2015 DVC Alaska Member Cruise 5/25-5/31/15

I noticed a child in there, is that a typo or is there a child? (insert Monsters Inc panic here..kidding..just want to make sure and plan properly if there is indeed an 11 year old)
Hey, that is us. We are on 2 lists, both Adult and main as we really enjoy the FE exchanges. DD will be covered there, so you can just think of it as my DW and I on the adult list.

Anyone decided on their shore excursions yet? I can start booking on Jan 25th, so trying to decide which ones to choose. Do you have a favorite?:cool1:

Johnny Quest,
We are in cabin 2639 and my adult daughter is over 21. (just in case any1 wants to give alcohol. ;)) No allergies. Thanks for adding us

Hey, that is us. We are on 2 lists, both Adult and main as we really enjoy the FE exchanges. DD will be covered there, so you can just think of it as my DW and I on the adult list.

I'd be happy to get DD a gift..since she is the only child, what would she like? :)

Anyone decided on their shore excursions yet? I can start booking on Jan 25th, so trying to decide which ones to choose. Do you have a favorite?:cool1:

besides whale watching in Juneau, we've only gotten as far as researching Skagway.
the wallet is pulling toward the rail / bus excursion, but my head is dreaming about the helicopter / dog sled ride.

There's also a glacier canoe adventure that looks awesome but we're concerned about the time of year. May is probably the wrong month for that, so I'm not sure it will even be available.

What about everyone else?

Haven't been here in a long time and just finished catching up. I didn't see if anyone had done a graphic for this cruise. On past cruises people would create designs and print them for tshirts or bags or lanyards. Am I thinking too far ahead since you're all talking about flights or is everyone just going with whatever DVC has?

I have posted a high definition graphic Member Cruise logo on the front page, along with instructions on how to copy it to your signature. The larger image can be used for transfers.

I just checked with member services on a whim to see what is available for this cruise. I was told there are literally 3 cabins remaining.

Deck 2aft - #2632 - 9C
Deck 5mid - #5518 - 9A
Deck 8mid - #8540 - 4A

Cruise Info:

7-Night Alaskan Cruise on Disney Wonder - Itinerary A
Sail Date: May 25, 2015
Ship: Disney Wonder

Day Port Guest Ashore Guest Onboard
1 Vancouver, Canada ------------- 4:00 p.m.
2 At Sea ------------- -----------
3 Tracy Arm, Alaska Cruising Cruising
4 Skagway, Alaska 7:15 a.m. 7:45 p.m.
5 Juneau, Alaska 6:15 a.m. 4:45 p.m.
6 Ketchikan, Alaska 11:15 a.m. 7:45 p.m.
7 At Sea ------------- -------------
8 Vancouver, Canada 8:00 a.m. -------------

Air and Ground Transfers for U.S. Travelers Sailing to Alaska: Guests embarking on a Disney cruise to Alaska will fly into Vancouver International Airport and then take a motor coach to the Canada Place Cruise Terminal.

Information of Vancouver Area Hotels can be found in the following threads:

Information on Vancouver Private Transportation can be found in the following threads:

Information on Cruise Excursions can be found in the following threads:

Fish Extender Exchange for the 2015 DVC Alaska Member Cruise

This is meant to be a fun exchange and getting to know each other. Please do not feel as though you have to do something expensive or extravagant. Just have fun!

CLICK HERE > 2015 DVC Member Alaska Cruise - FE INFORMATION < CLICK HERE

Thread Role Call For those that requested it (in alpha-order)

Autumnl78
Aunt Peggy
BinkYABT
bobbiwoz
Daffydee
DisneyBelle99
Duckieluckey
ExpeditionEverest
eeyorejanet
Jay Kat
JimmyL47
Johnny Quest
Let'sGoToDisney
leslienish
LOLA2
lukikam
maburke
Mathmagicland
MMouse2
mommacat56
monorialrider
myxdvz
NJMermaid
nrexxma44
OKraysLoveDisney
Pamelalouise
poison ivy
scruffiee24
slmjam
stayfos
suzysharp
therina
TheSoderquackers
Tidefan
Tigger1313
Windermere

Last updated #228

Personal Note:
As a side note, I work 1 full time job, a part time job. I am very excited about this cruise, it is our second DVC member cruise, and first Alaska cruise. :)
What is a "fish exchange"?

I just checked with member services on a whim to see what is available for this cruise. I was told there are literally 3 cabins remaining.

Deck 2aft - #2632 - 9C
Deck 5mid - #5518 - 9A
Deck 8mid - #8540 - 4A

So wonder who the three lucky people are who decide at the last minute to join us and will get a cabin?

Dining rotations for Alaska:

I know they have closed a whole dining room down in the past for member cruises which I'm assuming will impact the rotations, but here's what I found so far.

PTTAPTA
TAAPTAP
APPTAPT

Day 1 Embarkation-Rotational Restaurant Menu
Day 2 At Sea-Golden Mickeys Menu/Formal
Day 3 Tracy Arm-Rotational Restaurant Menu
Day 4 Skagway-Rotational Restaurant Menu
Day 5 Juneau-Toy Story Menu/Semi-Formal
Day 6 Ketchikan-Taste of Alaska Menu
Day 7 At Sea-'Til We Meet Again Menu

can anyone confirm if this is accurate?

thanks

Dining rotations for Alaska:

I know they have closed a whole dining room down in the past for member cruises which I'm assuming will impact the rotations, but here's what I found so far.

PTTAPTA
TAAPTAP
APPTAPT

thanks

This is my first member cruise - so I'm not quite following, why would they close a whole dining room? And is it the same one closed for the entire cruise or a different one close each night? Thanks -

Hello fellow DVC Member Cruisers!
Please add my husband, Gordon, and myself, Sally, to the next open Adult Only FE Exchange for the 05/25/15 -06/01/15 Alaskan Cruise.
Our stateroom is 7625
Gordon has allergy to eggs
Me- no food allergies

This is my first member cruise - so I'm not quite following, why would they close a whole dining room? And is it the same one closed for the entire cruise or a different one close each night? Thanks -

We've only sailed on one previous member cruise - Sept 2013 on the Disney Dream. Since it was purposely sold at a lower capacity, they eliminated one entire dining rotation. So every night a different main dining restaurant in that particular rotation would be closed.

I don't know how that will compare to the Disney Wonder for this trip. We couldn't get confirmation on the % of cabins they sold for our cruise so we're not sure about the capacity this time around. If it's not full, they may shut down a rotation on one of the dining cycles.

Hello fellow FEers and cruise mates! Hubby & I have changed our stateroom to 6086. I believe we are on all the FE lists. I believe someone is in the process of changing it on the lists for us but wanted to post publicly as well. I also wanted to let everyone know right away that our old room on deck 5 w/Veranda (near back of ship with a solid bottom part so can't see ocean while sitting down outside or inside) is available if anyone is looking for a different room. May can't come fast enough for us, looking forward to having fun with all of you
!!

Hello fellow DVC Member Cruisers!
Please add my husband, Gordon, and myself, Sally, to the next open Adult Only FE Exchange for the 05/25/15 -06/01/15 Alaskan Cruise.
Our stateroom is 7625
Gordon has allergy to eggs
Me- no food allergies

Hello fellow FEers and cruise mates! Hubby & I have changed our stateroom to 6086. I believe we are on all the FE lists. I believe someone is in the process of changing it on the lists for us but wanted to post publicly as well. I also wanted to let everyone know right away that our old room on deck 5 w/Veranda (near back of ship with a solid bottom part so can't see ocean while sitting down outside or inside) is available if anyone is looking for a different room. May can't come fast enough for us, looking forward to having fun with all of you
!!

Ok, I have updated the FE lists to include your info. Please double check it, thanks.

Ok, I have updated the FE lists to include your info. Please double check it, thanks.

Great to see some more activity on the FE exchanges.

I don't think I mentioned that my sister and two of her friends are going on a cruise to Alaska (on another cruiseline) about a week ahead of us. Strange, neither of us have been to Alaska, and soon both of us will be able to say that we have. Hopefully she will be able to give us a preview of what the weather is like a few days ahead. She just booked her flights this week, so I guess I better get it together soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter