Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Another day and no dates...I really hope it is not released around the holidays!!

I wish they'd just give us a month or something say "We intended to release the 2014 dates in late fall but after (such and such) we are releasing them in mid winter (A.K.A Late December Early January). Thank you for your patience!" but noooo they make us wait and wonder lol

Totally agree.

In a friendly non judgemental way I aways find it a little bit amusing when DCL sails to Europe and the Disboard is filled with panic about how dangerous Europe is. If it isn't pick pocketing in Barcelona then it was scams in Naples or Rome.. Now the unrest and protests in Spain and Greece are top of the list of concerns.

The trouble in Spain and Greece is related to the economy, people without jobs protesting about their situation or people forced into deep austerity measures having watched those in government line their pockets. What we are not seeing is armed gangs attacking tourists (or general population)

A quick browse of US news websites shows a far higher level of gun crime and violent crime than are experienced in *most* European countries, a wider spread gang problem and plenty of areas where you mustn't go if you are a tourist. When we went to New York in the summer our local "big apple greeter" was lovely but advised us where on the map it was and was not safe to go and this was also advised by the hotel staff. Police are routinely armed in the US just as they are in parts of continental Europe (though not here in the UK)

I guess what I am saying is it is all about familiarity and perception. The threat to you as a tourist in Spain is probably no greater than to you walking round a major city in the US but because it is far away and unfamiliar there is a tendency to become alarmist.

Obviously some of the Middle Eastern ports are a different matter at the moment, but to intimate that it is possibly too dangerous for DCL to sail out of Spain is definitely painting a wholly inaccurate picture of what is happening in Spain at the moment.

Just my humble opinion,
Mel
x

Well said.

We were on the Mexican Riviera cruise in March earlier this year. When in Puerto Vallarta, there were soldiers with machine guns at the port. My husband has some family members about an hour and half away from the port who drove down to see us while we were there for the day. They were held up twice on the drive! They got away unscathed both times telling the robbers that they (the robbers) had more money than they did.

But other than that, we felt ok. I grew up on a military base, so seeing soldiers walking around with machine guns is the norm for me.

Just so you know, this is not unusual or untypical for Mexican military or police... it's been their weapon choices for years. Wherever we've traveled, through Mexico, we've seen some seriously high powered weaponry in hand.

Just so you know, this is not unusual or untypical for Mexican military or police... it's been their weapon choices for years. Wherever we've traveled, through Mexico, we've seen some seriously high powered weaponry in hand.

It is very common in Mexico, one thing that is just is odd seeing really big guys with really big machine guns walking around in this country. Last time we were in Now York they were in Times Square. Guess it is just a sign of the times.

I wish they'd just give us a month or something say "We intended to release the 2014 dates in late fall but after (such and such) we are releasing them in mid winter (A.K.A Late December Early January). Thank you for your patience!" but noooo they make us wait and wonder lol

I agree! I think if they made an annoucement like that they would have an increase in booking opening day!!

waiting - waiting - waiting...

Also waiting on the freeking apple store to open. Returned DWs iPad 3 today (35 days old) and now trying to get an iPad 4 instead... Better order it tonight so it gets in on Nov 2nd... She'll be out of it for a week and that's way too much already...

They did say late October... next week will still be October even if only half of it...

Also waiting on the freeking apple store to open. Returned DWs iPad 3 today (35 days old) and now trying to get an iPad 4 instead... Better order it tonight so it gets in on Nov 2nd... She'll be out of it for a week and that's way too much already...

They did say late October... next week will still be October even if only half of it...

Just curious who told you late October?!! Hope you are right!!

DH and I were just talking about this last night. I got an ipad2 for Christmas last year. Since then, in less than 12 mths, they have released newer versions twice. These are not cheap devices. They need to slow down. It is annoying to have something outdated so fast. Once a year would be more than adequate, IMHO.

Totally agree.

In a friendly non judgemental way I aways find it a little bit amusing when DCL sails to Europe and the Disboard is filled with panic about how dangerous Europe is. If it isn't pick pocketing in Barcelona then it was scams in Naples or Rome.. Now the unrest and protests in Spain and Greece are top of the list of concerns.

The trouble in Spain and Greece is related to the economy, people without jobs protesting about their situation or people forced into deep austerity measures having watched those in government line their pockets. What we are not seeing is armed gangs attacking tourists (or general population)

A quick browse of US news websites shows a far higher level of gun crime and violent crime than are experienced in *most* European countries, a wider spread gang problem and plenty of areas where you mustn't go if you are a tourist. When we went to New York in the summer our local "big apple greeter" was lovely but advised us where on the map it was and was not safe to go and this was also advised by the hotel staff. Police are routinely armed in the US just as they are in parts of continental Europe (though not here in the UK)

I guess what I am saying is it is all about familiarity and perception. The threat to you as a tourist in Spain is probably no greater than to you walking round a major city in the US but because it is far away and unfamiliar there is a tendency to become alarmist.

Obviously some of the Middle Eastern ports are a different matter at the moment, but to intimate that it is possibly too dangerous for DCL to sail out of Spain is definitely painting a wholly inaccurate picture of what is happening in Spain at the moment.

Just my humble opinion,
Mel
x

I have a different take, wish i didn't. I'll preface by saying I'm a big disney and DCL fan, often travel internationally but pick-pockets and petty theft are expected and we take the obvious precautions to prevent/lessen possible loss.

my DH was stationed in med area for years when serving in navy, decades ago ;). He enjoyed traveling throughout the area and was treated well by most locals. We had planned to take a cruise there serveral years ago but cancelled, just not within our personal security comfort zone.

It's all within one's perspective. My concern (yes, it's remote but nagging enough thought that we'd likely book another line if we did decide to book a med cruise anytime soon) is that a DCL ship would be a very high profile target, being such an icon and having a large % of US citizens aboard. Obviously, it's a unlikely to happen and many don't feel the same way and would scoff, but i've spoken to others who have cruised the area and feel the same way. Everybody has their own threshold. There are enough guests who want to book this itinerary and I hope they have lovely travels.

Just hoping DCL keeps offering a wide variety of sailings to please everybody.:)

i've seen police with guns/dogs in US airport passenger areas and think it's a good idea here, let alone in foreign ports of call (especially mexico) where security presence is most welcome.

+1

That would just be common sense and good, basic cutomer service. Not sure why they would be reluctant to do that, but it seems to be the case.

just spoke with DCL and I asked about the 2014 dates, she said they have not been notified of when they will be released, however she felt very strongly that it would be by month end and or early Nov. Not sure. I got a quote for 2013 but really think it maybe best to wait now(it's so close)

Has anyone heard anything about the 2014 itineraries? I heard they might be out in October (now) or as late as next year. Any information?

I think whatever plans they may have had for releasing them next week may be delayed by Hurricane Sandy :confused3

I think whatever plans they may have had for releasing them next week may be delayed by Hurricane Sandy :confused3

I'm curious as to why you think weather would impact what they may or may not release next week? The storm is already passing by.

I'm curious as to why you think weather would impact what they may or may not release next week? The storm is already passing by.

Since the storm has a 300 mile radius and they predict it will affect an area as large as from Ocean City, Maryland to New England, with massive power outages lasting 1 to 10 days, I was just thinking that they may realize they will lose the whole east coast's ability to book for a few days. Just a thought :rolleyes1

It has yet to reach some major cities in the northeast. Power outages are expected. Many people wouldn't be able to book.... not like that would be foremost on their minds, though. :guilty:

Since the storm has a 300 mile radius and they predict it will affect an area as large as from Ocean City, Maryland to New England, with massive power outages lasting 1 to 10 days, I was just thinking that they may realize they will lose the whole east coast's ability to book for a few days. Just a thought :rolleyes1

Yea, and I of course hope that doesn't happen. Last year my mom and other family members were without power for over a week. But nature happens everyday. If DCL or any other place waited until everyone in the world was ready it would never get released.

Yea, and I of course hope that doesn't happen. Last year my mom and other family members were without power for over a week. But nature happens everyday. If DCL or any other place waited until everyone in the world was ready it would never get released.

True. I read that the Magic and Wonder dates weren't released until January while the Dream and Fantasy dates were released in October. Now that the ships have been out for a while I bet they'll release them in January. Just from that information :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter