• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Roll Call

POP! Jan 25 - Feb 1

Bring on the MB and FP+ because we're ready! (Thanks to the DIS) :disrocks:

I checked in earlier to tell everyone about my split stay at the end of January.

Of course, after months of planning and so forth, my partners two young adult kids decided they wanted to join us. So now our split stay is now just a stay at Port Orleans Riverside and we've extended our stay a few days to accommodate the schedule of my partner's daughter's schedule. Now we will be in Disney World from January 25 - February 5. The son and daughter will be with us from the 31st to the 2nd. It'll be my first time meeting my partners son, so this is a double-whammy of excitement for me!

The frustrating part is trying to snag ADRs for the four of us without the advance notice. I'm keeping my eyes on the cancelation threads in hopes of a nice dinner together at BOG or something else for a memorable evening.
Don't give up hope on BOG. For our trip last month they must have held back and released some reservations because after months of nothing reservations were opening up for every day of our trip about two weeks out.:)

Some of those sound like great places, Mollyseven! Perhaps I'll look in to adding reservations to one of those places for just me and my partner considering how much time we will have to ourselves. I have about four ADRs for our 25-5th trip but I'm afraid of over planning.

Thanks for the encouragement, Pigletto! I suppose I have my heart set on Be Our guest because the kids will only be with us from the 31st to the 3rd, and so will only have two full days in the parks. If I could snag a reservation for the four of us, they could still spend a bunch of time inside the parks and enjoy an iconic setting.

We will be staying at Kidani May 16-19 - had to use up a flight credit so between that and the DVC room it's a nice cheap weekend away!! :cool1: Will be our first time back in the parks in years - I'm very excited to finally see Main street electric parade...... last time I saw it I was 4 yrs old at Disneyland!!

Hoping to celebrate Christmas in the World this year!

Tentative dates are December 20th to 30th...first half at AKL and offsite for second half, hitting up Universal and IofA for the first time!

Now to get the money together... :laughing:

Hello!

We are going in Oct!!! We loved our Oct trip last year!

Here is my plan:

Check in AKV Oct. 26-31/14

Check in BCV Oct. 31-Nov. 3/14

We rented points from a member on here!!! This will be our 1st stay at AKV DD #2 is super excited!!!!!

:woohoo:

We are booked at POP from Sept 27-Oct 4th to celebrate out 10th wedding anniversary. It is an adult only trip so I can't wait. I do feel guilty for not bringing our DD16 but she can't come everywhere with us. :)

DVC stay, Mar 15-19 at BWV (Boardwalk view), Mar 19-23 at the new Villas at the Grand Floridian (lake view) We're waitlisted at AKL for the GF stay but will gladly take the new resort if nothing pops up at AK.

We've just ordered passes from Undercover Tourist and once we've received them we'll be looking at setting up our FP+. All of our dining reservations are in place. Now we just twiddle our thumbs for 2 months while we wait...

- Mike

We are planning a DL trip mid August and then WDW in October to take in all the Halloween festivities at the Magic Kingdom, Sea World and Universal. Can hardly wait!

:banana:

WDW in October to take in all the Halloween festivities at the Magic Kingdom, Sea World and Universal.

I have been toying with this same idea. I have an extra week to use for our timeshare over and above our 2 weeks in August (so its either use the additional week or rent it out). DS has a reading week from college in October. DH will have extra vacation time to use. And we've never been in Orlando when all the Halloween festivities are happening. Its like the travel Gods are saying "book it Gina, BOOK IT!". :rolleyes1

GO ahead and book it Gina. You will not regret it!

:):):)

Seems silly to admit, but what worries me the most is what people will say. An October vacation would mean that we would be going back just six weeks after we come home from our August trip. A substantial portion of our friends and relatives already think we are a little nutty for regular getaways to Florida.....I can only imagine what they would think when we were barely unpacked before leaving again!!!

Seems silly to admit, but what worries me the most is what people will say. An October vacation would mean that we would be going back just six weeks after we come home from our August trip. A substantial portion of our friends and relatives already think we are a little nutty for regular getaways to Florida.....I can only imagine what they would think when we were barely unpacked before leaving again!!!

Gina, I use to feel the same way. Now, I just tell them that with my new job as a "hand model", it's just part of the job. They just give me this confused look .... :rotfl:

I think most people would say 'Lucky!'. We are doing the same, two Disney trips in two months. I can hardly wait! I just tell people the only reason I work is so I can vacation.

:goodvibes

Hi All !

We're beginning plans for a Sept-Oct 2014 trip (our third trip in 4 years) ....hoping for free dining , cheap flights out of halifax or bangor and a rental car from MCO. Doing three days disney, plus MNSSHP , Universal/IOA for 2 days and probably a water park (haven't decided which yet) ... any deals/discounts for those months you came across i'd love to know about :flower3:

Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Nov 9-16
Two nights at Caribbean Resort beforehand and two nights POR post cruise.
Just my DH and myself. I will turn 65 on the ship LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter