2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are staying at the YC or BC (not the BCV), then please book the view you want. So many guests book a standard view (guaranteed view of a parking lot or roof) and then when they see their view, they don't like it. And in lots of cases, we can't upgrade you (at your cost of course) to a garden view (view of something green) or water view because those views are sold out on the day you check-in. So if a view is important, please book what you want!!!

Thanks, TeenaS. Are you the part-time greeter mention in an earlier post? Maybe will see you there? We are staying in a studio at BCV. We'd like 4th or 5th floor, preferably Epcot View, or woods view. But, as you said in your post, too few rooms available, so you get what's available. We are arriving on a Saturday, if that makes a difference.

Thanks, TeenaS. Are you the part-time greeter mention in an earlier post? Maybe will see you there? We are staying in a studio at BCV. We'd like 4th or 5th floor, preferably Epcot View, or woods view. But, as you said in your post, too few rooms available, so you get what's available. We are arriving on a Saturday, if that makes a difference.

Yep, that's me. I work Sundays and Mondays unless I'm on a cruise or out visiting my daughter and granddaughter. I'd love to meet you. Not sure when you are arriving. I won't be there the next two Sundays and Mondays. I fly out tomorrow for two weeks with Jeanne and Princess Lily.

Yep, that's me. I work Sundays and Mondays unless I'm on a cruise or out visiting my daughter and granddaughter. I'd love to meet you. Not sure when you are arriving. I won't be there the next two Sundays and Mondays. I fly out tomorrow for two weeks with Jeanne and Princess Lily.

We are not coming until the last week in June.

So it started out as an awful day when my 5 am flight was cancelled. I flew standby and actually was the last standby allowed on the new flight ! Made it to Orlando the same time the other flight was suppose to land . Phew... Made it

Arrived at BC about 90 minutes ago and as I was walking through the second set of doors about to turn right to go to the check in desk I hear a guy running and saying my name. I turn around and a wonderful CM with an iPad tells me to follow him to check in upstairs!!!!! I said but I only booked a standard view and he said and you have a standard view just on the concierge floor :) can you say pixie dust . DH immediately wanted to add days but I reminded him that we only have a one night stay because BC is totally booked . I will however enjoy my 1 night and 2 days at SAB

Bummer about the flight but glad it worked out and that you got pixie dusted with the upgrade.

Just got back last night from 5 nights at the Beach Club. We've stayed twice at the Grand, so I'm partial (it's my happy place) but Beach is now a very close second. We love Sugarloaf Key (CL) at the Grand Floridian, but with the monorail shut downs, didn't think it was worth the cost this time.

Sooo...arrived in MCO 30 minutes behind schedule. Got on DME right away! I thought "yay...we'll get there quick." Well, another 30 minutes later we pulled out and started the grand tour of the CBR, BW, and finally the Beach Club.

Walked up and asked a CM with an iPad which way to check in and she did it all right then and there since I did online check-in, just had to grab the packet with the room number. Slick!

We had 4538. I booked a garden view. It was a view of the woods between BC and BCV with some shrubs and deadfall. Fine. Full balcony, but didn't use it much due to the chilly weather. It's all...ALL...the way down the hall near the very end, BUT has the secret exit to Epcot. That exit saved a ton of walking.

After a very quick trip to the pool, we wanted to get ready for dinner. We had a 6:20 ADR at Citrico's. But, our luggage hadn't arrived yet. So we went in our travel clothes. The bus to MK was quick, but I forgot about the monorail closures. The skies opened and dumped on us just as we arrived at MK and they closed the boat service to GF. So we schlepped back to the buses, but it was a crowded mess in the pouring rain. Had to wait for 3 buses to be able to get on and some people in the queue were acting like buttheads. You would think if the monorail and boat were both closed, they would send a GF/Poly bus more often than once every 20 minutes. So we arrived a bit late, wet and weary, and not dressed up. We had a nice meal, but missed Wishes. We should have just eaten at Cape May, but I was trying to uphold our tradition of our arrival night dinner at Citrico's.

We made it back to BC without incident, and unpacked and went to bed after a warm shower...just in time to be kept awake until 1:30am by really noisy neighbors. I understand Spanish better than I speak it, and I could hear every word loud and clear. Just in case you were wondering, they really enjoyed their day at Epcot and were planning in detail all the things to do at Hollywood Studios the following day. I banged on the wall a couple of times but that did nothing to quiet them down. [I did have a mental moment 2 nights later and stormed out to confront them and tell them that it was 1am so please stop screaming. This time they shut up and we didn't have any more problems.]

Now, before you think I'm a complainer, I'd like you to know that despite the rough start, the rest of the trip went very smoothly. We enjoyed 4 very full days in the park. The proximity of BC to Epcot and HS is definitely a plus. The bus service was pretty prompt except for Monday morning when we waited 30 min.

On Monday, our departure day, we had breakfast at Ohana, then barely made it back to the room before 11 to change into swimsuits and collect our day bags. Teena's advice about the lockers in the spa was much appreciated. We swam a little and had a sunken treasure at Hurricane Hanna's. I really liked the Raspberry Pina Colava too. It was nice to meet you Teena.

I should be there!
TeenaS we arrive at BCV on Sunday March 9. Hopefully we will see you then! Enjoy your trip to see Princess Lily ( I have a Lily too and this will be her first trip to see the Mouse). My Lily has loved looking at all the pics on the board, including the great outfits your Lily wears!

TeenaS we arrive at BCV on Sunday March 9. Hopefully we will see you then! Enjoy your trip to see Princess Lily ( I have a Lily too and this will be her first trip to see the Mouse). My Lily has loved looking at all the pics on the board, including the great outfits your Lily wears!

Looking forward to meeting you and your Lily!!!!

Fifth floor at the BCR is club level rooms only. But if you are staying at the BCR and did not book club level, make sure you add "4th floor requested" as your one and only request. The more requests, the less chance you will get them. It's always easier to get your request if you limit the request to one thing. Just remember requests are never guaranteed. The room assignors try hard but sometimes it is impossible ... what you request is not available on the day you check-in.

BCV is ALWAYS 99 - 100% occupied and therefore getting requests met are very hard. For instance, let's say you have a one bedroom reserved at the BCV arriving 9/1/14 for five nights. The BCV is a very small resort and there aren't that many one bedroom villas to begin with. You might request one on the fourth and fifth floor. The chance that one of the one bedroom units on the 4th or 5th floor being vacated on the day you check in is probably slim. So, although there might be a total of 30 one bedroom villas in the whole resort, there might only be 6 being vacated on your check-in date. Therefore, the only ones you could possibly get would be one of those 6. And the chance that one of those six is what you requested is pretty slim. Hope that makes sense.

The room assignors at the Y&B try very hard to meet requests. Most people request a full balcony at the BC and lets face it, only 50% of the rooms have a full balcony so obviously not everybody is going to get a full balcony. The room assignor can't give you what they don't have.

If what you want is not available on the day you check-in, then you always have the option of changing rooms when what you want is available. Personally I would not do that because I do not spend any time in the room except to sleep, change clothes or shower. I could care less where the room is or what I look at out the window. I know some people say they spend hours on the balcony and if that's the case, then a full balcony would be very important and if one was not available on the day they check-in, then they should ask when one would be available and change rooms on that day.

Another thing. If you are staying at the YC or BC (not the BCV), then please book the view you want. So many guests book a standard view (guaranteed view of a parking lot or roof) and then when they see their view, they don't like it. And in lots of cases, we can't upgrade you (at your cost of course) to a garden view (view of something green) or water view because those views are sold out on the day you check-in. So if a view is important, please book what you want!!!

Hi!

We are staying in a garden view room at Beach Club in late October.

I was going to request a full balcony, but that's not really important to me.
What I would like is to be on the "lakeside" or "back" of resort (I've learned what I thought was front is actually back ;)). I've seen pictures of garden view rooms overlooking courtyards near an entrance lakeside - does that make sense?

How should I word that request? Courtyard view lakeside? Or am I thinking I saw something I didn't, which is entirely possible! :rotfl:
Rooms 3629 and 2575 from the Beach club room view thread are examples of what I mean - I know not to ask for a specific room number.

Mostly, I just don't want a woods view, I saw pictures on here and I didn't really like it.

Actually mostly I'll just be happy to be there, but can't hurt to ask! ;)

Can't wait! Going April 4-12..We have never stayed at YC...staying CL...Has anyone ever rented boats...etc...my kids are very excited about this. :) :)

We rented one of the Montauk boats from the BC/YC Marina on our trip last year and we LOVED it. Had never done it on any of our previous trips, but we will definitely make it a point to do it every time form now on.

Here is a link to my review with lots of pictures:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46005039&postcount=1400

I will be at YC from April 4-12...can you add me to the BOG List? I will stop by and say HI TeenaS....You are an amazing wealth of information...Thank you so much for all your help..I do a lot of reading on here and not too much posting.

I am very nervous about staying at YC..never have been there, and we usually have a much larger room, but we booked CL room...no suites were available...Hope my 15 and 12ds's and 9 dd with dh and I have enough room in those rooms...I thought this resort would be good for my kids...

Hope you are feeling better soon!

I will be at YC from April 4-12...can you add me to the BOG List? I will stop by and say HI TeenaS....You are an amazing wealth of information...Thank you so much for all your help..I do a lot of reading on here and not too much posting.

I am very nervous about staying at YC..never have been there, and we usually have a much larger room, but we booked CL room...no suites were available...Hope my 15 and 12ds's and 9 dd with dh and I have enough room in those rooms...I thought this resort would be good for my kids...

Hope you are feeling better soon!

YC CL is lovely! Have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

Hi!

We are staying in a garden view room at Beach Club in late October.

I was going to request a full balcony, but that's not really important to me.
What I would like is to be on the "lakeside" or "back" of resort (I've learned what I thought was front is actually back ;)). I've seen pictures of garden view rooms overlooking courtyards near an entrance lakeside - does that make sense?

How should I word that request? Courtyard view lakeside? Or am I thinking I saw something I didn't, which is entirely possible! :rotfl:
Rooms 3629 and 2575 from the Beach club room view thread are examples of what I mean - I know not to ask for a specific room number.

Mostly, I just don't want a woods view, I saw pictures on here and I didn't really like it.

Actually mostly I'll just be happy to be there, but can't hurt to ask! ;)

Just say "courtyard view requested" on your reservation.

Make sure you get more of that pool time tomorrow!!

~N

YES! THIS!!!! Do it for us!
If you are up to it, try to post a picture of the hottest looking guy hanging out at the pool holding a Sunken treasure and beckoning us to come closer... Closer... CLOSER!!! ::yes::

~NM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter