• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

Mid November is pretty safe for free dinning. If you want to poke go look at Disney.com and see if you can book something online.
That's the easiest way to price things out before calling but know even if you don't see it on the website a call might get you the tweak you want.
We're going Nov 13-19th and when I called this morning to see about going back to our original dates (14-21st) there was nothing for either of our dates at values or mods (or options around those). We have five people. I asked about 4, and when she looked there was still nothing. Sharing my experience. We're already booked in a CBR pool view and I'm okay with that, but saving money by moving to a standard would be nice (as would going back to our original dates).

You can also do Target Debit/Credit Card and save 5% if you buy the Gift Cards.
My plan is to go thru Ebates.com and buy them with my Target Card.
That means 5% off from target and a extra 2% (Ebates) thats back in my pocket.
Never thought of that, I have a red card too! So if I take the $1500 I have to pay off my vaca, buy Dis gift cards from target, get 5% off - can I use those to pay off the vaca (I booked directly thru WDW)?

Never thought of that, I have a red card too! So if I take the $1500 I have to pay off my vaca, buy Dis gift cards from target, get 5% off - can I use those to pay off the vaca (I booked directly thru WDW)?
Yes you can!!

Seeing lots of folks being able to modify - CONGRATS. I think my week will be tough, we are going 10/26-10/30 and so far no dice in trying to find CSR or CBR w/fd that week. I think what is making me so crazy is that I had to do a preferred pool room at Pop to get the dining plus I paid to upgrade to Plus so between that cost, I think it would be the same if I could score 2 rooms at CSR or CBR. Unfortunately, there is nothing so far!

Good morning friends - if any of you are still trying to wiggle reservations with your dates, a LOT seemed to open up on the website this morning. We have been having a tough time finding anything with our date range (9/22 - 9/28) at the room for 5 mods, but this morning I couldn't believe it when I saw EVERY room category available at POR. POR is our very favorite, but we were hoping to try CBR this year to check it out since they now allow 5 in a room. We had booked Yacht Club when it popped up, as it was about $300 less than rack rate at CBR with paid dining which we had budgeted to pay in case a discount was not available for us ... I was getting very VERY excited to stay at such a beautiful resort where I could walk to Epcot and enjoy so many other things, but in the end this morning chose saving $1,800 over it because honestly we just don't spend time in our hotel room when we are at Disney! Truth be told though, I am still somewhat mourning the loss of what never was....hahaha. But.....I'm going to DISNEY WORLD so it's all good :) Moral of the story....patience is a virtue! Keep checking and check again...I know I will keep checking for CBR! I have never ever made so many changes to a reservation....love that it is now available to do online, but I do feel badly for the call center cast members I know it will eventually take jobs from.....
Thank you for this heads up. We were booked at a Value but just moved our reservation to POR for the first time! You are right a lot of hotels were opened up all of the sudden. We are going 9/19-9/25.

My TA just books the room package, emails me the confirmation and then collects the balance of my payment when due. I do the flight, all my ADRs, FP+ and have complete control of this including magic band through MDE. My TA simply gives me my reservation # and then I log onto MDE, type in the reserv# and off to the races. I suppose a few TA's may do some of these things for you if you asked (my TA explained that she has a few clients who want her to make their ADRs online) but most TAs would be relieved to simply book, get their commission then hand the extra work to you. I change my ADRs up often so I am happy with this arrangement.
Ditto! This is exactly how I work with my TA as well! Love it!

I personally think there is a huge advantage to Beach Club and Yacht Club. You can walk from those resorts to the International Gateway of Epcot. You can also walk to DHS, it's a bit longer but not too bad.

The monorail is at the front entrance at Epcot, so you would have to walk through Epcot to get to it. That would require a park hopper if you wanted to go to MK as well.
Thank you. Good information to have for the future! (Hoping next year too!)

YUP! Thats exactly right! I do it every year. I actually used $100 worth in Gift Cards to make part of my deposit :)
My vacation is costing me about $1550 (our Disneymoon, only two of us)
$1550 X .05= 77.5.
$1550-77.5= $1472.50

By going and buying GC's, Im saving about $78 dollars.
Thats $78 dollars I can use for souvenirs :)

YUP! Thats exactly right! I do it every year. I actually used $100 worth in Gift Cards to make part of my deposit :)
$1550 X .05= 77.5.
$1550-77.5= $1472.50

This is what I do too, I also have earned about $400 in target cards on a survey site...easy to earn spending money is fun!

Looks like they opened more pirate rooms since last night... but still no other rooms at CBR. I could save $200 by switching to POR (RO discount on Garden View), but really don't want to stay there again. Time to call to see if I have a UOC!

Is there a place online where you can do room requests or do you have to call or wait until you can do online check in?

You can also do Target Debit/Credit Card and save 5% if you buy the Gift Cards.
My plan is to go thru Ebates.com and buy them with my Target Card.
That means 5% off from target and a extra 2% (Ebates) thats back in my pocket.

I buy through Ebates a lot too, and do the 5% off at Target. I don't think Ebates gives cash back on Gift Card purchases though, have you tried this yet with success?

$1550 X .05= 77.5.
$1550-77.5= $1472.50

This is a great tip from everyone! I don't have a redcard yet but I'm going to get one.

You mentioned paying part of your deposit with gift cards - do you (or others) know if it's possible to pay the whole deposit with gift cards?

Thanks!

I buy through Ebates a lot too, and do the 5% off at Target. I don't think Ebates gives cash back on Gift Card purchases though, have you tried this yet with success?
I just did that the other day, and did get the ebates cash back on gift cards. I actually first buy target gift cards through raise.com, then use that at target(linked from ebates) and just set the red card as default. So I've saved like, 10-12% on just money to put in my vacation account. I wish I had a good credit card to get a % back on buying the target gift cards, but ah well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter