• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014 Roll Call

Going feb 5-10th staying at POP, then going to universal for two nights,(staying off site) then spending a week at my fathers (Lives an hour out of ORL)

My 4th trip, but will be my brother's first and boyfriends second. :)
:cool1:

It's booked! We're returning back to the Yacht Club, as our beloved Poly is currently undergoing a renovation for the next little while. We're going Aug 24 - 31. A shout out of thanks to Kristin at Magical Vacations Travel. First trip with Magic Bands and FP+. That will be interesting!:cool1::banana::cheer2:

It's booked! We're returning back to the Yacht Club, as our beloved Poly is currently undergoing a renovation for the next little while. We're going Aug 24 - 31. A shout out of thanks to Kristin at Magical Vacations Travel. First trip with Magic Bands and FP+. That will be interesting!:cool1::banana::cheer2:

You'll be there the same time as us! :goodvibes We arrive the 17th and return home the 31st.

There's a Dismeet for the end of August in the works. I will post the details here (closer to the travel dates) so if anyone wants to join in, they can!

April 26-30 at BCV for our first trip to Disney as adults, then sailing on the Dream for a 3 night cruise. :goodvibes

January 30th for a week at Port Orleans Riverside....we debated trying at deluxe but couldn't justify the 856.00 more for a standard room at AKL....POR is my all time favourite anyhow!!! Cannnott wait.
Haven't booked any meals or anything....going to book flights from Toronto this weekend!!

POR February 2-11th!!!
We were there last February and it was so wonderful to get away from the snow! We're surprising our boys again this time, unfortunately we have to leave for the airport at 5am so I'm not sure how receptive they'll be!!!! :duck:

January 30th for a week at Port Orleans Riverside....we debated trying at deluxe but couldn't justify the 856.00 more for a standard room at AKL....POR is my all time favourite anyhow!!! Cannnott wait.
Haven't booked any meals or anything....going to book flights from Toronto this weekend!!

We had a similar thought and had originally booked WL. We decided in the end though that the extra $1000 for somewhere we'll really only sleep was silly. We've stayed at CBR before and loved it, so excited to be going back (the day after you - Feb 1-10)

It's getting so close now! Even though the kids are older they still asked if I could do a countdown chain for them. They start on Christmas because we're going to another part of FL for a week before Disney!!!

I'd love to surprise the kids as you've done Canooknic. I've never been able to contain myself so far, but if this trip goes well enough for DH that we can book another (hoping for a good bounceback offer), I think I'll really try to rein it in and do that next time.

Have any of you considered renting DVC points? I rented through suite trips travel in november and paid a lot less. A studio there. Is cheaper than getting a room at POP or any Value. The owner posts on here but has her. Own website and facebook and twitter. Not sure if I can link to a site so I won't but look it up. Lisa helped us out and we saved a lot of money. If you can get the savannah view. We sat out there for hours watching the animals.

Have any of you considered renting DVC points? I rented through suite trips travel in november and paid a lot less. A studio there. Is cheaper than getting a room at POP or any Value. The owner posts on here but has her. Own website and facebook and twitter. Not sure if I can link to a site so I won't but look it up. Lisa helped us out and we saved a lot of money. If you can get the savannah view. We sat out there for hours watching the animals.

We rent points quite often and have found them to be a great option. That being said, sometimes there are better options for some ie package deals, discounts like the AP discounts etc. a lot depends on when and where you plan to say. Right now I'm at SSR poolside with rented points, yet last week, I was at Coronado Springs on an AP discount. I find that when the season gets expensive, the point rental becomes a better option. The risk here, is that you need a quality provider of points and lots of notice. The best resorts and rooms book up fast.

We rent points quite often and have found them to be a great option. That being said, sometimes there are better options for some ie package deals, discounts like the AP discounts etc. a lot depends on when and where you plan to say. Right now I'm at SSR poolside with rented points, yet last week, I was at Coronado Springs on an AP discount. I find that when the season gets expensive, the point rental becomes a better option. The risk here, is that you need a quality provider of points and lots of notice. The best resorts and rooms book up fast.

We tried it for the first time this year and were very happy. We had a 2 bedroom Villa with a Savannah view for a couple nights. We booked to late to have one for the whole trip but it was an experience. We usually get 3 rooms at POP but went with the Villa for 7 of us. 3 bathrooms, 3 separate living areas and the full kitchen made for a great trip. I loved the hotel. Being at WDW takes you away from everyday life, but this just took it to the next level. It was so peaceful and yet so alive. Not sure I can stay anywhere else ever again although I could make an exception for the castle suite.

I admit to being worried about taking such a leap of faith but it really worked out well for us. The thought that we could end up out alot of money and left with no room was concerning but that is the price you pay for renting. However we were very happy and well taken care of. We have been thinking about buying DVC in the coming years, probably resale looking at the prices, and this was a great taste of what it is like. Post Disney Depression only gets worse when talking about it here. hahahaha

I've got quite a few "for sure" trips in the go already!! :banana:

Jan 6-10th at AKL, solo, for an audition trip and a few days of play!

May 4-10th, with 3 friends, one first timer! 2 of us doing birthdays!
-Staying at Riverside, in a Royal Room, super excited, will be doing DDP as well to save some money once we're down there.\
-Doing HDDR, and Beirgarten for dining sit down wise

Sept: not sure of the dates I planned, but we're doing a solid 2 week trip! One of the same friends from May, my bff, and another friend!
-Doing Seaworld, Islands of Adventure, Universal, and all Disney parks
-FOUR Halloween parties! What can we say, WE LOVE MNSSHP!!!

Nov: again, not sure the dates, but it's a Disapalooza of meet ups and Food and Wine festivities!!

I've got quite a few "for sure" trips in the go already!! :banana:

Jan 6-10th at AKL, solo, for an audition trip and a few days of play!

May 4-10th, with 3 friends, one first timer! 2 of us doing birthdays!
-Staying at Riverside, in a Royal Room, super excited, will be doing DDP as well to save some money once we're down there.\
-Doing HDDR, and Beirgarten for dining sit down wise

Sept: not sure of the dates I planned, but we're doing a solid 2 week trip! One of the same friends from May, my bff, and another friend!
-Doing Seaworld, Islands of Adventure, Universal, and all Disney parks
-FOUR Halloween parties! What can we say, WE LOVE MNSSHP!!!

Nov: again, not sure the dates, but it's a Disapalooza of meet ups and Food and Wine festivities!!

Wow! 4 Halloween parties??? I'm impressed!! :worship:

We will be doing a pre-Christmas trip to Disneyland from Dec 20-24.
Hoping to stay on site at Paradise Pier, so we can make good use of the extra early hours, but will have to see. It's so much more expensive .... but I figure with the Christmas crowds it might be worth it! ;)

Alison

We are hoping to get down Dec 27 and into 2015. We have teachers in the family now so are limited to dates. We have gone down over the holidays over the years but been lucky enough to have a 2 week stay so we were able to relax the first week then do the parks and shop the second week. Oh boy it is going to be different.

btw the Nova Scotia Dis Meet for GKTW is on again for August. Watch for official dates and come enjoy the company of the DIS team and other like minded Disney freaks.

I checked in earlier to tell everyone about my split stay at the end of January.

Of course, after months of planning and so forth, my partners two young adult kids decided they wanted to join us. So now our split stay is now just a stay at Port Orleans Riverside and we've extended our stay a few days to accommodate the schedule of my partner's daughter's schedule. Now we will be in Disney World from January 25 - February 5. The son and daughter will be with us from the 31st to the 2nd. It'll be my first time meeting my partners son, so this is a double-whammy of excitement for me!

The frustrating part is trying to snag ADRs for the four of us without the advance notice. I'm keeping my eyes on the cancelation threads in hopes of a nice dinner together at BOG or something else for a memorable evening.

Not sure what BOG is...for the life of me cannot put that together...must be too early in the day for me. I was booking dining last night for Jan 30-Feb6th and not finding too many issues. ....oh crap, just realized that was Be Our Guest, I was just going to say that is the one I couldn't get!! Also couldn't get Ohana either for our dates. But everything at Epcot was available and lots of great stuff Downtown Disney. Wolfgang Puck café is great as is Paradiso 37 and this time we are trying Portobello.
Hope you find something great and have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter