• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

Here in OH, giant eagle fuel perks are better. I figured out hat to pay off my entire balance with Disney gift cards from giant eagle, I'd get $550 in free gas, which I could then put that money towards the trip too. Plus, I will buy those gift cards from giant eagle with my credit card that gives me 2% cash back for another $130. On top of scoring free dining I feel like I won the lottery:rotfl2:
Me too! More money to spend at Disney!!!

OK I think I'm making a big mistake in thinking I should wait to see if I get a UOC.
I keep reading that people are getting an email (I've only ever got snail mail codes) and then now I've heard a few people call to say they wanted POR and RO discount and there is a code for it. I right now have Garden View booked. I almost switched to standard but now I'm worried I won't get RO and will have to move up to get RO. So will I really be saving any money when all is said and done? I'm still at Garden view. The system hung when I was trying to downgrade. So I just got out and my Myexperience account still says Garden view. This time having room only and not making a decision on tickets yet, I don't see my balance. When I had packages in the past I always saw the balance.

I guess I'll call in the morning. I hate to be a pest but I'm afraid if I wait for snail mail there will be nothing left as too many like POR. LOL
I wish they just put out the RO at the same time as FD.

Well Pixie dust to all. Good night.
pixiedust:

OK I think I'm making a big mistake in thinking I should wait to see if I get a UOC.
I keep reading that people are getting an email (I've only ever got snail mail codes) and then now I've heard a few people call to say they wanted POR and RO discount and there is a code for it. I right now have Garden View booked. I almost switched to standard but now I'm worried I won't get RO and will have to move up to get RO. So will I really be saving any money when all is said and done? I'm still at Garden view. The system hung when I was trying to downgrade. So I just got out and my Myexperience account still says Garden view. This time having room only and not making a decision on tickets yet, I don't see my balance. When I had packages in the past I always saw the balance.

I guess I'll call in the morning. I hate to be a pest but I'm afraid if I wait for snail mail there will be nothing left as too many like POR. LOL
I wish they just put out the RO at the same time as FD.

Well Pixie dust to all. Good night.
pixiedust:
Definitely don't wait. I received no email but I had a UOC. I was booked in a standard but it wasn't eligible for the offer, so basically I got a free upgrade to a pool view.

Good morning friends - if any of you are still trying to wiggle reservations with your dates, a LOT seemed to open up on the website this morning. We have been having a tough time finding anything with our date range (9/22 - 9/28) at the room for 5 mods, but this morning I couldn't believe it when I saw EVERY room category available at POR. POR is our very favorite, but we were hoping to try CBR this year to check it out since they now allow 5 in a room. We had booked Yacht Club when it popped up, as it was about $300 less than rack rate at CBR with paid dining which we had budgeted to pay in case a discount was not available for us ... I was getting very VERY excited to stay at such a beautiful resort where I could walk to Epcot and enjoy so many other things, but in the end this morning chose saving $1,800 over it because honestly we just don't spend time in our hotel room when we are at Disney! Truth be told though, I am still somewhat mourning the loss of what never was....hahaha. But.....I'm going to DISNEY WORLD so it's all good :) Moral of the story....patience is a virtue! Keep checking and check again...I know I will keep checking for CBR! I have never ever made so many changes to a reservation....love that it is now available to do online, but I do feel badly for the call center cast members I know it will eventually take jobs from.....

So is the giant eagle discount on Disney cards better than getting them at SAMs club?
It's not really a discount as much as you get fuel perks for buying them and then if you purchase with disney visa you get 2% disney rewards dollars because it's a grocery store. So we pay our trip off with them and get nearly $100 just in rewards dollars.

Good morning friends - if any of you are still trying to wiggle reservations with your dates, a LOT seemed to open up on the website this morning. We have been having a tough time finding anything with our date range (9/22 - 9/28) at the room for 5 mods, but this morning I couldn't believe it when I saw EVERY room category available at POR. POR is our very favorite, but we were hoping to try CBR this year to check it out since they now allow 5 in a room. We had booked Yacht Club when it popped up, as it was about $300 less than rack rate at CBR with paid dining which we had budgeted to pay in case a discount was not available for us ... I was getting very VERY excited to stay at such a beautiful resort where I could walk to Epcot and enjoy so many other things, but in the end this morning chose saving $1,800 over it because honestly we just don't spend time in our hotel room when we are at Disney! Truth be told though, I am still somewhat mourning the loss of what never was....hahaha. But.....I'm going to DISNEY WORLD so it's all good :) Moral of the story....patience is a virtue! Keep checking and check again...I know I will keep checking for CBR! I have never ever made so many changes to a reservation....love that it is now available to do online, but I do feel badly for the call center cast members I know it will eventually take jobs from.....
Wow, that's awesome! And encouraging for those that are looking for Port Orleans. Hope people can snag things that they have been waiting for! We will be at Riverside as well right before you!

I was so disappointed with the FD offer. My family's first trip to WDW and we booked a standard at CBR back in the winter for 9/27-10/03. Was told I had to upgrade to a pirate room to get free dining, so we downgraded to ASSp which I really didn't want to stay at.
Ended up finding a package for free dining at POP 9/26-10/3 so I looked to see how much it would cost me to change our flight with Southwest a day earlier. I was figuring at least $100, but it was practically the same price! It cost me $2.67 out of pocket to change the flight and now we get an extra day at Disney with free dining at POP! (and we upgraded to the regular dining plan!)

:)

Thank you so much for the heads up on the POR room. We were planning on going to Disney regardless, but really wanted POR free dining. Monday, all day I tried to get it with no luck. I then changed my dates and I was able to get CBR, then a few hours later I was able to get POR for my new dates. This morning, I was able to get POR for my original dates. Thank you so much!

I originally had 3 rooms booked at BEach Resort garden view rooms for 9/13 to 9/19. When I changed to free dining there were no garden view rooms were available so I had to upgrade to pool view. I still saved $1,300 so I was happy. This morning I checked and garden view rooms were available. I was not sure how many but I was hoping for all 3. It wouldn't allow me to modify on line so I had to call in. I called at 7 AM, got an agent right away. She was pleasure to work with. She rushed everything to try and get me the 3 garden view rooms. She was able to do it and this saved me another $1,750. As soon as she confirmed everything the system went down. I am so happy. She advised me to check MDE which I did. 2 of the 3 rooms so correctly but the 3rd room still shows pool view but with the new price. I will have to keep checking that. Thanks to everyone on here who advised people to be persistent and to keep checking.

Went on the website to make some modifications and it's very glitchy this morning. When are they ever going to get that website together. Sigh

Ok. I'm coming in late here. I haven't even logged on here in many months. Not to mention, we haven't been to Disneyworld since 2008. But, I have almost $2500 in Disney reward money from my Disney VISA plus money we've been saving occasionally. So, we plan to return after our seven year hiatus.

So the obvious question. What dates have been announced for free dining? We're planning to go in mid-November before Thanksgiving week. If we have to, we could also go in early December but mid-November works best for us. I don't get the Disney emails anymore so we're pretty much out of the loop. Thanks.

Get on the website now if you are still looking! I just snagged two preferred rooms at POR. Got us out of the overpriced Pirate Rooms at CBR. Do it online. I tried calling first, but the CM couldn't get into the system to do it for me. They are pushing updates.

Ok. I'm coming in late here. I haven't even logged on here in many months. Not to mention, we haven't been to Disneyworld since 2008. But, I have almost $2500 in Disney reward money from my Disney VISA plus money we've been saving occasionally. So, we plan to return after our seven year hiatus.

So the obvious question. What dates have been announced for free dining? We're planning to go in mid-November before Thanksgiving week. If we have to, we could also go in early December but mid-November works best for us. I don't get the Disney emails anymore so we're pretty much out of the loop. Thanks.
Mid November is pretty safe for free dinning. If you want to poke go look at Disney.com and see if you can book something online.
That's the easiest way to price things out before calling but know even if you don't see it on the website a call might get you the tweak you want.

Get on the website now if you are still looking! I just snagged two preferred rooms at POR. Got us out of the overpriced Pirate Rooms at CBR. Do it online. I tried calling first, but the CM couldn't get into the system to do it for me. They are pushing updates.
Oh good to know. I don't really have time this morning to call so I was hoping if I wanted until later this morning it would be ok. Guess you took some guilt and anxiety away.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/stay-dine/

Thanks so much for this post! I originally had a CBR preferred room booked and I was able to switch to a POR preferred and add an extra day for $12 less!! Like you I was hoping to check out CBR but if I can spend less money on an extra day I am going to do it.

Mid November is pretty safe for free dinning. If you want to poke go look at Disney.com and see if you can book something online.
That's the easiest way to price things out before calling but know even if you don't see it on the website a call might get you the tweak you want.

At least for our dates they are all picked over. No values or moderates available.

Checking in on the 13th or 14th gives you the most options. If you play around with end dates there is a good amount of choice. At this time if you were to check in to CSR on the 14th and leave one day earlier than prompted there is availability. AKL shows availability all week.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter