regarding my use of modification. They wanted my opinion on everything. I'm hoping a lot of people got it and they take our thoughts into consideration!
I got that email as well needless to say i was not very positive lol

Just so that we don't confuse everyone, these are the dates for the return of the free dining bounce back historically. So, if you are attending the parks between mid August and often early to mid November, they will offer a free dining bounce back to return in August to early October the next year with free dining. There are also often some room only discounts that I believe are different dates.
So if we're going this August, I can expect to get a FD BB for next August (2016) rather than a RO discount? Also, why isn't it a package discount and not room only?

So is the giant eagle discount on Disney cards better than getting them at SAMs club?

Your not getting cash off the gift cards. Here is the basic math.

They offer .10 or .20 of a gallon of gas up to 30 gallons. for every $50 in gc you purchase. The .1-.20 off can be cumulative.

So If im planing I Disney trip I Normally buy like 4 - 5k in Disney gift cards

I wait most of the time for them to offer the .20 fuel perks reward.

$5,000 / $50 = 100 gift cards

100 gc x .20 discount = $20 off gas

$20 x 30 gallons = $600 in free gas.

Which is basically 12% off the price of Disney vacation.

No if you combine this with cash back credit card or Disney credit card. the savings can jump by 1-3% also, because the purchase of gift cards is basically in the class of buying groceries. So that's another $50-150 in real moneyish.

this morning at 6, one time on two there where error messages ..with determinate, I success to have all adrs done and rellay happy..got BOG for 17h15

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter