2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my fast pass picks done!:banana:
Missed getting a lunch for BoG but will keep looking.
Now it all about the wait. :thumbsup2

See ya'll soon!

Natebenma, Thanks

YO

See ya'll soon!

Natebenma, Thanks

YO

Too early yet for BOG lunch most likely. Keep checking. I just got May 8th last week. They release only a few weeks before.

Having a truely amazing time and so worth the 9 hour flight! If anyone has any questions I'll do my best to answer them. Currently sat on the balcony whilst my 2 youngest have a nap. Looking forward to our dinner reservation at Sanaa tonight. Thanks for all the help this forum gives. It has made a real difference to our holiday and how we approach it xx :cool1:

Enjoy your trip! :cool1:

Having a truely amazing time and so worth the 9 hour flight! If anyone has any questions I'll do my best to answer them. Currently sat on the balcony whilst my 2 youngest have a nap. Looking forward to our dinner reservation at Sanaa tonight. Thanks for all the help this forum gives. It has made a real difference to our holiday and how we approach it xx :cool1:
Have a brilliant time :goodvibes

Thanks. They do sound good. Still totally confused what to go for.....

We have been over The 4th July a few times and love dining in Epcot (last time was 9 Dragons and it was great) and then watching Illuminations before a leisurely glass of vino in Italy or France to let the crowds disperse and then we strolled to the BC/YC :cool1: Just remember that Illuminations tends to be at 10PM instead of the usual 9pm so check the times. We were caught out by this once and rushed through dinner only to find we could have taken our time. 9 Dragons and Le Cellier both allowed us to go watch outside and then return to our table afterwards for dessert but this may just have been that we had wonderful servers those nights :)

Wow that sounds good. Is nine dragons good, I noticed they had reservations available?

I wish I could but that time of the year... sadly I can not...

Sigh...Ahhhh the teacher's life.

Wow that sounds good. Is nine dragons good, I noticed they had reservations available?

It's solid. It's not our favorite. Disney Dining experience, but it's lovely, the food is what you'd expect from a slightly upscale Chinese restaurant, and we've never had a problem getting in. It's our "Old reliable."

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Does anyone have a list of the music that is played at BC? It would be great to make a playlist to help make the next 17 days go faster till we get there! Done this in the past for POR. Also helps after the trip to keep he memories alive!

Does anyone have a list of the music that is played at BC? It would be great to make a playlist to help make the next 17 days go faster till we get there! Done this in the past for POR. Also helps after the trip to keep he memories alive!

Ask and ye shall receive!

When I first heard this playlist, I thought it was random and boring, but after staying at Yacht and Beach, it all makes sense and really puts me there!

http://www.magicmusic.net/topic/4400-yacht-and-beach-club-area-music/

If you are staying in club level, do you find a need to purchase refillable mugs?

Thanks in advance!

If you are staying in club level, do you find a need to purchase refillable mugs? Thanks in advance!

That is a personal decision for you. The lounge will have beverages available throughout most of the day. If I recall correctly you can access the refrigerator with soda and possibly water in it 24/7. I know you definitely can during hours when the lounge is open.

If you are staying in club level, do you find a need to purchase refillable mugs?

Thanks in advance!

You don't get a refillable mug with a club level stay, so if you want one to have down by the pool, or for a souvenir (or near France in Epcot) you would need to buy one.

As Scott says there are lots of beverages available on CL, so when we stay CL we have never gotten the refillable mug, and haven't missed them at all (other than we don't have the souvenir.)

Thanks in advance!

We get the refillable mugs with our dining plan and like to use them while at SAB. If they didn't come with our package I would probably buy one to two for convenience sake but not for all five of us. Pop is available all the time in the CL lounge and its nice to grab when you're heading out or coming back to your room. If you think you'll use the mug (since it's quite a hike from SAB to the CL lounge to grab a drink when you're thirsty) then get one. But you don't need one if all you're going to use it for is when you go to your room. That's what the lounge is for! I hope you enjoy your CL stay as much as we do!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

pages 179-180

Teena is back home from her cruise. She sent me a few pictures and I'll post a couple here and all of them on the Lily Goes Live thread when I have a chance. She will be busy today doing laundry, catching up, picking up Jeanne from the airport :banana: :banana: :banana: and no doubt trying to track down the elusive Elsa dress from the Disney Store (size 4).

:goodvibes:

Our second stay at BCV begins in just about 1 month!!! Cannot wait. Part of a split stay, we start at our timeshare (Sheraton Vistana Villages) for 4 nights and then 4 GLORIOUS nights at BCV!!!!

CANNOT WAIT!!!

Fantastic! I have you on the list for May, but not your exact dates, so I will make the adjustment.

:cool1:

Yes, we'll be at Portofino Bay (have stayed once before and loved it there) and figured that going over Thanksgiving the use of their resort front-of-the-line pass will be most beneficial:thumbsup2 In fact, that's why I planned Disney first and then the Dark Side since we'll be there on Thanksgiving Day and the following, to take advantage of the FOL perk. I'd rather Disney be the thing we end our vacation with, but the crowds over such a busy time made the decision a no-brainer!!

We have stayed at the Portofino (July 2011) and the Hard Rock (July 2013). Liked the Portofino. Loved the HR. Onsite is definitely essential for the express pass.

Sounds like a good call.

:thumbsup2

The surprise might not even be until our vacation. I'm pretty sure they will figure out we are driving to Florida. And I hope they aren't too "disappointed" by POR. I figured I would tell them we need to pack up and switch our room because there is a problem. Then drive to the Beach Club!! :dance3: That's the plan anyway...

Just getting them to choose MagicBand colors was interesting. They asked why, and I told them there was a Disney survey on favorite colors. ::yes::

Very cool!

:)

So glad you are having a fantastic time. Thanks for checking in and enjoy the rest of your trip!

:goodvibes

See ya'll soon!

Natebenma, Thanks

YO

:yay:

When I first heard this playlist, I thought it was random and boring, but after staying at Yacht and Beach, it all makes sense and really puts me there!

http://www.magicmusic.net/topic/4400-yacht-and-beach-club-area-music/

OK, that link rocks! Well, more like Jazz, but I haven't seen this before. I have already added it the Trip Report/Picture Post on Page 2, "For your listening pleasure"

Thanks for sharing.

We once had someone ask about the music on the buses to the Y&BC- I don't think we ever got that answered. Do you have that link floating around at your fingertips???

:goodvibes

I'm just a few days out from going on my next trip to the YC. :banana::banana: Can't wait to leave on Friday for FL. I am so looking forward to everything being green and seeing the flowers. I need some sun after that long, horrible winter!

Yesterday, with the new AP discount, just booked our summer trip. We'll be doing a split stay, staying 7/22-7/27 at the WL and 7/27-8/1 at the YC. So, at least when we're leaving Disney, we won't be too sad knowing we're back in a few months! :cool1: :woohoo:

What does that countdown ticker say... Yea I know there are a lot of tickers :) I am referring to the one in yellow and red... under 200 woohooo!!

~N

Is the Club Level lounge still open 24 hours? What's available at 10pm? Is alcohol still available?

I know they close to restock at certain times, but not sure if there's still stuff available late night.

Nothing beats stopping at the lounge for a late night snack!!!

That is fantastic! I'm working on downloading these right now. Thanks!!

Is the Club Level lounge still open 24 hours? What's available at 10pm? Is alcohol still available?

I know they close to restock at certain times, but not sure if there's still stuff available late night.

Nothing beats stopping at the lounge for a late night snack!!!

When we were there last April, the lounge was open after 10 but the only thing out was some water, some fruit, there were sodas in the fridge. The alcohol was taken out. DH seems to remember a few other little snacks. But, once it was gone, it was gone.

Changed our dates, now doing a split stay 10/30-11/7 at POR and BC 11/7-11/10. Had to try out a Royal Room, but wanted to be at BC for the Wine and Dine half!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter