2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival 9/19-11/10

I just got a call from Disney, they are no longer having the late night party on Tuesday Sept 23. We rescheduled for Thursday.

mejo said:
I just got a call from Disney, they are no longer having the late night party on Tuesday Sept 23. We rescheduled for Thursday.

Not a good sign. We picked a Tuesday (Nov) because we don't have a Thursday. Really hope its just a September thing.

Just listened to a message on my phone from Disney they want to talk to me about my premium package. I book for Tues Nov 30th. :sad:

We got a call this evening about our premium package. We are booked for late night on Tuesday October 7, I hope they don't cancel. We have MNSSHP on the Thursday night.

Have to call them in the AM.

We will be there on 9/19. Do they normally post the menu boards before the first day?

Someone usually takes photos of the menu boards on the kiosks and posts them here or a link if they're on a different board as soon as they are visible. In the past it has been in advance of the first day. Worst case scenario, typically there is a CM preview the day before so the kiosks will be open then.

Someone usually takes photos of the menu boards on the kiosks and posts them here or a link if they're on a different board as soon as they are visible. In the past it has been in advance of the first day. Worst case scenario, typically there is a CM preview the day before so the kiosks will be open then.
Ok, thank you!

The Late Nights Live! page now shows the event taking place only on Thursdays. I'm booked for a Tuesday. Has anyone heard anything about them cancelling the Tuesdays?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/food-wine-late-nights-live/

The Disney Parks Blog post that announced the Premium Package and Late Night Live events has also been updated - the after hours party will only be held on Thursday. All of us who booked for Tuesday nights will eventually be contacted.

This kinda sucks. I already have a MNSSHP ticket for Oct. 30 and the only other Thursday during my vacation is my arrival day. So Disney expects us to plan our dining/FP+ experiences months in advance, but they can't get their own act together? :confused3

The Disney Parks Blog post that announced the Premium Package and Late Night Live events has also been updated - the after hours party will only be held on Thursday. All of us who booked for Tuesday nights will eventually be contacted. This kinda sucks. I already have a MNSSHP ticket for Oct. 30 and the only other Thursday during my vacation is my arrival day. So Disney expects us to plan our dining/FP+ experiences months in advance, but they can't get their own act together? :confused3

We'd be in the same boat as well. I assume they're giving the option for a full refund?

We'd be in the same boat as well. I assume they're giving the option for a full refund?

We have Oct. 21 booked. I could have picked Thurs., Oct 23, but by bad luck I chose Tues. Now Thurs. we have the Jiko wine dinner and that can't be changed. I can't wait until people start getting the call to find out what the explanation is. How can Disney plan months in advance and then a couple of weeks before decide "Oops! This isn't going to happen." The Food and Wine events we book are all "No changes. No refunds." But their events are not subject to the same restrictions. I guess it's their party, their rules.

....I sure hope so....

The Disney Parks Blog post that announced the Premium Package and Late Night Live events has also been updated - the after hours party will only be held on Thursday. All of us who booked for Tuesday nights will eventually be contacted.

This kinda sucks. I already have a MNSSHP ticket for Oct. 30 and the only other Thursday during my vacation is my arrival day. So Disney expects us to plan our dining/FP+ experiences months in advance, but they can't get their own act together? :confused3

I'm soo upset about this! I too have MNSSHP party tickets for the only Thursday in my vacation. The thing I was looking most forward to was the premium areas and not having to stand in line, I didn't even care about the party as much. :sad:

We have Oct. 21 booked. I could have picked Thurs., Oct 23, but by bad luck I chose Tues. Now Thurs. we have the Jiko wine dinner and that can't be changed. I can't wait until people start getting the call to find out what the explanation is. How can Disney plan months in advance and then a couple of weeks before decide "Oops! This isn't going to happen." The Food and Wine events we book are all "No changes. No refunds." But their events are not subject to the same restrictions. I guess it's their party, their rules.

....wow...that really stinks...

I'm guessing they're not selling as many tickets as they expected.

Seems like it. I am surprised they didn't choose to open it to non-resort guests instead (although not sure how they'd handle the basket). Very sorry for those whose plans are impacted but I am hoping the silver lining is that the premium areas aren't overly crowded...unless those get scaled back too... :confused3

On the phone with them now. Late Night Live for Oct. 7 is cancelled. My choices were Thursday (I have MNSSHP tickets), IllumiNations party Wednesday night (we have a chef's dinner, so we will be stuffed AND we would be rushing to get from one to the other), refund for the Late Night Live portion, or refund of the whole Premium Package. I chose to have the Late Night portion refunded.

Seems like it. I am surprised they didn't choose to open it to non-resort guests instead (although not sure how they'd handle the basket). Very sorry for those whose plans are impacted but I am hoping the silver lining is that the premium areas aren't overly crowded...unless those get scaled back too... :confused3

The portion of the Premium Package being cancelled is the Late Night LIVE. That event is open to non-resort guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter