2013 Hilton Head lovers thread

Ok, we're here. Building 17, 2 bedroom. Cold but sunny.

Met up with several friends last night and we had a blast! Sorry if we got a little loud. First night for us is always the crazy night.

Still haven't tracked down OKW2009 but he's here on a "romantic" trip with his DW so we probably won't see them.

If anyone needs me to check on anything while we are here, just ask.

First time here and so far no complaints. We really like the laundry in the room. Everything seems well maintained and in great working order. Might be a little premature but it looks like we will be making this a every other or every three year trip.:wave2:

Ok, we're here. Building 17, 2 bedroom. Cold but sunny.

Met up with several friends last night and we had a blast! Sorry if we got a little loud. First night for us is always the crazy night.

Still haven't tracked down OKW2009 but he's here on a "romantic" trip with his DW so we probably won't see them.

If anyone needs me to check on anything while we are here, just ask.

First time here and so far no complaints. We really like the laundry in the room. Everything seems well maintained and in great working order. Might be a little premature but it looks like we will be making this a every other or every three year trip.:wave2:

I can understand the desire to come back! The Woz family had a great time in 2012, & has asked to do it again in 2014!:goodvibes

Thanks, very helpful!
The previous post about the Piggly was probably from the store manager.:)

I do need to find a good liquor store that sells more than Grey Goose and Canadian Mist.

Looks like a cool week for us next week but still looking forward to our first visit.

you people are missing the point. it's the click and shop thats the point. the walmart is filthy, and if you want cheap, use the bilo at 278 and Mathews, sheesh... it's just not this hard folks ROFL... plus the walmart is notorious for , wait, ya know what, you want walmart, by all means go. less shoppers clogging the asiles for the rest of us ROFL... enjoy that Norovirus.
also, I am not a manager of anything, but I do live here on Hilton head now, and we are DVC member's... and this is the last time I offer help . No one likes to be called a liar, even if it's not what you actually said.
I would NEVER send anyone to a walmart store, esp not this one, but what do I know, again, I just live here. I think I explained pretty well about whose prices were what, and The Pig is somewhere in the mid range. If you really want better prices and less hassle, then I suggest shopping in Bluffton prior to your drive across the bridge. unless you're checking in on a sat, sunday or wednesday, as the traffic is so bad all your frozen stuff would melt by the time you got to the cove.
The easiest way to get your groceries, NOT the cheapest, is to use the click and shop at the Pig... period and I don't care who tells you what... and the pig is no more higher priced than Publix .

I don't know that... but it's worth a phone call. this is in answer to question about delivery.

We're in building 11 (main lodge), top floor with a good view of the marina and partial view of the marsh. We get to see the sun rise, very nice. It's cold but we're having a great time. Went biking on the beach yesterday, saw dolphins just a few meters from shore, then went to the campfire for songs & smores. Did a nature sightseeing tour of the resort this morning with an excellent guide. We love this place!

I appreciate all the replies thus far! So...if you've been what do you think I might forget to bring? What are those items that you wish you had in your room that it did not have? Or supplies like marshmallows, etc.? I don't mind going to the store if the traffic is not too crazy from the PGA event but I want to be prepared! Thanks a bunch!

the traffic will be a night mare, r you kidding??? this island is 12 miles long and 5 milesw across with one main road... do the math, ROFL

the one item we alwys bring is our crock pot! deep woods off ( for both mosiquitos and noseums), I always have sauce, pasta and ground turkey, and the makiongs for cold tuna salad with shells ... I make both when I get there and never have to cook much after that. we always have deli meat for sandwhiches and stuff for salads and fruit, easy grab and go stuff. OH and bottled water! unless you like your water to taste like a swiming pool.

When you talk about the busy season and things being cart to cart, what months are your referring to? Also is there truly traffic problems on the island? We will be there June 2013.

there is one road onto the island, on Sat sunday and wed for a bit, the inbound lane is a parking lot from about noon until 5pm. and NO I am not exaggerating. I always tell folks get on the island before 11am on any of those days or you're gonna sit on the road so take a good book.
spring break until labor day is season here, and the PGA tournament. coming up soon.
since Easter is so early and winter so late to get started , we may hold off until mid April until it gets NUTS on those days. and traffic on the island is bad, BUT many people opt for a nice walk, or riding bikes as the island has bike paths all over it.

You are lucky . . . we lost a ton and the April break is the last to go . . . used up the allotment of extra days built in, added on to the end of the year in June, made a Friday of President's weekend a half day rather than off. Looks like we are good this week with the weather, but still have a few more weeks to worry about. Fingers crossed for both of us!

I see you are from the Northeast too! Do you drive down?

We have never driven that far but yes we are driving from Massachusetts!! We need luck.

We were at HHI a couple years ago when the PGA tournament coincided with Easter (I remember going to an Easter brunch alone because DH was at the Heritage). Except for Sea Pines, traffic really wasn't much worse than other times we're used to. And the "other times" are always off-season, we've never gone to HHI between April and October. The only day that was exceptionally busy, to us, was Good Friday at resturants. We thought we'd wander into Roastfish and Cornbread about 5:15. Wrong! It, and everywhere else, was packed. We ended up at the British Open Pub, where I had an excellent grilled shrimp salad. I forget the name of it, but it was named after some famous golfer.

The easiest way to get your groceries, NOT the cheapest, is to use the click and shop at the Pig... period and I don't care who tells you what... and the pig is no more higher priced than Publix .

I am very sorry that you took offense (or offence, I never really figured out which one is correct). That was not my intent. It was a very pathetic attempt to be humorous and obviously I failed.
Anyways. we just got back from "The Pig" and I was pleasantly surprised that most prices where reasonable. We stopped at Publix yesterday and for the most part, not much difference.
F.Y.I. not only is the Piggly Wiggly the closest to the resort but in the same shopping center is a very reasonably priced and well stocked liquor store, So for those who include a nice adult beverage during your stay. that may be a factor. Unfortunately , my DW is a very finicky wine drinker and the liquor store has a very nice "room" that has a very impressive selection. Most bottles range from $59 to $159.

Tonight we will be entertained in Bluffton by some prominent city officials/employees along with some long time friends of the family. We will be having a private dinner in "Old Town" so that seems like an exciting event. Looks like tomorrow the a.m. will be another slow start.:dance3:

Been going to HH resort for 12 years and we always have shopped at the Pig! Thank you for the info about ordering online. I hate arriving and having to go to the supermarket!!
Thanks for info and keep it coming.....there are people here who do appreciate it!

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when we received an envelope from the HHI Resort:thumbsup2. It had a nice letter in it about our upcoming holiday reservation and information about the Easter Brunch and Easter baskets that we can pre-order. I called my dad to let him know, as we are still undecided about where to eat for Easter, and he said that my mom got the same package! :confused3:confused3:confused3 Um...I am the member! My mom and dad's names are on the reservation, but I don't understand why they sent the info to both of us. I'm not upset...it saved me the trip over to their house to show it to them:lmao:. I find it very nice that they took the time to mail it to both parties listed...great service!

Just 24 more days!

there is one road onto the island, on Sat sunday and wed for a bit, the inbound lane is a parking lot from about noon until 5pm. and NO I am not exaggerating. I always tell folks get on the island before 11am on any of those days or you're gonna sit on the road so take a good book.
spring break until labor day is season here, and the PGA tournament. coming up soon.
since Easter is so early and winter so late to get started , we may hold off until mid April until it gets NUTS on those days. and traffic on the island is bad, BUT many people opt for a nice walk, or riding bikes as the island has bike paths all over it.

Thanks for the tip about arriving before 11am on Sunday. We are planning on staying in Bluffton or somewhere close on Saturday night and then doing grocery shopping before heading over to HHI.

Does anyone know if HHI has somewhere to store our perishable food if we arrive early before check-in?

kristenrice said:
I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when we received an envelope from the HHI Resort:thumbsup2. It had a nice letter in it about our upcoming holiday reservation and information about the Easter Brunch and Easter baskets that we can pre-order. I called my dad to let him know, as we are still undecided about where to eat for Easter, and he said that my mom got the same package! :confused3:confused3:confused3 Um...I am the member! My mom and dad's names are on the reservation, but I don't understand why they sent the info to both of us. I'm not upset...it saved me the trip over to their house to show it to them:lmao:. I find it very nice that they took the time to mail it to both parties listed...great service!

Just 24 more days!

Is there a website that you can order Easter Baskets from? We are leaving on Good Friday to drive home. I would love to be able to get my kids their Easter Baskets from HH. Thanks!!

Just 24 more days!

Here are a few photos from the Easter Buffet when I went to it in 2011-

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

The tables were reserved, so when I got there, they lead me over to the table that was reserved for me. Bleu came to play during it. The one thing that bothered me was that all the plates and silverware were styrofoam and plastic, rather than the "real" plates and silverware from a restaurant. However, since DH was at the Heritage golf, I was without a car and therefore this was my only option. Frankly, although I love the resort, I would have gone elsewhere if DH had been with me just because the styrofoam and plastic bothered me so for an Easter Brunch.

Here are a few photos from the Easter Buffet when I went to it in 2011-

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

The tables were reserved, so when I got there, they lead me over to the table that was reserved for me. Bleu came to play during it. The one thing that bothered me was that all the plates and silverware were styrofoam and plastic, rather than the "real" plates and silverware from a restaurant. However, since DH was at the Heritage golf, I was without a car and therefore this was my only option. Frankly, although I love the resort, I would have gone elsewhere if DH had been with me just because the styrofoam and plastic bothered me so for an Easter Brunch.

Thanks for the photos!:goodvibes I agree, plastic utensils and styorofoam seem a little tacky for an Easter brunch. I'm wondering though, dad is not big on crowds and DH *hates* to wait for his food. (I'm talking if a restaurant says a 15 minute wait, we walk out the door) So, would the Easter brunch at the resort be a good choice? It doesn't seem like it would be too crowded and since it is a buffet, DH wouldn't have to wait. Our other idea was the British Open Pub or even cooking a meal in our room. I was thinking that the Pub would be very crowded and (even with a reservation) possibly have a wait, and cooking in the room? Eh, not my first choice.

Thanks for the photos!:goodvibes I agree, plastic utensils and styorofoam seem a little tacky for an Easter brunch. I'm wondering though, dad is not big on crowds and DH *hates* to wait for his food. (I'm talking if a restaurant says a 15 minute wait, we walk out the door) So, would the Easter brunch at the resort be a good choice? It doesn't seem like it would be too crowded and since it is a buffet, DH wouldn't have to wait. Our other idea was the British Open Pub or even cooking a meal in our room. I was thinking that the Pub would be very crowded and (even with a reservation) possibly have a wait, and cooking in the room? Eh, not my first choice.

No, it wasn't crowded so for your DH, who doesn't like to wait, it would be a good choice. Gee, I thought my DH was the only one who wouldn't wait for food.

I am very sorry that you took offense (or offence, I never really figured out which one is correct). That was not my intent. It was a very pathetic attempt to be humorous and obviously I failed.
Anyways. we just got back from "The Pig" and I was pleasantly surprised that most prices where reasonable. We stopped at Publix yesterday and for the most part, not much difference.
F.Y.I. not only is the Piggly Wiggly the closest to the resort but in the same shopping center is a very reasonably priced and well stocked liquor store, So for those who include a nice adult beverage during your stay. that may be a factor. Unfortunately , my DW is a very finicky wine drinker and the liquor store has a very nice "room" that has a very impressive selection. Most bottles range from $59 to $159.

Tonight we will be entertained in Bluffton by some prominent city officials/employees along with some long time friends of the family. We will be having a private dinner in "Old Town" so that seems like an exciting event. Looks like tomorrow the a.m. will be another slow start.:dance3:

thanks for the apology, accepted. and yes not only is that liquor store a good one its also the lowest prices on the island there is a place called outside there too, good to set up fun adventures and excursions . they also have fun stuff for teens to do for a day!
that entire little shopping center is well worth a look around IMHO but NOT on Sat. or Sunday!
and we just found a soda called Mr Pig that is JUST like DR Pepper, and all the kids want it now! my grandkids all want tog o to The Pig... I have no idea whats up with that but for about 20 bucks a kid they r happy with PIG stuff from t shirts to chapstick with sunscreen! OMG... rofl, its as famous as Salty Dog... who knew? :scared1:

I haven't read the entire thread, so hopefully this hasn't been asked. Has anyone tried the restaurant HH Prime? I am looking for an upscale restaurant with good steaks and seafood.

Does anyone know if there are pins available for sale/trading at the gift shop? We are going in April and wondering if we should bring our pins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter